• 114(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
lbbeurmann Wrote:Getting a "login failed" alert when trying to login on an appletv 2. using the eden beta 1 build, and the plugin 2.8. here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/it52fz4j

I have seen a bunch of posts with the same issue, but they seem to be openelec based. is this a common problem across all platforms that has been yet to be resolved? I only ask because i am seeing the same issue on my macmini. my youtube account is linked with my google account. I will post a log from the mini when i can get to it as well. thanks for the help.

SSL problem in your python library.

PHP Code:
22:01:59 T:135589888  NOTICE: [YouTube-2.8.0_fetchPage 'URLError : <urlopen error _ssl.c:310: Invalid SSL protocol variant specified.>' 

It is common problem across Mac/Windows/iOS and openELEC builds.

It is NOT a problem on Linux or FreeBSD, which are using the system wide installed python. And i do not know exactly why openELEC is hit with the same problem. But it is entirely a problem with Python and how it is included on your system/in your binary.

Things you can try:
1 - Use your username and not your email address (ie, no @ in username). Some people have reported that this helped.
2 - Restart XBMC between every login attempts. (Has helped HenrikDK on Mac).
3 - Report it on the Trac. ( Done: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12343 )
Just a reminder - I've reported that issue in mflow and grooveshark addons in the begining of November, a global change occured between nov 1st and nov 7th (wiiiild guess - a certificate expiring probably?!) which caused it.

The authentication works within the first minute or two of starting XBMC, then starts to fail.
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
macf1an Wrote:Just a reminder - I've reported that issue in mflow and grooveshark addons in the begining of November, a global change occured between nov 1st and nov 7th (wiiiild guess - a certificate expiring probably?!) which caused it.

The authentication works within the first minute or two of starting XBMC, then starts to fail.

I did not know this. Very interesting indeed. Thank you.

This actually gives us an avenue of attack, something might be solved(if we are lucky).

ETA: I see you updated the trac, thanks, i was just about to do that. Smile

ETA2: The issue has been isolated.
actually - you did know Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79487&page=155
Big Grin 
macf1an Wrote:actually - you did know Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79487&page=155

I think your link is wrong, eh?

And the part that was new to me was the: "The authentication works within the first minute or two of starting XBMC, then starts to fail."
the link points approximately to where I confirmed the same issue in this thread (post #1543 - you answer a few posts later), and refered to the other addons' threads for details. I had already found that pattern in the behavior and described it there.
You claimed it's an OpelELEC issue, but it wasn't since it happens on ATV2 too and we clarified this on the next page of the thread.
Nevermind, I hope the issue will get a solution soon Smile
macf1an Wrote:the link points approximately to where I confirmed the same issue in this thread (post #1543 - you answer a few posts later), and refered to the other addons' threads for details. I had already found that pattern in the behavior and described it there.
You claimed it's an OpelELEC issue, but it wasn't since it happens on ATV2 too and we clarified this on the next page of the thread.
Nevermind, I hope the issue will get a solution soon Smile
Heh, ok, i just got to the top of the current page, not to #1543.

You have to realize that from my perspective this issue has existed for over a YEAR on macintosh and windows. And on the iOS builds since they started appearing.

It IS an openELEC issue. It is also an issue on the other builds, doesn't mean it isn't also an openELEC issue.

In any case, the problem is because of unlinking of libcurl(and thus also openssl). amet tracked it down. We are currently testing a very "hackish" fix that appears to fix the issue, at least on the Mac(Not done with OpenELEC testing yet).

I would be very much surprised if there isn't a proper solution by the next beta. But as always, no promises.
For the current Dharma and Eden version of the youtube plugin, login for google+ accounts is not working.

This will be fixed in the next release. Thanks to testing and feedback from newphreak.
The plugin is randomly crashing eden beta 1 (this program has stopped working bla bla) it's not creating a crash dump though. Anyone else having issues?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Death-Axe Wrote:The plugin is randomly crashing eden beta 1 (this program has stopped working bla bla) it's not creating a crash dump though. Anyone else having issues?

I'm having another issue.

It appears that the youtube servers currently(i hope not permantly) are severely limiting how much of a video we are allowed to download. This have been confirmed in multiple countries and with multiple download methods(including multiple browsers).

Maybe the networking issue is causing your xbmc to freeze.

I would suggest enabling and uploading an xbmc debug log(You may also enable the youtube plugin debug log if you want to, but i doubt what you are experiencing have anything to do with the add-on).

