• 93(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
nmirza Wrote:Is anybody else having issues with YouTube plugin as of the 30th sept nightly build? It was fine previously but on the 30th sept, 2nd oct and 3rd oct builds (I didn't try any others in the middle). YouTube videos will no longer play. I can access the plugins, go to my subscriptions, add videos to my playlist, but when I play it initially it didn't do anything, and then would crash in 10-20 seconds. After I updated to the 3rd oct build now though I press play but video just doesn't play. I can move around with remote, go to main screen etc. xbmc doesn't crash but videos just won't play.

as of the oct 4 build, youtube videos still not working. I realize this must be an xbmc issue and not a youtube video, but i figure the devs for the plugin have to sort this with xbmc, since i'm not having video playing issues with any of my tv shows or movies.
nmirza Wrote:as of the oct 4 build, youtube videos still not working. I realize this must be an xbmc issue and not a youtube video, but i figure the devs for the plugin have to sort this with xbmc, since i'm not having video playing issues with any of my tv shows or movies.

The problem is not in our plugin. I compile my own version for linux, and it works fine. The binary nightlies currently fail on both windows and mac. (I've tested multiple versions)

When you play movies and tv shows you aren't using the code our plugin uses. It's a totally different interface, so one may fail horribly, while the other works fine.

Don't know what to tell you, you are running Beta software. You are asking for problems.

Try to compile it yourself and see if that helps. That or wait. Or downgrade to Dharma.

ETA: There IS a workaround that will make the youtube plugin work. But it is going to be hell to implement, and it will mean that each time you change folder you will have to wait between 10-30 seconds(yes, each and every time). So we aren't going to be implementing it.
Morten14 Wrote:I also have buffering issues. When visiting the youtube website, I have no problems streaming 1080p videos - actually they load like 5 times faster than is needed. But when I use the youtube addon for xbmc 10.1 it has to buffer all the time, even at 720p. This make the incredible cool trailer feature of xbmc worthless.

Also I have some issues when I want to push youtube videos from my phone or laptop to my htpc. It takes between 5 or 10 seconds before the video starts playing. Instant playing would make the youtube addon worth so much more for me.

Just a moment while i get my tea leaves.

Or maybe you could upload a debug log.
JohnDoe1 Wrote:Hi,
I always get script error when trying to access shows or movies. Looks like a 404 error from the log file.

Using Windows 7, XBMC 10.1 (march 2011) and tried youtube v2.1 and 2.1.1

Here is my log

Any ideas why?

Thanks

I see one problem, that i thought we had fixed alreadyHuh

But i just did a local test, and google have changed the layout too much for this one fix to work.

We will NOT be fixing this in the current stable release of the plugin. The fix will come with the next major relase of the YouTube plugin.

Both shows and movies are also broken in the current YouTube Beta.
ok thanks, i just wanted to know if this was in fact an acknowledged problem or just a one off issue. I don't know how to compile stuff so definitely can't do that. Is it some code thats accidentally mishandled that will be fixed soon in xbmc, something with the compile, or really is it something that is broken that needs t obe fixed or will it hopefully resolve itself in next couple of builds.

i'm not complaining about problems with a beta build. I just wasn't sure where the issue was, and if the fix was going to be in couple of days from team xbmc/compilers, or if i should go back to the september 27th nightly that worked for me, and stop updating until further notice.

TobiasTheCommie Wrote:The problem is not in our plugin. I compile my own version for linux, and it works fine. The binary nightlies currently fail on both windows and mac. (I've tested multiple versions)

When you play movies and tv shows you aren't using the code our plugin uses. It's a totally different interface, so one may fail horribly, while the other works fine.

Don't know what to tell you, you are running Beta software. You are asking for problems.

Try to compile it yourself and see if that helps. That or wait. Or downgrade to Dharma.

ETA: There IS a workaround that will make the youtube plugin work. But it is going to be hell to implement, and it will mean that each time you change folder you will have to wait between 10-30 seconds(yes, each and every time). So we aren't going to be implementing it.
nmirza Wrote:as of the oct 4 build, youtube videos still not working. I realize this must be an xbmc issue and not a youtube video, but i figure the devs for the plugin have to sort this with xbmc, since i'm not having video playing issues with any of my tv shows or movies.

So I finally took the time and filed a bug with team xbmc.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12042

Now we play the waiting game Smile
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:I see one problem, that i thought we had fixed alreadyHuh

But i just did a local test, and google have changed the layout too much for this one fix to work.

We will NOT be fixing this in the current stable release of the plugin. The fix will come with the next major relase of the YouTube plugin.

Both shows and movies are also broken in the current YouTube Beta.

Thanks for the info.

