• 106(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
For some reason, my youtube plugin is not updating. When I search through my playlists, it doesn't show videos I have added recently. I can't even access my "Watch Later" - it tells me "no recent activity" even right after I add a video to Watch Later on a separate computer.

Any reasons why it seems the Youtube plugin is not seeing the updated information from my youtube account?
Darkwing Wrote:For some reason, my youtube plugin is not updating. When I search through my playlists, it doesn't show videos I have added recently. I can't even access my "Watch Later" - it tells me "no recent activity" even right after I add a video to Watch Later on a separate computer.

Any reasons why it seems the Youtube plugin is not seeing the updated information from my youtube account?

Yes. I'm sure there is a reason.

http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/wik...llDebugLog
mardup Wrote:- I installed XBMC (IOS version) on my iPad, and there Youtube works! Huh
Huh? what? It should work in IOS, but we haven't tried it, thus we have no confirmation one way or the other.

mardup Wrote:log when all it's OK ( PC <---> Router Wifi <----> Internet Box )
Log XBMC Youtube OK

log when playing Video is not OK ( PC <----> Internet Box)
Log XBMC Youtube NOK
.. in this log, for the same video, i can not play it, but i can download it
Very nice with both those debug logs.

We are pretty sure this problem is not related to our plugin(Especially since you can download).

Our best guess would be that you have some proxy settings in XBMC, which might cause your problem.

In any case, this is a purely playback problem from within XBMC. Check your proxy settings, and if it still fails, trac the bug.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Our best guess would be that you have some proxy settings in XBMC, which might cause your problem.

thanks ... Proxy Settings was a good idea !
But not in the way you think ...

With NO proxy : NO video playing in XBMC
Putting a proxy settings : it resolve my problem !!!! :confused2: :confused2:

it seems that I have to cross two network zones to play videos :

PC < --- > [ 2nd network zone with my router ] <----> [ 1st network zone with my internet box ] ------ { internet/youtube }

or

PC <------> [ 1st network Lan with my internet box ] <-----> [ 2nd network zone with Proxy Settings ] ------ { internet/youtube }

Thanks again !
As long as it works for you Smile
Big Grin 
Hi
Huh i am having troubles using addons such as Documentary heaven,Music Jukebox which generally really on using youtube...
When i launch a video on doc heaven it gives me script failed video .plugin .youtube.
I am also unable to launch music video juke box and i dont know why.
I have uninstalled youtube and deleted all reminents within xbmc and installed it again still no luck....
Has anyone else encountered this or does anyone know where to start when fixing this...

cheers
Torran1
torran1 Wrote:Hi
Huh i am having troubles using addons such as Documentary heaven,Music Jukebox which generally really on using youtube...
When i launch a video on doc heaven it gives me script failed video .plugin .youtube.
I am also unable to launch music video juke box and i dont know why.
I have uninstalled youtube and deleted all reminents within xbmc and installed it again still no luck....
Has anyone else encountered this or does anyone know where to start when fixing this...

cheers
Torran1

I'm pretty sure Music Video Jukebox doesn't even use the youtube plugin.

Please follow this guide.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Yes. I'm sure there is a reason.

"Open the plugin and go to "Advanced" in settings, enable "Plugin debug" and confirm."

How do I confirm?
Darkwing Wrote:"Open the plugin and go to "Advanced" in settings, enable "Plugin debug" and confirm."

How do I confirm?

You exit the settings dialog with the "ok" button and not the "cancel" button.
Hi all.

I'm having issues logging into youtube.
Plugin 2.7.0 installed from zip.
Tried on a few versions of openelec (currently on an Eden build).

I've read a few pages back to see if there was anything similar, but didn't see anything, so apologies if it's been fixed.

Log Here

I've had a look, and it seems the first two tries, the login process gets redirected to a google login page, the third try is the urlopen error that keeps popping up, so I assume the actual problem is in the first two tries.

Any Ideas?

Also, thanks in advance!
keyz182 Wrote:Hi all.

I'm having issues logging into youtube.
Plugin 2.7.0 installed from zip.
Tried on a few versions of openelec (currently on an Eden build).

I've read a few pages back to see if there was anything similar, but didn't see anything, so apologies if it's been fixed.

Log Here

I've had a look, and it seems the first two tries, the login process gets redirected to a google login page, the third try is the urlopen error that keeps popping up, so I assume the actual problem is in the first two tries.

Any Ideas?

Also, thanks in advance!

PHP Code:
13:29:44 T:140343282493184  NOTICE: [CommonFunctions-0.8_fetchPage 'URLError : <urlopen error _ssl.c:316: Invalid SSL protocol variant specified.>' 

This is a problem with the python on openELEC, you need to take it up with them

That said, google decided to break the login yesterday anyways, so even when you get that fixed you can't log in. Sad

ETA:
You appear to be having even more problems with your internet, it appears that your xbmc can't even access the addon repository.
PHP Code:
13:27:21 T:140343282493184   ERROROpen failed to open source <http://xbmcaddons.com/dev-addons/andre/addons.xml> 

This might not be a problem in OpenELEC, but with your network. In any case, clearly not YouTube related.
Yeah, I was aware the urlopen ssl error was openelec.

So it's a google problem then. Lame.

Thanks anyway!
So im guessing since youtube changed their layout we have to wait for an update before being able to login to youtube addon again, is there a hack we can do to the addon to work around this login issue until a patch or fix is update? Or is it just me that cant login since the youtube site change?
This doesn't seem to be able to be worked around by not logging in either, plugin is totally broken right?
No the plugin still works, you can still play trailers from youtube via movie library, and oyu can still use the youtube addon to browse videos and play them , but I cant login to my youtube account via the plugin since the site change.
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28