Safe to leave Android TV box permanently on?
If this is the wrong place to ask I honestly apologize in advance. But as per the topic is it safe to leave my box on all the time...or at least most of the time? I have my HDD plugged into it and then use it as a upnp server, which works surprisingly well. However I was not 100% sure about it being on so much so I can access it from other devices anytime.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7
(2016-09-13, 22:37)Code101 Wrote: If this is the wrong place to ask I honestly apologize in advance. But as per the topic is it safe to leave my box on all the time...or at least most of the time? I have my HDD plugged into it and then use it as a upnp server, which works surprisingly well. However I was not 100% sure about it being on so much so I can access it from other devices anytime.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7

So long as it is not overheating and there is adequate ventilation I don't see why not.
I have two boxes that are on all the time. The only time they are off is when we have a power cut.
I do occasionally reboot but other than that they stay on.
Yup keep my s905 and previously pi2 box on 24/7. Makes it much easier to use when you want to use 1 remote.
If you mean on as if turning it "off" via remote - then yes. That is how your phone works Smile And it has no problems. Most of the Android TV boxes don't even have power on/off button.

Just make sure that your hard disk goes into power saving mode after you switch box off via remote. I had problems with this, the HDDs just wouldn't stop spinning. All was well with 1 drive but the moment I added second it just wouldn't stop spinning...

D.
Thanks for all the replies. So far it's been on a week with no problems.

Sent from my SM-N920P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Safe to leave Android TV box permanently on?0