Add volume buttons for tablets without hard keys for volume
Hi,
I'm using XBMC for a while with a standard remote control.
Today I got the Archos 7 home tablet (8GB) (for about 160 Euro here in Germany). The first program I installed was the "Android XBMC Remote" program. It works great !!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing I'm missing is a volume control of XBMC with this remote program. As the Ar7 has no hard keys to control the volume - I can't control the XBMC volume. So it would be great if there would be a solution for it.

Idea: Is it possible to read the actual volume of the android device - and set the XBMC volume to the same level ? This may work for phones and tablets.

Thanks for this fantastic programm ! XBMC is now much better than it was already before !
Yes we need volume buttons for those devices without any hardware buttons.
Plus we need a solution for the remote screen on those big screens.
Haven't found a ticket for the volume keys, please post it on our tracker: http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcremote/issues/list

How is the volume controlled on the Archos tablet without hardware keys?
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
there are buttons on the screen. i posted a ticket for this a few weeks back. vote for it!
hmm, i thought i did, can't seem to find it
And those screen buttons doesn't work with the remote? Shame on Archos...
yeah, i know......they only control the on board spkrs and the headphone jack. no luck on xbmc
okay, i opened a ticket for this. # 375.
the_alien Wrote:Plus we need a solution for the remote screen on those big screens.
The Archos 7 has a resolution of 480x800 - so it is not such a big screen Wink
I have checked your "screenshots gallery", there are two remote_portrait.png with different sizes: 320x480 and 480x854
On the Archos 7 the small remote is displayed, maybe because the big one is slightly to big for the Archos 7 (54 pixels missing).
Yeah, those different resolutions are a mess when it comes to nicely styled graphics. We're working on a better solution, that looks good and scales nicely.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add volume buttons for tablets without hard keys for volume0