• 115(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:You can try another thing(that works on mac).

After each login attempt, restart OpenELEC(or the computer). Try a few times, and restart between every attempt.

Once you are logged in once, it should just refresh a token afterwards, and should rarely hit the error again.

Problem seems to be solved in latest build i'm running from OE. In this build SSL is downgraded and login works. https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...48c2fe6331

Thanks for helping out.
When I try to download a youtube video it works once and then for all subsequent downloads I get error.
Here is a log where I just start xbmc, go to youtube, select a search and try to download a video. http://pastebin.com/Y57Nb7YH
I have sometimes been able to fix it by reinstalling xbmc but not every time.
I currently run Eden beta and the bundeled youtube 2.8.0
That seems wrong.

Sadly some "prettyfying" code in the downloader means i can't actually see exactly what happens, but it looks like a connection issue.

To fix the broken downloader all you should have to do is delete your .xbmc/userdata/Database/commoncache.db file and restart XBMC. A full reinstall should not be needed.

Lets hope the next version works better for you.

I've played around with the safe search settings like someone mentioned previously but nothing has worked thus far.

Here's the xbmc logs: http://pastebin.com/mdeACjvg

Thanks in advance.
hamm Wrote:Log in isn't working for me on Eden and Windows 7.

I've played around with the safe search settings like someone mentioned previously but nothing has worked thus far.

Here's the xbmc logs: http://pastebin.com/mdeACjvg

Thanks in advance.

This is because you have a google+ account, a fix have been made for the next version.
Hi, just upgraded to Eden and everything seems to working fine. Quick question about the YT plugin.

I have a couple of playlists set up on YT, which are pulled in fine into XBMC but I seem only able to play one video at a time. Is there a way I can set it playing every video in a playlist one after another?

With thanks
mikeplow1961 Wrote:Hi, just upgraded to Eden and everything seems to working fine. Quick question about the YT plugin.

I have a couple of playlists set up on YT, which are pulled in fine into XBMC but I seem only able to play one video at a time. Is there a way I can set it playing every video in a playlist one after another?

With thanks

Bring up the context menu (Press "c" on the keyboard) and select "Play All".
Thanks for the great plugin!

I saw this: "- Added setting to control playback of 3d anaglyph streams" in the changelog and I got excited, but I don't see any 3d anaglyph settings anywhere. Am I overlooking something?
philipacentaur Wrote:Thanks for the great plugin!

I saw this: "- Added setting to control playback of 3d anaglyph streams" in the changelog and I got excited, but I don't see any 3d anaglyph settings anywhere. Am I overlooking something?

No, we did some rudimentary backend stuff, but XBMC is lacking in 3d capabilities so it turned out to not be relevant.

You can still watch/download 3d movies on youtube, but they will all be in Stereo. YouTube doesn't have specific streams for Analglyph or the other 3D implementations, the flash player assembles it from the Stereo stream.

There are players(for windows at least) that can handle these Stereo videos and turn them into anything you want. But that is outside the scope of this plugin.

Hence why we discontinued development on this feature. If XBMC ever gets this kind of support we will of course resume. But i doubt that will ever happen.
Bummer. That's sort of what I thought, since I knew that it was done in-browser, and I'm sadly aware of the lack of interest in 3D stuff in XBMC and my skills won't cut it for helping to add any of that support. I played around with some GLSL shaders, but got in over my head really quickly.

I just thought maybe you guys whipped out some magic when I saw that.

Thanks anyway!
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:This is because you have a google+ account, a fix have been made for the next version.

I've found a work around for this issue until the new version is released:

Please note: This is a brand new account created by going through the sign up link at youtube.com, it was automatically given a Google+ account. Do not do this if you actually use Google+.

I followed the instructions here: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-2008...e-account/

But I seleceted 'Delete entire google profile' instead of 'Delete Google+ content'. I was then able to log in with no issues.

Thanks for your help!
When you play a clip on YouTube, is it possible to see "related" clips? The ones you see on the right when you do it via a regular browser..
Novin Wrote:When you play a clip on YouTube, is it possible to see "related" clips? The ones you see on the right when you do it via a regular browser..

Context menu ("c" on the keyboard)
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:You really shouldn't be upgading YouTube from git, it has quite a few dependencies that are required that you need to add manually as well.

I highly suggest you install youtube 2.8.0 from the addon-repository.

If you can't find 2.8.0 in the addon-repository, you need to update it.

If you are still having problems with login with 2.8.0 do this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add..._debug_log

I'm back. I deleted the extension I installed manually. But it still didn't work after that (version said 2.8.0), and it wouldn't let me uninstall the youtube plugin either. Then I started the box back up the next day, and oddly the youtube plugin was now gone, and I could install 2.8.0 again (the only version available in the repo list). It then preceded to work, once. Then it fails to log in every other startup of xbmc. I have to exit xbmc (even on a fresh boot of the machine), let it start back up, and then the youtube addon will then let me log in. Same "login: false" error.

I'll grab a debug log next time it happens.
Tomasu Wrote:I'm back. I deleted the extension I installed manually. But it still didn't work after that (version said 2.8.0), and it wouldn't let me uninstall the youtube plugin either. Then I started the box back up the next day, and oddly the youtube plugin was now gone, and I could install 2.8.0 again (the only version available in the repo list). It then preceded to work, once. Then it fails to log in every other startup of xbmc. I have to exit xbmc (even on a fresh boot of the machine), let it start back up, and then the youtube addon will then let me log in. Same "login: false" error.

I'll grab a debug log next time it happens.

This sounds like an SSL problem. A solution is being worked on for that problem.

ETA: Progress on the SSL problem can be followed here 592 (PR)
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28