• 37(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
Also is there any way that the api supports marking watched videos, for instance when you watch a video through the plugin right now it doesn't register on youtube that you have watched it. This could also be useful for subscriptions, because after watching the list depreciates. That being said, it would probably be wise to mark as watched after say 95% of clip complete.
The "more videos by" user feature also requires you to be logged in, which according to the docs, it shouldn't. Both the related videos and this stem from core.list() requiring being logged in, but listUserFolderFeeds() for the "more videos by" feature also requires being logged in.
Hey guys new user here. Finished building my first HTPC last week and still getting up to speed with XBMC. Hopefully the below question hasn't already been asked. If it has please point me in the right direction.

I have Youtube as a video source and everything plays fine however is there any kind of script that I could install that would enable the option to allow for randomly selecting and/or continuously playing back videos? It would be nice if I didn't have to select each video individually or have to manually queue them up.

For example I would like to be able to access Youtube, select a category of videos to watch, lets say Youtube Disco, and have XBMC play back all of the videos either sequentially or at random.

Note: I don't really like the concept of creating a playlist either since this content may actually change, i.e, Top Videos or Top Artists

Thanks in advance

I'm using XBMC 10 Dharma on Win 7 x64
The youtube plugin refuses to work with some versions of Python because of
a small issue. Apparently urllib2.Request now requires header values to be
strings, and wont convert them automatically. So this line in _fetchPage:

Code:
request.add_header('GData-Version', 2)

needs to be:

Code:
request.add_header('GData-Version', "2")

After that quick hack it starts working here. Thanks for a great addon! Smile

(Python 2.7 here, but it might be affecting older versions as well)
How are you running Python 2.7?

Have it been upgraded in svn yet?

Since changing to string doesn't break with older versions i have updated it in our svn.
--enable-external-python Smile
Hi all,

As my name suggests, I'm in China where Youtube (among others) is blocked. I usually use an SSH tunnel to proxy streaming media, but sometimes it can be a bit slow. The Youtube plugin (among others, like Vimeo) are timing out (officially "uncaught error" but I'm fairly certain this is a latency issue). The Youtube plugin has a maximum timeout period of 5 seconds, and the settings.xml file gives this as the maximum possible. Is there any way to increase it to, say, 30 seconds? Not an experienced python coder here so not sure how to proceed. Of course the other option would be to shell out for faster broadband - that is also on the to-do list, but if I can hack the script to increase timeout then I can at least verify that this IS a proxy speed issue and not something else.

I'd post my logs but I'm not sitting in front of my xbmc box right now. Will do so later.
ChinaXBMCer Wrote:Hi all,

As my name suggests, I'm in China where Youtube (among others) is blocked. I usually use an SSH tunnel to proxy streaming media, but sometimes it can be a bit slow. The Youtube plugin (among others, like Vimeo) are timing out (officially "uncaught error" but I'm fairly certain this is a latency issue). The Youtube plugin has a maximum timeout period of 5 seconds, and the settings.xml file gives this as the maximum possible. Is there any way to increase it to, say, 30 seconds? Not an experienced python coder here so not sure how to proceed. Of course the other option would be to shell out for faster broadband - that is also on the to-do list, but if I can hack the script to increase timeout then I can at least verify that this IS a proxy speed issue and not something else.

I'd post my logs but I'm not sitting in front of my xbmc box right now. Will do so later.

The timeout is disabled(because of issues on windows). So that option is totally 100% ignored and has no effect.
Never got a response to my requests. i apologize for requesting again but could the dev let me know if these suggestions make sense and thoughts of them.

nmirza Wrote:Requests:

1- Any chance you could move the Queue video button to the very top of the list, so when you bring up the contexual menu its easy to access.
i find that from that whole list, queue is the most commonly used feature (atleast for me, and id assume for alot of other people out there) so if you're queing a bunch of videos it gets annoying to bring up the menu and then go to queue constantly (it used to be second last on the list, now it seems its moving to the middle of the list with new features added).

2-with subscriptions, when the individual uploads the file, they generally start with the first video, then second, third and so on. when you bring up the susbcription though the videos are listed in the opposite order (i.e. last uploaded is first). in order for me to queue multi part videos in correct sequence, i have to go to the first one, queue, the highlight moves one step down, i then have to press up up, queue, up up, queue....
Any chance to be able to add a menu item to sort the screen in opposite order making this simpler?

