• 38(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
I love the YouTube plugin, use it daily. I run xbmc on a win7 PC, there are sometimes when it is better for me to still use YouTube in a web-browser, but 1 thing I will say is I love and appreciate the way xbmc shows the vids without the annoying advert overlays! Nod

If you press keyboard I on a video, you get the author details, duration. But would it be possible to add the DATE ADDED info? I know asking for the ability to post comments is quite an ask! (tho it would make it such a complete YouTube experience!!) ;-) but maybe I can mod the plugin somehow to let it show the upload date of the video?
Using Dharma, the Youtube plugin seems to ignore the aspect ratio defined in the video calibration. The result is that my Youtube video are very streched.

The video calibration for my TV makes the pixel aspect ratio at 1.33 (typical for a 1024x768 resolution on a 16:9 AR).

Anyone else saw this?

-Patrick
This Plugin works almost great for me. Only thing that keeps bugin' me, is YouTub Disco.
Each time i'm tryin' to watch a video, i'll get an error saying "Playback failed. HTTP Error 404: Not found".
As i'm writing from Germany my first guess was that these contents my be restricted to US users only. This obviously isn't that wrong, as i cant watch those videos in firefox, too.
So i tried using an us-proxy, which worked quite fine in firefox. On the other hand in xbmc the error kept occuring Sad
Any ideas appreciated how i can solve this behaviour!

philipp
liquidoa Wrote:Seems like I was happy too early.

Just started XBMC again and the sound is gone. It's absolutely silent everywhere. I don't understand this, it worked just before and all the settings stayed the same... this is really frustrating.

Only thing I get is that distorted noise when I set everything to plughw:0,3 (which is the only device displayed for me with aplay -l) but even that dont happen everytime

sigh..

okay i followed this guide: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74778
its either noise or nothing now if I turn off AC3/DTS

I'm sorry, but this is the wrong thread for such problems, we don't control the video format youtube sends to xbmc so i would describe this as a playback problem, try the linux help and support forums here: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=52
PantsOnFire Wrote:I love the YouTube plugin, use it daily. I run xbmc on a win7 PC, there are sometimes when it is better for me to still use YouTube in a web-browser, but 1 thing I will say is I love and appreciate the way xbmc shows the vids without the annoying advert overlays! Nod

If you press keyboard I on a video, you get the author details, duration. But would it be possible to add the DATE ADDED info? I know asking for the ability to post comments is quite an ask! (tho it would make it such a complete YouTube experience!!) ;-) but maybe I can mod the plugin somehow to let it show the upload date of the video?

The upload date should already be visible in the info dialog as part of the descriptions, xbmc's doesn't have a specific place for this info so we included it as the first line of the description instead.
eistee Wrote:This Plugin works almost great for me. Only thing that keeps bugin' me, is YouTub Disco.
Each time i'm tryin' to watch a video, i'll get an error saying "Playback failed. HTTP Error 404: Not found".
As i'm writing from Germany my first guess was that these contents my be restricted to US users only. This obviously isn't that wrong, as i cant watch those videos in firefox, too.
So i tried using an us-proxy, which worked quite fine in firefox. On the other hand in xbmc the error kept occuring Sad
Any ideas appreciated how i can solve this behaviour!

philipp

Hmm videos that you can't see shouldn't be showing up as we try to filter such items out.

With regards to your proxy problem try using proxychains as it seemed to help ChinaXBMCer:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=681...tcount=550
patrickd Wrote:Using Dharma, the Youtube plugin seems to ignore the aspect ratio defined in the video calibration. The result is that my Youtube video are very streched.

The video calibration for my TV makes the pixel aspect ratio at 1.33 (typical for a 1024x768 resolution on a 16:9 AR).

Anyone else saw this?

-Patrick

Hi Patrick, this would seem to be an xbmc issue as the plugin doesn't control video playback it just servers up an url. Please post in the general support forums about the problem, or create a trac. Wink
Sorry if i missed this one, here we go Smile:

nmirza Wrote:Requests:
1- Any chance you could move the Queue video button to the very top of the list, so when you bring up the contexual menu its easy to access.
i find that from that whole list, queue is the most commonly used feature (atleast for me, and id assume for alot of other people out there) so if you're queing a bunch of videos it gets annoying to bring up the menu and then go to queue constantly (it used to be second last on the list, now it seems its moving to the middle of the list with new features added).
I'm not very fond of doing this for several reasons, the queue button is an internal xbmc function that can also be found on your remote (usually by pressing the '0' key) and i like to prioritize plugin specific features. Secondly we have limited space on the context menu and when we run out of space (pr video quality selection being the perfect example) I'd rather loose some of the more unimportant options that are available elsewhere than something youtube specific. So for those reasons yes you could do it, but no we won't (at least until xbmc fixes the context menu overflow problem or allows us to make our own additional context menus like described in this trac: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10963 ) Smile

