• 58(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
pike Wrote:I see this here

uhm that url gives different results for different accounts which is why I asked for a description (or a dump of the resulting html).
It asks me to verify that I am indeed over 18 in order to view the video, want a screenshot ?

It's a button and next to it I can cancel
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well, it seems youtube is migrating their movies slowly over to the new handshake 9 rtmp format. Many sites (Hulu, MTVN, cbs, etc..) have moved to this new handshake. Won't be long before youtube movies will not be available. Hope the guys/gals over at rtmpdump can find a solution soon.

Although, I do have advanced launcher installed launching FF and I can go to any sites and play whatever I want. Maybe a plugin hack launching FF in fullscreen taking you to whatever you selected. (Movies/full feature/Sci-Fi, music videos, videos, etc.)

As for the 18yr stuff, I ran into that problem. Seems youtube is requiring a link to a google email (I had a yahoo email intially)l. I had to sign up for a gmail account and link it to my youtube account (WHich was setup with my yahoo email account), but then in your xbmc video add-ons you need to change your userid and password to the new google account id and passwd. I think!
Is the Download Video working?

It pops up that the download is starting, creates the folder then just drops off.

snippet from log:
16:43:19 T:2248145776 M:733691904 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:43:19 T:2248145776 M:733691904 NOTICE: YouTube-2.0.3
16:43:23 T:2248145776 M:731209728 NOTICE: plot updated
16:43:26 T:2248145776 M:730107904 NOTICE: YouTube-2.0.3 construct_video_url: stream_map : False
speed32219 Wrote:Is the Download Video working?

It pops up that the download is starting, creates the folder then just drops off.

snippet from log:
16:43:19 T:2248145776 M:733691904 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:43:19 T:2248145776 M:733691904 NOTICE: YouTube-2.0.3
16:43:23 T:2248145776 M:731209728 NOTICE: plot updated
16:43:26 T:2248145776 M:730107904 NOTICE: YouTube-2.0.3 construct_video_url: stream_map : False

Yes the download code should still work, ofcourse doesnt work on rtmp streams. As for the launch browser thing, it's an interesting idea but not something I want to work towards (patches are welcome though)..
pike Wrote:It asks me to verify that I am indeed over 18 in order to view the video, want a screenshot ?

Hmm wierd, obviously the login and verification process is failing for some reason but our debug logs aren't enough to work out why, this problem is hard to debug since, in my experience, after the first time you verify you're 18 YouTube remembers (or atleast it does if you're using a google account, it would ).

Also this:
speed32219 Wrote:Seems youtube is requiring a link to a google email (I had a yahoo email intially)l. I had to sign up for a gmail account and link it to my youtube account (WHich was setup with my yahoo email account), but then in your xbmc video add-ons you need to change your userid and password to the new google account id and passwd. I think!
would seem to indicate not all youtube accounts are created equal and this issue i suspect is further complicating matters.

It's gonna be a while before we can get to the end of this.
pike Wrote:It asks me to verify that I am indeed over 18 in order to view the video, want a screenshot ?

we have finally been able to verify this problem. I'm not entirely sure what is going on right now, our best guess is that google has changed what cookies they are requiring.

We tried to confirm with curl, but that doesn't work either. And google doesn't give us any error messages at all.

PHP Code:
curl -"LOGIN_INFO=edab65c4f02386d2954a1b2acdbba7e8c3YAAAB7IjEiOiAxLCAiMyI6IDYzMjc2MzE2MywgIjIiOiAib2hteWduaHZDTGU5elptRFV6d0dTQT09IiwgIjQiOiAiR0FJQSIsICI3IjogMTMwNDExOTM5NywgIjYiOiBmYWxzZSwgIjgiOiA5MzY2MjI2NjQ5Nzl9" "http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DMaBjiMu770Y%26safeSearch%3Dnone%26hl%3Den_us&action_confirm=1"
curl: (52) Empty reply from server 

What we get from python is even more useless than this reply.

I have an idea or two i'm going to test out, but for now i really don't feel comfortable giving a timeframe for when this can be solved. I will try a few things on the morrow, and if i get anything usable i'll post an alpha-beta.

As a work around, for me at least, once i have confirmed my age(just once) in my browser, i never have to confirm it again. This is not how i remember YouTube operating half a year ago, but in the last month i haven't seen an age request once.
Currently I login your script using my google login, but my www. session is logged in using the youtube account. Do you want me to leave this intact so I can test future changes, or try and also login the www. using google login ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pike Wrote:Currently I login your script using my google login, but my www. session is logged in using the youtube account. Do you want me to leave this intact so I can test future changes, or try and also login the www. using google login ?

It would be nice if we could get confirmation from you once we find a solution.

My first and second attempt already failed(Cookie jar, and manual cookies in curl). I'm kinda at a loss here, mostly because i get nothing back from google.
Just wanted to provide an update on the non-working age verification situation, After Tobias hard work, I wen't back to the drawing board and started examining the trafic with live headers. Seems YouTube added a Cross-site scripting token to their site, probably to prevent this kinda of automation. I've managed to get a working prototype up and running but it will be a few days before we can get the code ready for beta testing.
HenrikDK Wrote:Just wanted to provide an update on the non-working age verification situation.

i was just coming to ask about this Smile keep up the good work!

thanx
The quick way is to login into youtube from a browser. Then select an R rated movie (youtube movies, horror, blood dancers is a R). It iwll ask you to login to verify your age, but then it will pop up another window saying you need an account with google. (gmail)

You either create or sign in your account with gmail and link it back to youtube (Just follow prompts). Add new user and password from the newly created gmail account in the YouTube plugin within xbmc and your good to go. Now YouTube from the video addons will work without the 18+ error from now on until they change it again.

But that dang nasty rtmp 9 protocol is growing like a virus. Eating away at the movie DB.
'other videos by foo' in context menu seems to be horribly borken. i miss it.
speed32219 Wrote:It will ask you to login to verify your age, but then it will pop up another window saying you need an account with google. (gmail)

You either create or sign in your account with gmail and link it back to youtube (Just follow prompts). Add new user and password from the newly created gmail account in the YouTube plugin within xbmc and your good to go.

Just wanted to comment on the login process as Google has rolled out an update changing the requirements for Youtube login credentials. Seems YouTube has begun limiting access to users with Google accounts only. :
http://apiblog.youtube.com/2011/03/clien...-fail.html

Quote:As was recently announced on the main YouTube blog, all YouTube accounts must be linked to a Google Account or else logins will start fail—the current plan is to disable logins for unlinked accounts towards the end of April. The only workaround is to have your users link their YouTube account to a Google Account. If they login from a web browser, either at http://www.youtube.com or using AuthSub/OAuth, they’ll be taken through the steps to link accounts.

If you've recently been experience problems with login and haven't got a linked account yet that is the problem, head over to YouTube to link your accounts.

We understand that some users might be hesitant to pass on their google account credentials to the plug-in (paranoia is healthy Smile), and for these users we suggest switching to Googles "2 factor" authentication scheme and generating an application specific password for the plug-in. Note that once you enable 2 factor authentication you will need to generate an application specific password for the plugin to work again.
spiff Wrote:'other videos by foo' in context menu seems to be horribly borken. i miss it.

Will look into it Smile
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28