A question:
I use the non default skin, would the skin have to be edited by creator to allow for the newer menu options or is the skin design process such that its versatile and doesnt have to be updated to allow for additional context items?
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:The timeout is disabled(because of issues on windows). So that option is totally 100% ignored and has no effect.

I should clarify that I'm running XBMC on Ubuntu, though it sounds like its disabled there as well.

To be more specific, the plugin reports that it logs in to Youtube successfully, but then gives an uncaught error if I select any of the menu options like "My Favorites" and I get a blank directory if I choose "Browse Youtube."

Just tried again, here's the full log:

http://pastebin.com/9GWdVnga

EDIT: Another log with debugging enabled

http://pastebin.com/En1p3UZm

EDIT #2: Problem solved using proxychains. I was slow to realize XBMC doesn't support SOCKS5. Thanks for the help Tobias, love the plugin!
Hello Guys,

I am new to the xbmc community and I just recently installed XBMC Live on my old computer.

After hours of struggling with the HDMI audio output (I had the same problem which has been mentioned in many threads regarding the HDMI output on NVIDIA G210 cards), I finally got it to work.

Everything runs just fine now, there's just one Problem:

When I watch Youtube Videos (via the YouTube Addon), my audio has some strange tingling, high-pitched sound to it. This appears only in YouTube Videos, other Internet Streaming Videos are working fine and normal Movies do so as well.

One thing to note here is that I had to deactivate DTS and AC3 Support in the audio options, otherwise I did get strange annoying loud noise and no sound at all.

My Hardware:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Gigabyte Mainboard
2GB DDR2 RAM
ASUS EN210 Silent

I'm running on XBMC Live 10 (Dharma I guess) and have the latest ALSA / NVIDIA Drivers installed.

Anyone got any ideas?

Greetings
Seems like I was happy too early.

Just started XBMC again and the sound is gone. It's absolutely silent everywhere. I don't understand this, it worked just before and all the settings stayed the same... this is really frustrating.

Only thing I get is that distorted noise when I set everything to plughw:0,3 (which is the only device displayed for me with aplay -l) but even that dont happen everytime

sigh..

okay i followed this guide: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74778
its either noise or nothing now if I turn off AC3/DTS
Some bugs that still bug me and I would like to report:

1. skip forward/backward while watching the videos it takes a long time to do it and often it stops forever. Skipping with Youtube's flash player in their website it is very fast, you can arbitrarily skip to any time within the video and it does it almost instantly. So I feel that this should be possible to make it work the same way with the plugin.
2. Sometimes when browsing the search results and clicking "More results" it popups up the Search Prompt with the virtual keyboard instead of displaying the next page of the results. If I press back to close the search prompt it doesn't do anything whereas if I press Done (so it "searches") it moves on to the next page of the results.

Again thanks Henrik for your great plugin!
Okay, now I switched to hdmi/hdmi as audio output/pathtrugh with AC3/DTS both disabled and the audio works again like before. Youtube Videos still have that strange noise tho.

I don't understand whats going on. The only thing i changed is in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-basic.conf options snd-hda-intel to options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 (although it says it should not need any options at all in the wiki here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...,_or_GT240 )

At this point, I don't even mind the Youtube sound being all noisy. I just pray it will stay like this this time. This is really frustrating me.

The noise is also present when playing music. Very annoying.
Nektarios Wrote:1. skip forward/backward while watching the videos it takes a long time to do it and often it stops forever. Skipping with Youtube's flash player in their website it is very fast, you can arbitrarily skip to any time within the video and it does it almost instantly. So I feel that this should be possible to make it work the same way with the plugin.
This is still a bug with xbmc's player core and affects all video plugins and playback of webstreams in general. Theres not really anything we can do about it, I suggest you create a trac ticket about it so that Team XBMC can fix it.

Nektarios Wrote:2. Sometimes when browsing the search results and clicking "More results" it popups up the Search Prompt with the virtual keyboard instead of displaying the next page of the results. If I press back to close the search prompt it doesn't do anything whereas if I press Done (so it "searches") it moves on to the next page of the results.
Now that seems wrong, I will look into it Smile
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28