• 9(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
It has something to do with installing via zip file. I tried uninstalling reinstalling with the addon manager. Looked in appdata default.py 0.9.6 Huh Uninstalled, unzipped the same .zip copied the folder to appdata. Now I have 0.9.8 with the same 'forbidden 403'.
http://pastebin.com/Gf0V8ic1
Redneck Wrote:I installed the 0.9.8 it's been working great. Nod
On one of my subscriptions BBCFood I get a 'forbidden 403'. This plays fine in a browser.
http://pastebin.com/UGFukwku
Edit: I just looked at that log it says 0.9.6

I think that user doesn't have uploads, but just have favorites.

Bring on the context menu and select "Change subscription to favorites"

Please confirm if that works and it is the correct videos you see.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:I think that user doesn't have uploads, but just have favorites.

Bring on the context menu and select "Change subscription to favorites"

Please confirm if that works and it is the correct videos you see.

You are correct. In the browser I get a list of videos. If I try to view the channel I get 'This channel is not available.'Angry

Ok I changed the subscription to favorite. Now I get a list of 11 videos. The youtube subscription shows 72.
bah, 11 of 72..
Redneck Wrote:You are correct. In the browser I get a list of videos. If I try to view the channel I get 'This channel is not available.'Angry

Ok I changed the subscription to favorite. Now I get a list of 11 videos. The youtube subscription shows 72.

Sorry, by in the browser I meant web browser.
I'm sorry to say that i'm not sure we can fix this subscription.

Trust me i'm not happy about it, but i really don't want to create an entire scraper for this.

I think it is too annoying. I might look into it later, but not right now.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:I'm sorry to say that i'm not sure we can fix this subscription.

Trust me i'm not happy about it, but i really don't want to create an entire scraper for this.

I think it is too annoying. I might look into it later, but not right now.
No problem, I'm not worried about it. I was just trying to help.

I've really been enjoying this. Thanks for all your hard work.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:From the homepage

"XBMC4XBOX users need the latest xbmcsvn.com or t3ch svn build"

Though i'm not sure if it has been tried.

But if you have either of those builds, give it a go. And please report back.

spiff Wrote:no, it won't work on xbox. xbox doesn't have the add-ons system and i doubt it ever will.

To make Dharma plugins/scripts compatible for the XBOX, you need to add detection for xbox to change the xbmcplugin.getSetting usage. If you replaced the "pluginhandle," from each xbmcplugin.getSetting then they should work.

hopefully you can support this...
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:if you have any requests, now is the time to voice it.

Hey, just wanted to suggest the search against a user/channel feature again.

Thanks again for all the hard work. Great job on this plugin Smile
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Unless there are any major issues left we are going to issue a Release Candidate soon.

Once we release -rc1 we won't accept any more feature requests before we release our final 1.0, so if you have any requests, now is the time to voice it.

Thanks for a great plugin.

One feature that I thought of that would be useful would be an option to download the highest resolution of video. I like to stream the videos at 720p if it's available, but would prefer to download them 1080p.

Not a biggie tho.
procrastinator Wrote:Hey, just wanted to suggest the search against a user/channel feature again.

Thanks again for all the hard work. Great job on this plugin Smile

ETA: This is wrong, i mean categories, not channel
----

Search against channel is something i hope to introduce in version 2.

Basically we have no channel support as it is, and i would like to add browsing support for it. But it isn't in the API, so i have to make a scraper.
---

And i really find scrapers for youtube really really annoying... Or rather, i find youtube really really annoying Smile

Once we actually get browsing support for channels, there will be a search as well.

As for search users, if you just write a username in the normal search it will find videos by that user. It will also find videos with the username in the title so it isn't a perfect solution.

We are just worried about cluttering the interface with too many options. We need to have a good WAF as well, and too many options might do more harm than good in that respect.

Could you try just using the current search for searching for users, and see if it is sufficient?

If it isn't sufficient we will have to see if there is a good way to implement it, i just really don't want three "Search" folders like there is in YouTube3.
Johnnyfive Wrote:Thanks for a great plugin.

One feature that I thought of that would be useful would be an option to download the highest resolution of video. I like to stream the videos at 720p if it's available, but would prefer to download them 1080p.

Not a biggie tho.

It is quite doable, but i honestly don't understand the use case.

But still, this is pretty damn easy to implement.

Again, this is going to clutter up the settings, but i'll take a look at it.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:It is quite doable, but i honestly don't understand the use case.

But still, this is pretty damn easy to implement.

Again, this is going to clutter up the settings, but i'll take a look at it.

I was thinking of the problem of streaming at a lower resolution, say 480p, to avoid buffering issues on slow connections but wanting the highest resolution to be downloaded for playback later.

You could always go to the settings and change it when you want to swap between streaming and downloading so it's not a big deal.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Search against channel is something i hope to introduce in version 2.

Basically we have no channel support as it is, and i would like to add browsing support for it.

We are just worried about cluttering the interface with too many options.

The browsing in ver. 2 sounds like it would be great. Hope that implementing it doesn't cause you too many headaches!

Adding the username to the search term does seem to work fairly well. Its not perfect, but I can absolutely see where you're coming from with not wanting to clutter up the interface, so I think that it's probably sufficient.

I did just think of another feature request though: Would it be possible to show more infomation in the video information? What I'm specifically thinking of is the season and episode information. I've highlighted what I mean in the picture below:

I realise that you might not be able to view a page like this (with seaon and episode info) in your locale. So, I've no idea if this will be of any use, but here's the source code of the page shown above.

It might be useful the release date in the video info as well if this is possible.
procrastinator Wrote:I realise that you might not be able to view a page like this (with seaon and episode info) in your locale. So, I've no idea if this will be of any use, but here's the source code of the page shown above.

It might be useful the release date in the video info as well if this is possible.

Again with the annoying region coding.

could you go to this url and put a copy of it on pastebin

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/BRGDvzs4NuQ

When i go there i just get "bla bla bla wrong region" crap.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28