• 29(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
gott_sei_dank Wrote:Thanks for the reply HenrikDK, on a different matter is it fair to say that you need an account @YouTube to get the most from this plugin, the reason I ask is the login credentials would be the same for my main Google Account, not that i don't trust you or anything Tongue

Most of the plugin will work out without credentials, but if you want to view your playlists, favorites and channel subscriptions you will need to enter login credentials, and also if you want to view age restricted videos. But the Explore youtube section and the searching part of the plugin should be usable without login credentials.

----- EDIT ----

Forgot to mention that you can unlink your youtube and google account just login to youtube and from the drop down in the top right corner choose account -> manage account -> Unlink YouTube and Google Accounts
Hi All

I am having a problem with youtube plugin (version in repo and beta alike). When I am browsing videos, view is always changed from big icons to fanart wrap, which is extremely inconvinient for video thumbs. Skin is back row. Is there a solution?

Cheers
V
Vultures Wrote:Hi All

I am having a problem with youtube plugin (version in repo and beta alike). When I am browsing videos, view is always changed from big icons to fanart wrap, which is extremely inconvinient for video thumbs. Skin is back row. Is there a solution?

Cheers
V

Under settings - > advanced settings
disable "set thumbnails view for videos in confluence"

That is to say that this feature only works in confluence as view mode id's are different from skin to skin. If you're using another skin than confluence you will probably experience the plugin switching to an unhelpfull view which is probably the case here.
Hi Henrik

It didn't help. I can change the view to big icons in the directory, but when I go up one level and return to given directory, big icons view appears for 0,5 sec, and then it changes back to fanart wrap...
Vultures Wrote:Hi Henrik

It didn't help. I can change the view to big icons in the directory, but when I go up one level and return to given directory, big icons view appears for 0,5 sec, and then it changes back to fanart wrap...

Hmm that should've worked, unfortunatly theres no logging on this aspect right now, but i will include some in the next version, hopefully we might fix it.
Tnx. Should I bother the skin developer with this issue?
Vultures Wrote:Tnx. Should I bother the skin developer with this issue?

Nope this is an issue with the way we try to control the skin, but a quick fix if you are up for it would be to delete the lines with:

Code:
        if (video_view):
            xbmc.executebuiltin("Container.SetViewMode(500)")

In YouTubeNavigation.py (should only be 2 places), that should disable any thing the plugin does with view modes. If that doesn't help then maybe there's something going on with the skin.
It worked! Thanks again!
Hi Henrik

Do you have any plans to support leanback service? In short it's smth like last.fm for videos: http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2010/...tless.html
It's up and running already:
http://www.youtube.com/leanback

Cheers
V
UPD: Actually leanback is a simple "play all search results in sequence" feature, which is quite good by itself. Youtube last.fm is called Personalised channels, and from what I can see, it rocks. For now available for android only. Here's the link:
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010...ed-channel
Vultures Wrote:Hi Henrik

Do you have any plans to support leanback service? In short it's smth like last.fm for videos: http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2010/...tless.html
It's up and running already:
http://www.youtube.com/leanback

Cheers
V
UPD: Actually leanback is a simple "play all search results in sequence" feature, which is quite good by itself. Youtube last.fm is called Personalised channels, and from what I can see, it rocks. For now available for android only. Here's the link:
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010...ed-channel

What part of the lean back service are we talking about here? As far as i can see it's mostly built on an internal and private google api which I'm not that fond of using.

The interface aspect is very nice would be something of a pain to bring to xbmc in "plugin" form, since it would require extensively modified window xml code that wouldn't really be skin agnostic.

So i guess im asking, what part are you missing?

/HernikDK Smile
i would like the interface part. the internal api behaviour seems irrelavant to me.
HenrikDK Wrote:So i guess im asking, what part are you missing?
/HernikDK Smile

Playing all search results in a row "hands off" with the ability to switch would be nice. But what really rocks is the personalized channels thing:

Quote:The search giant is calling its new feature "Personalised Channels" and rolling it out as part of YouTube's " Leanback" service, a quasi-TV experience complete with pre-curated channels like "comedy" and "gaming," and a "remote control" via Android smart phones.

With the personalisation, you will be able to create a never-ending video stream based on keywords that you provide, and on your viewing history. Your channels get better over time, the company promises.

Users of Pandora and similar cloud-based music services will be familiar with the concept: You name an artist and you get a "station" playing that act's tracks as well as those which the algorithm deems is in a similar genre. And, like streaming audio stations, you can vote up and down specific video streams to try to exclude types of content from bubbling up downstream.
i ahve a very simple question. once i queue a couple of videos how do i go to my queue list. i cant seem to find the place to play/arrange my queue once i add to queue.
nmirza Wrote:i ahve a very simple question. once i queue a couple of videos how do i go to my queue list. i cant seem to find the place to play/arrange my queue once i add to queue.

This depends on your keymaps file, as that specifies the key on your remote which brings up the playlist.
Not sure if the issues I've described below are plugin issues or xbmc or skin issues but thought I'd put them here invade they are plugin issues. Btw love the plugin it's the only one I use.

I'm using the newest rapier qualar 4.4 version with dharma rc2.

- when I go to change plugin settings the popup box is transparent and thus not very readable as the background text comes through.

- when I go to a specific subscription I get an icon list of videos. No matter how many times I change this from icon to list view if I back out of my feed list for the user and go back in it has reverted back to icons.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28