Even though it doesn't crash a debug log will still be of interest.

Try a video that is longer than 10 minutes.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file#Location
Mine when I first installed 11.0 “Eden” Beta 1, I'm on Ubuntu btw switched from fedora 100 million times better, was crashing when I noticed something in the video settings, I had to untick "allow hardware acceleration (VAAPI)", then everything was fine, no problems playing videos, youtube or otherwise. Smile

I DON'T DO CABLE.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:I'm having another issue.

It appears that the YouTube servers currently(i hope not permantly) are severely limiting how much of a video we are allowed to download. This have been confirmed in multiple countries and with multiple download methods(including multiple browsers).

Maybe the networking issue is causing your xbmc to freeze.

I would suggest enabling and uploading an xbmc debug log(You may also enable the youtube plugin debug log if you want to, but i doubt what you are experiencing have anything to do with the add-on).

Even though it doesn't crash a debug log will still be of interest.

Try a video that is longer than 10 minutes.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file#Location

First Ty for this Addon it is awesome,
well i start to use this addon heavily a couple days ago when i decide that is time to make a exclusive view for it.

I face some problems in the way, luckily i was able to solve all.

the first one was the login issue,
i was unable to use my login
solution: first i link my Google account with YouTube on the website, and then inside xbmc, in the YouTube addon settings i had to set one option to "enable YouTube safesearch" i chose "moderate" problem solve login success.

after that i try to surf around and play some videos, more than 50% of the videos i was unable to play, plugin just freeze for seconds and than gives me message that my video was unable to play (or something like that).
solution: in the plugin advanced options i turn "off" "use YouTube cache servers" problem solve, everything i try to play now is working perfect.

than i try to download some videos, all was going fine until 1 download crash in the middle of the process, after that i was unable to download anything more, the plugin just crash and gives me some fail message, so i start search around.
solution: the plugin remember the download that crash so he was trying to resume the download every time i try to download a new one making the plugin crash, so i deleted the "commoncache.db" file inside folder (user/appdata/roaming/XBMC/userdata/database)and problem solve i lost my search database but download start work again.

For me is working perfect, using the skin im coding, but im not using any other addon runing in the background, i experience some crashes in other skins.

Here is the view im working on: it is based in the xperience 1080p to speed up things, later i will probably change some textures to fit better inside my skin.

Middle Wrote:the first one was the login issue,
i was unable to use my login
solution: first i link my Google account with YouTube on the website, and then inside xbmc, in the YouTube addon settings i had to set one option to "enable YouTube safesearch" i chose "moderate" problem solve login success.
You shouldn't have to do any of that. But good you got it working.

Middle Wrote:than i try to download some videos, all was going fine until 1 download crash in the middle of the process, after that i was unable to download anything more, the plugin just crash and gives me some fail message, so i start search around.
solution: the plugin remember the download that crash so he was trying to resume the download every time i try to download a new one making the plugin crash, so i deleted the "commoncache.db" file inside folder (user/appdata/roaming/XBMC/userdata/database)and problem solve i lost my search database but download start work again.
The downloader should be more stable in the next version.

Middle Wrote:For me is working perfect, using the skin im coding, but im not using any other addon runing in the background, i experience some crashes in other skins.

Here is the view im working on: it is based in the xperience 1080p to speed up things, later i will probably change some textures to fit better inside my skin.

Our plugin tries to set ViewMode to 500(Thumbnail view in the default skin). Since you are using a non standard skin this might be causing some issues.

If you want us to investigate any of this we need a debug log.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ting_a_bug
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:You shouldn't have to do any of that. But good you got it working.

The downloader should be more stable in the next version.

Our plugin tries to set ViewMode to 500(Thumbnail view in the default skin). Since you are using a non standard skin this might be causing some issues.

If you want us to investigate any of this we need a debug log.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ting_a_bug

Everyting is working 100% with my skin, i got trouble in other skins.
i was just pointing out some troubles and solutions i found in the way,

thx for point me the view id so i can make it more compatible.

keep up your good work this is a very usefull plugin.
cheers.
Middle Wrote:Everyting is working 100% with my skin, i got trouble in other skins.
i was just pointing out some troubles and solutions i found in the way,

thx for point me the view id so i can make it more compatible.

keep up your good work this is a very usefull plugin.
cheers.

Thanks, bug reports are always welcome.
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28