So does this mean that only the beta is broken or are all versions of the Youtube plugin is broken regarding shows/movies because as I mentioned I used both 2.1 and 2.1.1.

If only certain versions are broken, can you let me know which one still works please?
All are broken. In all versions.

And we really need proper unit and integration testing to get it up and running properly.
I´m have XBMC 10.1 and YouTube 2.1.0 -> no beta no testing, on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 32Bit (Linux)
Movies and Shows are not working. So far this is known I think, but there are some Problems too. While some Clips are playing well others don´t do. Here´s a log from not working Clip:
Code:
09:45:55 T:2908830576 M:1279913984  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:45:55 T:2908830576 M:1279913984  NOTICE: YouTube-2.0.5 ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.video.youtube/', '0', '?path=/root/search/new&action=play_video&videoid=jt_tG8FS44U']
09:45:58 T:2908830576 M:1279610880  NOTICE: YouTube-2.0.5 fetching page : http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/jt_tG8FS44U
09:45:58 T:2908830576 M:1279692800  NOTICE: YouTube-2.0.5 _getvideoinfo: 6325
09:45:58 T:2908830576 M:1280200704  NOTICE: YouTube-2.0.5 _getvideoinfo done : 1
09:45:58 T:2908830576 M:1280200704  NOTICE: YouTube-2.0.5 _getVideoLinks trying website
09:45:58 T:2908830576 M:1280200704  NOTICE: YouTube-2.0.5 fetching page : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt_tG8FS44U&safeSearch=none
09:45:59 T:2908830576 M:1280008192   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ValueError
09:45:59 T:2908830576 M:1280008192   ERROR: Error Contents: Unterminated string starting at: line 1 column 4299 (char 4299)
09:45:59 T:2908830576 M:1279995904   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 48, in ?
                                                navigator.executeAction(params)
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeNavigation.py", line 203, in executeAction
                                                player.playVideo(params)
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubePlayer.py", line 52, in playVideo
                                                (video, status) = self.getVideoObject(params);
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubePlayer.py", line 251, in getVideoObject
                                                (links, video) = self._getVideoLinks(video, params)
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubePlayer.py", line 298, in _getVideoLinks
                                                player_object = json.loads(data[0].replace('\'PLAYER_CONFIG\'', '"PLAYER_CONFIG"'))
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 351, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 36, in _scan_once
                                                return parse_object((string, idx + 1), encoding, strict, _scan_once, object_hook)
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 185, in JSONObject
                                                value, end = scan_once(s, end)
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 36, in _scan_once
                                                return parse_object((string, idx + 1), encoding, strict, _scan_once, object_hook)
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 185, in JSONObject
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 34, in _scan_once
                                                return parse_string(string, idx + 1, encoding, strict)
                                              File "/home/tparis/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 82, in py_scanstring
                                                raise ValueError(
                                            ValueError: Unterminated string starting at: line 1 column 4299 (char 4299)
09:45:59 T:3064231824 M:1279995904   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search/new&action=play_video&videoid=jt_tG8FS44U]

I hope this will help for debugging.

Greetings
Simpel
HenrikDK Wrote:So I finally took the time and filed a bug with team xbmc.

XBMCSetup-20111005-288f496-master fixes the issue for me.
W7 64bit.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:I believe the problem lies with the SSL included in your distro(or possibly in the XBMC build you are using, if it is compiled in.)

In any case, the problem is not in the YouTube plugin.
Hi again,

I've installed a newer release of the OS (openelec) and it solved the ssl lib problem. However I still get same-ish problem when logging in. (HTTPError : HTTP Error 403: Unauthorized request.)

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/ZLL2MQwB

X-board trackback: http://openelec.tv/forum/38-python-addon...-with-user
TheSecret Wrote:Hi again,

I've installed a newer release of the OS (openelec) and it solved the ssl lib problem. However I still get same-ish problem when logging in. (HTTPError : HTTP Error 403: Unauthorized request.)

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/ZLL2MQwB

X-board trackback: http://openelec.tv/forum/38-python-addon...-with-user

Yeah, i just fixed the login in our trunk. Google decided to change it once(actually twice) again.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Yeah, i just fixed the login in our trunk. Google decided to change it once(actually twice) again.

Nice. Where do I find this fix? With 'our' trunk, do you mean "youtubexbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk"? (Can't see the fix there)
HenrikDK Wrote:So I finally took the time and filed a bug with team xbmc.

for anybody else that rolled back to an earlier version waiting for a fix, this is now fixed as of oct 7th release.
Less then a week ago I could play 720p. Seems like it's crashing every time a 720p are streamed. I use Youtube cache and hardware acceleration when I play a Youtube video. Are Youtube on a apple tv2 not suppose to support 720p?
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28