• 8(current)
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers
Balthazaar Wrote:Woohoo! Big Grin

Thanks for giving me the idea Izoubek! (and thanks to Ciaby, whoever you are)
:-) You are doing pretty crazy things
Balthazaar Wrote:..oh, and to stay on topic, have you given any thought to allow for special characters in tags for album art? eg Blue Öyster Cult
I'll need to get such artist and test/fix it.
Balthazaar Wrote:With regard to playing internet streams - I'm guessing the stream info is one 'tag', something like "Artist:Title:Album", but displayed as "Title" in MPDClient?
Yes, I can try to detect if an item is stream and try to parse it's title and display it properly in queue
lzoubek Wrote:Yes, I can try to detect if an item is stream and try to parse it's title and display it properly in queue

Excellent! Thanks!
litemotiv Wrote:While i definitely applaud the effort, i feel that a separate mpd solution with it's own interface is not the way to go. XBMC already has pretty decent music functionality (with now playing widgets, scrapers etc), which various skins hook in to, so this feels like a duplication of efforts where integration should be the primary target. The current implementation refrains me from using it, even though i am a huge supporter of MPD.
You are right. Current solution is not the right one. Integration could be done much better, but I think this cannot be done by simply writing an addon. XBMC developers should get involved. I do not have power to write in C or C++, I don't like that languages and I do not know many XBMC dev's to be able to convince them that integration with MPD is the right think to do (because it is not). So, I've created this. My usecase is having music and player somewhere on the internet and controlling it via XBMC. I'll be glad to use another implementation, much integrated.

litemotiv Wrote:but i think you will agree that for an all-purpose media station like XBMC we shouldn't rely on completely external running plugins doing 'their own thing'.
But this is exacly what XBMC is and this is the reason I like it. It is quite light core with large set of addons and XBMC users relies on them (subtitles, visualizations,skins, scrappers, icecast or shoutcast) Without it, it would by only nice-looking audio/video player.
Is it possible to add button/option for Single mode? I currently have this bound to music button on keyboard but there is no notification of it and when coming back to MPD after a while I forget if it's on Single mode or not, so have to alt+tab out to ncmpcpp. Would be sweet if this would be possible to add in to the interface!
colbert Wrote:Is it possible to add button/option for Single mode? I currently have this bound to music button on keyboard but there is no notification of it and when coming back to MPD after a while I forget if it's on Single mode or not, so have to alt+tab out to ncmpcpp. Would be sweet if this would be possible to add in to the interface!
Single mode control will be added, I did not add it before since I do not use it.
Fantastic, look forward to it! MPDClient is excellent and one of my most-used features of XBMC Big Grin Keep up the great work.
colbert Wrote:Fantastic, look forward to it! MPDClient is excellent and one of my most-used features of XBMC Big Grin Keep up the great work.
Single mode = play only 1 item from queue and stop?

I am just thinking about icon. I have already made up an icon for consume mode ( I'll use pacman with opened/closed mouth instead of that huge radiobutton)
Any ideas?
An Icon in confluence style is welcome ;-)
lzoubek Wrote:Single mode = play only 1 item from queue and stop?

I am just thinking about icon. I have already made up an icon for consume mode ( I'll use pacman with opened/closed mouth instead of that huge radiobutton)
Any ideas?
An Icon in confluence style is welcome ;-)

Single mode is repeating the same track when Repeat is on, as opposed to repeating the entire playlist (so the same song just keeps playing over and over). Er, yes, just checked in ncmpcpp and since I never have Repeat off, Single mode does indeed play one song and stop without Repeat Smile

I'm pretty void of any art/theme/skinning ability or knowledge, heh, so I can just suggest a nice "S" perhaps would be more than enough, or IIRC like VLC where hitting the Repeat button once is for repeating playlist, and once more shows a "1" on the Repeat button to signify single mode Cool
Hi Izoubek,

Another feature request.. Smile

Can we have the option to have 'Consuming Mode' on by default?

Big Grin

Edit: never mind. I now run 'mpc consume on' at every system startup. It's on by default now. Big Grin
litemotiv Wrote:While i definitely applaud the effort, i feel that a separate mpd solution with it's own interface is not the way to go. XBMC already has pretty decent music functionality (with now playing widgets, scrapers etc), which various skins hook in to, so this feels like a duplication of efforts where integration should be the primary target. The current implementation refrains me from using it, even though i am a huge supporter of MPD.

Would it be at all possible to use XBMC's music backend and merely provide MPD as a different library/provider? It would certainly be a sublime solution. I have no idea whether XBMC provides some sort of plugin/hook mechanism for it's music system, but i think you will agree that for an all-purpose media station like XBMC we shouldn't rely on completely external running plugins doing 'their own thing'.

Thanks for all your work,
-lite

I would like this to hook into the regular music subsystem, too, but isnt the problem that this does NOT actually play the music? You would basically be writing an addon that seems like its playing something, but its really not. Not sure this is supported by XBMC.
Also found quite a few problems with this:

My "coloured" buttons do not work, for example going to the main screen or music screen directly.
I can not play, stop, pause etc when using mopidy.
What is currently paying is not updated using mopidy.

Mopidy works perfectly both with BitMPC (Android) and the ncurses ncmcpp.

I might have a look see at the code if I can find any easy fixes.
sandos Wrote:Also found quite a few problems with this:

My "coloured" buttons do not work, for example going to the main screen or music screen directly.
I can not play, stop, pause etc when using mopidy.
What is currently paying is not updated using mopidy.

Mopidy works perfectly both with BitMPC (Android) and the ncurses ncmcpp.

I might have a look see at the code if I can find any easy fixes.

Ok, might have been partly a false alarm. The play-controls works fine here on a clean 10.0 Xbmxc. I have a self-compiled XBMC and thats where this all doesn't work. Have not tried the colored buttons yet. Updating currently playing and queue does not seem to work though.
I forked this and added some back-button handling. Not sure if my method of handling the back button is "kosher", I feel this should really be in the gui XML but that seems not to be supported, only directions there.

https://github.com/sandos/xbmc-plugin-mpdc
sandos Wrote:I forked this and added some back-button handling. Not sure if my method of handling the back button is "kosher", I feel this should really be in the gui XML but that seems not to be supported, only directions there.

https://github.com/sandos/xbmc-plugin-mpdc

Currently there is quite unstable version on github, I have not yet finished button images, don't get confused. I am quite busy right now.
My biggest problem with mopidy was, that I was not able to run it and test client against it, I had to test against classic mpd

The issue with self compiled xbmc can be, that you have to compile it with --disable-external-python. Hope it helps. I compile XBMC too (gentoo fan)

I just took a look at your patch in your forked version and it looks kosher for me. You are right, there is no support in XML for various actions, only up,down,right,left. I am glad to have some soulmate :-)
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers0