• 85(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
The latest stable plugin should play 4oD and demand5 with no problems.

Does the ATV build come with librtmp 2.4? Prior versions will NOT work.

If you are running with librtmp 2.4, then pop me a debug log

locomot1f Wrote:not on ATV 2.

not until they (someone) updates the librtmp to allow for the newer versions of Flash. (sic)

keeping fingers crossed. but doesn't seem to be top priority....

Looks like you have to wait.
I also find that 4oD and 5 Demand will not play. I'm running Dharma on Vista and Win7

Log file here
mike-1 Wrote:I also find that 4oD and 5 Demand will not play. I'm running Dharma on Vista and Win7

Log file here

Dharma doesn't have librtmp 2.4.

Eden-pre does though.

And your log has no debug(neither from plugin nor from XBMC).

But, it doesn't really matter. You need eden-pre for 4oD and demand5 to work.

The situation may be different for ATV and iPhone, i don't know. But for mac and windows it needs to be eden-pre. (For linux it just uses whatever is installed, so XBMC version doesn't matter).
I can not play video "30 Seconds To Mars - Kings and Queens"

Here is log http://pastebin.ca/2078042
You are using version 2.0.5, Version 2.1.0 fixes the problems you are having.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:You are using version 2.0.5, Version 2.1.0 fixes the problems you are having.

I have version 2.1.0
Hm, yes, 2.1.0 does report as 2.0.5 in the log(i forgot that).

Could you enable Debug in the plugin, and restart xbmc, and then retry(and send me the new log)
I disable Youtube since it never worked for me and it keep enable itself, So how do I get youtube to work or disable it for good?
WildBill Wrote:I disable Youtube since it never worked for me and it keep enable itself, So how do I get youtube to work or disable it for good?

YouTube is required by the scrapers that come in the default install of xbmc, my guess is that it would be this that is causing the plugin to be re-enabled. Not really sure how to solve that one.
----------- EDIT -------------
Sorry didn't read your message closely at first didnt see you we're asking for help getting it working Smile In that case we need a debug log to discern whats going wrong. Heres a guide on how to create a good one:

http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/wik...llDebugLog
Hi all,

My youtube plugin has playback issue recently in both stable and pre-eden versions.
Basically, I still able to browse videos, see thumbnail, it doesn't play the video whenever I click/press onto the thumbnail.

I read the log, it seems to have some issue with video stream. Although Plex and Boxee still work, I love to use XBMC for my home media.

Logs details is here
http://pastebin.com/twzxJyfn

Please help!!!!

Tons of thanks,

Luke
When looking at a list of subscribed channels, is it possible to make the list alphabetical order? It would make things smarter, easier and in line with the rest of xbmc listview file listings.
Is there any way to add a feature in the Youtube add on so that after doing a search, the results are alphabetized? I often use Youtube for watching episodes, and many episodes are split up into multiple parts. It kinda sucks when I do a search and multi part episodes are listed on different pages. Would be nice if after doing a search on Youtube, the results are alphabetized so that the multi part episodes are listed together.

Perhaps I need to ask the author of the Youtube add on about this? If so, how would I reach them?
I recently had to change my google account password due to a suspected security breach, and I believe that I have found a bug.

My current password has a space in it, which works fine for logging in through a browser, but not so much with this plugin.

When I enter in my username (full gmail address) and password then run the script, i get a dialog that says loading youtube, then xbmc notifies me that the script has failed. Here is the relevant portion:

Code:
23:25:57 T:5500   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
23:25:57 T:5500   ERROR: Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
23:25:57 T:5500   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 66, in <module>
                                                __login__.login()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 74, in login
                                                (result, status) = self._apiLogin()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 133, in _apiLogin
                                                oauth = json.loads(ret["content"])
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 307, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 319, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 338, in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
23:25:57 T:2780   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
23:25:57 T:2780   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
23:25:57 T:2816 WARNING: XFILE::CFactoryDirectory::Create - Unsupported protocol(script) in script://

Thanks!
@feerlessleadr

If you are using the nightly builds installing version 2.6.2 from http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/downloads/list solved the problem for me.
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28