nmirza Wrote:2-with subscriptions, when the individual uploads the file, they generally start with the first video, then second, third and so on. when you bring up the susbcription thought the videos are listed in the opposite order (i.e. last uploaded is first). in order for me to queue multi part videos in correct sequence, i have to go to the first one, queue, the highlight moves one step down, i then have to press up up, queue, up up, queue....
Any chance to be able to add a menu item to sort the screen in opposite order making this simpler?
YouTube has historically been notoriously bad at honoring the "sort by" parameter, but i will look into it Wink

nmirza Wrote:A question:
I use the non default skin, would the skin have to be edited by creator to allow for the newer menu options or is the skin design process such that its versatile and doesnt have to be updated to allow for additional context items?
The context menu items are controlled from within the plugin and usually doens't require any coding by the skinner.
Drir Wrote:Also is there any way that the api supports marking watched videos, for instance when you watch a video through the plugin right now it doesn't register on youtube that you have watched it. This could also be useful for subscriptions, because after watching the list depreciates. That being said, it would probably be wise to mark as watched after say 95% of clip complete.

There is an api for this but the problem with it is that we have no way of knowing wether a user watched a video to it's end or just canceled playback, so in every case we would mark the video as watched without knowing whether that's actually true. For that reason im not fond of implementing what would at best be a broken feature :/ (I can already imagine the hordes of new forum posts complaining that it doesn't work right).
kreach Wrote:The "more videos by" user feature also requires you to be logged in, which according to the docs, it shouldn't. Both the related videos and this stem from core.list() requiring being logged in, but listUserFolderFeeds() for the "more videos by" feature also requires being logged in.

This would be a bug, As i understand it this significantly reduces the usefullnes of the plugin when you're not logged in so it would seem to be a rather pressing issue. At the same time the modifications needed to fix this would probably be rather large so I'm not quite sure if we can push a quick fix to the repo as fast as some would like, but I'll look in to it Smile
HenrikDK Wrote:The upload date should already be visible in the info dialog as part of the descriptions, xbmc's doesn't have a specific place for this info so we included it as the first line of the description instead.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I tried various videos, but I couldn't find the upload date on them. It might be to do with my xbmc build? (mine is pre the 10.0 release). However I do use the latest version of the plugin. I'm using the default skin, Confluence. I do love the plugin by the way, it's really something! cheers!

HenrikDK Wrote:This would be a bug, As i understand it this significantly reduces the usefullnes of the plugin when you're not logged in so it would seem to be a rather pressing issue. At the same time the modifications needed to fix this would probably be rather large so I'm not quite sure if we can push a quick fix to the repo as fast as some would like, but I'll look in to it Smile
No problem, everything else works great, so thanks for the addon.
PantsOnFire Wrote:Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I tried various videos, but I couldn't find the upload date on them. It might be to do with my xbmc build? (mine is pre the 10.0 release). However I do use the latest version of the plugin. I'm using the default skin, Confluence. I do love the plugin by the way, it's really something! cheers!

Something tells me that you're not using the latest version Big Grin (V2.0.0 is in the official repo), please update to the latest stable XBMC and check that your plugin is up to date Smile

http://pastebin.com/BPKBsZTN

Can log in with no problems, can see feeds and thumbnails on list of videos, but selecting any video just shows 'opening stream' then nothing. Can't work out why! Any advice guys?
fdrzrich Wrote:http://pastebin.com/BPKBsZTN

Can log in with no problems, can see feeds and thumbnails on list of videos, but selecting any video just shows 'opening stream' then nothing. Can't work out why! Any advice guys?

Seems that you've set up xbmc to use an external player

Code:
[b]NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename[/b]: /usr/bin/vlc
WARNING: ExternalPlayer: invalid value for warpcursor: none
NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (true), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (none)
NOTICE: OpenFile: http://v13.lscache8.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?ip=90.0.0.0&sparams=id,expire,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass&fexp=908510&itag=22&ipbits=8&sver=3&ratebypass=yes&expire=1294858800&key=yt1&signature=BDA703C9F7F674F95F60FE01405FD71FA1602B5C.0AA68B8DB157CCC4A12EC0E761AAB4B3C98BF6F6&id=20670f11f61487c1 | Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8

This is unsupported and wont be supported since there are too many problems trouble shooting the many different configurations people may have Smile
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28