• 89(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
HenrikDK Wrote:Hi haywire, it's a missing dependency in our addon.xml file, it should only happen if you're running nightlies. In that case you can download the latest version 2.6.3 from our website or if you're more patient you can wait until the pull request we've submitted goes through.

Thanks for the reply, I am running 2.6.3 and receiving that error.
@HenrikDK

Fanart seams to be missing from a addon folder in 2.6.3. (maybe I messed something on my side).

Suggestion if I may - as explained by JezzX here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=886679 addon should set fanart for the list itself so can be visible in nested folders as well.

Can it be added, please?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

on our request there's no fanart for youtube.

multiply the size of the fanart picture by more than half a million clients (everybody has youtube). adds up to tons and tons of rather unnecessary traffic.
spiff Wrote:on our request there's no fanart for youtube.

multiply the size of the fanart picture by more than half a million clients (everybody has youtube). adds up to tons and tons of rather unnecessary traffic.

I understand.

A suggestion if I may - IMO, it would be better to rather drop non-video addon fanart altogether. It makes sense to have it video addons.

EDIT: And if devs happen to change their mind, lowering resolution to 1280 and using slight JPEG compression results in aprox 155KB (one third) fanart file.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

haywire Wrote:Thanks for the reply, I am running 2.6.3 and receiving that error.
Same error here with the latest and greatest 2.6.3 version

Edit: seems like there are some old references to json. There are also errors about missing xbmcvfs. I've changed three files:
YouTubeCore.py: changed "json" to "simplejson as json"
YouTubePlayer.py and : changed "json" to "simplejson as json". Also removed all references to xbmcvfs
YouTubeDownloader.py: removed all references to xbmcvfs

After these change 2.6.3 works perfectly.
NathanK Wrote:Do I need to log in from the same machine. My XBMC is a basic Linux install with no desktop/browser. So I'm logging in from a different machine on my network.

Shouldn't matter*, but if it fails, try using the same machine.

*Then again, it shouldn't fail for you at all.
WWWilco Wrote:Same error here with the latest and greatest 2.6.3 version

Edit: seems like there are some old references to json. There are also errors about missing xbmcvfs. I've changed three files:
YouTubePlayer.py and : changed "json" to "simplejson as json". Also removed all references to xbmcvfs

Are you using 2.6.3 on Dharma?

These problems shouldn't exist in eden-pre.
Using xbmc 10.1 on arch linux
That explains it.

Do note that future beta versions may bring new breakage, the beta version is aimed at eden, not at dharma.
Ok, that's clear.

The reason I tried the new beta package is because I get lots of lockups, about one every day. The screen stops when I go up a categorie, search for something or try to play a video. It hangs on "Loading 80%". There is no debug/error/warning from the plugin or xbmc, not even when I enable debugging on both so I don't get a crashlog. This happens with all versions of the plugin. I'm not sure if this is caused by xbmc or the youtube plugin.

The only solution is to kill xbmc and start it again.
WWWilco Wrote:Ok, that's clear.

The reason I tried the new beta package is because I get lots of lockups, about one every day. The screen stops when I go up a categorie, search for something or try to play a video. It hangs on "Loading 80%". There is no debug/error/warning from the plugin or xbmc, not even when I enable debugging on both so I don't get a crashlog. This happens with all versions of the plugin. I'm not sure if this is caused by xbmc or the youtube plugin.

The only solution is to kill xbmc and start it again.

My guess is it would be your xbmc installation since you're on arch, and in my experience it's a VERY unstable distribution. We've had multiple xbmc build problems affecting the plugin cause by arch maintainers releasing cutting edge changes too soon and not doing enough testing.
Smile 
Hi,
Not sure how to submit this in the right place but I was having an issue where when i looked for episodes within the explore youtube:-shows i wasn't getting any results. I had a quick look through YouTubeScraper.py and changing line 503 from:

videos = re.compile('<a href="/watch\?v=(.*)&amp;feature=sh_e_sl&amp;list=SL"').findall(result["content"])

to:

videos = re.compile('<a href="/watch\?v=(.*)&amp;feature=sh_e_se&amp;list=SL"').findall(result["content"])

seems to fix it

(that should read findall above not f indall)
WWWilco Wrote:Same error here with the latest and greatest 2.6.3 version

I confirmed these changes and it worked
thanks
Rainbow 
after fixing the actual episode scraping the season scraping stopped working after a day.
This is because you tube have now changed the class heading for seasons I've changed line 569 from:

seasons = self.parseDOM(html, "div", attrs = {"class": "seasons"})

to

seasons = self.parseDOM(html, "div", attrs = {"class": "seasons "})

and 550 from

if ((result["content"].find('class="seasons"') == -1) or get("season")):

to

if ((result["content"].find('class="seasons "') == -1) or get("season")):

not sure if this fixes it yet as can't test at the moment.
jcp2mill Wrote:after fixing the actual episode scraping the season scraping stopped working after a day.
This is because you tube have now changed the class heading for seasons I've changed line 569 from:

seasons = self.parseDOM(html, "div", attrs = {"class": "seasons"})

to

seasons = self.parseDOM(html, "div", attrs = {"class": "seasons "})

and 550 from

if ((result["content"].find('class="seasons"') == -1) or get("season")):

to

if ((result["content"].find('class="seasons "') == -1) or get("season")):

not sure if this fixes it yet as can't test at the moment.

Hi,
Thanks for the fixes, it seems YouTube is up to their usual css shuffling tricks, we'll probably wait a week before packaging this fix into the next release.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28