• 25(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
Ok, but thanks still... Possible but cumbersome is still better than not possible at all! Smile
I've been trying to download the old spice commercial but I get after the initial popup I get a second popup - "Download Video, Uncaught Error:" and it stops (doesn't even create the filename in the folder)

Do some channels disable downloading? I tried this with a Red hot chilli peppers song too. Seemed the were both the official channel. although "john butler trio - Don't wanna see your face" worked fine.

Anyway plugin is great, Thanks!!!
PS i have my settings for 720p if possible.

@ameinild:
You could use the plugin to download the music videos you like to a folder (the option is there) and then use the music videos option to create playlist etc. That way if you tube change anything on the site or (heaven forefend remove anything) you will have a copy of your good stuff on hand.. even when the site is down etc

Just my 2 cents.
Ok Henrik, you've been a big help here - last silly question: I got everything working (yeah) - I can actually play my youtube playlist and shuffle it!! Only problem is that I'm sort of "stuck" in "now playing" mode, and I can't get the XBMC menus to go away, and just go back to the video!!! How do I do that? Thanks a lot! - Artur
EDIT: I found out after fiddling around, how to select the video frame in the left menu where I also shuffle, and go back to the video! Cool, this is great... Smile
ameinild Wrote:Ok Henrik, you've been a big help here - last silly question: I got everything working (yeah) - I can actually play my youtube playlist and shuffle it!! Only problem is that I'm sort of "stuck" in "now playing" mode, and I can't get the XBMC menus to go away, and just go back to the video!!! How do I do that? Thanks a lot! - Artur
EDIT: I found out after fiddling around, how to select the video frame in the left menu where I also shuffle, and go back to the video! Cool, this is great... Smile

Problem Solved... Big Grin
vendril Wrote:I've been trying to download the old spice commercial but I get after the initial popup I get a second popup - "Download Video, Uncaught Error:" and it stops (doesn't even create the filename in the folder)

Do some channels disable downloading? I tried this with a Red hot chilli peppers song too. Seemed the were both the official channel. although "john butler trio - Don't wanna see your face" worked fine.

Anyway plugin is great, Thanks!!!
PS i have my settings for 720p if possible.

The only case where downloading videos should fail would be if you try and download a RTMPE stream (that require flash verification), otherwise if you can play the video you should be able to download it.
Without a debug log it's very hard for me to help you any further, as i have very little information to go on.. Sad
don't know if this has already been said, but if you activate html 5 videos for youtube in firefox, this youtube plugin in xbmc cannot play videos anymore. it works again if i disable html 5 videos in forefox.
a_user Wrote:don't know if this has already been said, but if you activate html 5 videos for youtube in firefox, this youtube plugin in xbmc cannot play videos anymore. it works again if i disable html 5 videos in forefox.

Hi a_user, I'm currently working on ironing out some problems with the plugin so we can release another fix, but im having a hard time reproducing this error without more information. I have joined the HTML5 beta, but the plugin worked with every video I tried. Could you post a log with the plugins debug mode enabled (can be found in settings), that might help narrow it down.

Huh
@HenrikDK: thx for your reply. i will do so when i'm home again.

do i need additionally to activate also the debug mode of xbmc itself, despite of the setting you mentioned in the addon settings?

p.s. i used the latest mozilla firefox 4 beta to join and exit the html 5 beta.
a_user Wrote:@HenrikDK: thx for your reply. i will do so when i'm home again.

do i need additionally to activate also the debug mode of xbmc itself, despite of the setting you mentioned in the addon settings?

p.s. i used the latest mozilla firefox 4 beta to join and exit the html 5 beta.

Hi, you only need to activate the plugin's debug mode.

Im running firefox 4 beta 7 myself, but i can't seem to find any videos that don't open up in flash.. som I'm wondering if any other profile settings are messing with my testing setup. Oo
Major changes in 1.9.4:

Moved some folder to Explore YouTube to clean up the interface.
Vast improvement in video request speed for everything under the "Explore YouTube" folder

http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/downloads

Changelog:
- Restructured main folder structure to seperate scraper functions and feeds from user specific functions
- Changed download function to use Temporary filename while downloading, marking download as incomplete ex. video-incomplete.mp4 -> video.mp4
- Added Scraper for YouTube Movies
- Added icon for YouTube Movies
- Updated icon for YouTube Trailers
- Fixed Browse YouTube scraper (broken due to bad regex)
- Switched to Thumbnail mode for tv show icons, cause it looks better
- Batch processing functions now running against the official youtube API
- Fixed Disco search (again) as YouTube broke it (again)... x2

Known Bugs:
It is currently not possible to remove favorites due to the YouTube api giving us the wrong id.
I haven't read all 37 pages so i'm just going to post my issue. I can't login to my youtube account within xbmc. I tried 2 seperate accounts, both plugins, and updated to Dharma beta 4. Here is my log.
http://pastebin.com/8ZPvSBEZ
WannaSpeedCom Wrote:I haven't read all 37 pages so i'm just going to post my issue. I can't login to my youtube account within xbmc. I tried 2 seperate accounts, both plugins, and updated to Dharma beta 4. Here is my log.
http://pastebin.com/8ZPvSBEZ

You're getting the following error in the log:
Code:
19:30:04 T:3880 M:3163914240  NOTICE: YouTube-1.9.4 ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.video.youtube.beta/', '0', '']
19:30:04 T:3880 M:3163738112   ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load special://xbmc/system/python/DLLs\_ssl.pyd (5)
19:30:04 T:3880 M:3163738112   ERROR: LoadLibrary('_ssl.pyd') failed

ERROR: YouTubeCore::login (98) - <urlopen error unknown url type: https>

Are you using a special xbmc distrobution? cause the error from your logs is the same that was reported a few pages back (with openelec.tv), and should have been fixed by the team. Basically your xbmc distribution is missing SSL support which is needed to login to youtube. If this is a problem with standard xbmc then please file a bug report on the trac so the team can fix it Smile
Is it working on an Xbox with XBMC?

getting following on suggested XBMC Build for Xbox:

22:02:54 M: 32870400 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
22:02:54 M: 32436224 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
22:02:54 M: 32423936 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named xbmcaddon
22:02:54 M: 32358400 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\scripts\plugin.video.youtube.beta\default.py", line 19, in ?
import sys, xbmc, xbmcaddon
ImportError: No module named xbmcaddon
Master_Nick Wrote:Is it working on an Xbox with XBMC?

getting following on suggested XBMC Build for Xbox:

22:02:54 M: 32870400 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
22:02:54 M: 32436224 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
22:02:54 M: 32423936 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named xbmcaddon
22:02:54 M: 32358400 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\scripts\plugin.video.youtube.beta\default.py", line 19, in ?
import sys, xbmc, xbmcaddon
ImportError: No module named xbmcaddon

Sadly no, since none of us devs have an xbox for testing, but if you read the thread there was one version ported to xbox earlier, we did offer to host a release if someone would patch it, but no one ever stepped up to the plate Confused
OH ok thats sad... Wink thanks anyway
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28