XBMC Plays the wrong TV Show file?
Short story: lets say i pick episode S05E03 of futurama under the TV Show menu, XBMC plays S02E07 instead. If i go look under the Info menu for the S05E03 episode the path points to the correct file.

Long: So lately i have been having a lot of problems with Ubuntu and XBMC, but now everything is up and running except this weird problem that i have never had before. XBMC scrapes all of my stuff just fine, but when I go and play for example S05E03 of futurama under the TV Show menu, XBMC plays S02E07 instead. So I figured maybe the scraper picked the wrong file, so i check the path in the Info menu for that episode and it points to the correct file? So far i have found this problem with 3 out of 3 tested Series, and no found problems with the movies.

I have tried removing the .xbmc config files
removing source, cleaning library, adding source and scraping again.

Info:

Xbmc 9.11 RS26018
Ubuntu 10.04 x86
Installed via PPA
try helping yourself based on that info! good luck.
spiff Wrote:try helping yourself based on that info! good luck.

My bad i was hoping for some helpful people on the internet, I guess its the wrong place too look.
If i go via Videos/Source/Episode it works just fine, but if i try to go via TV-Shows it just wont work.
see my signature. we cannot help you without any real info. debug log on pastebin is a minimum.
Debug log of you playing one of the effected episodes is needed as a bare minimum.
farthinder Wrote:My bad i was hoping for some helpful people on the internet, I guess its the wrong place too look.

Okey that was a pretty douchie response, I blame it way to much coffee and 3 days of Linux/Ubuntu problems.

I´ll get the debug in a few mins.
Okey for what ever reason i am not getting a different problem, If i navigate trough the menus via Tvshows and select an episode that seems to be working now. But if i use XBMC remote for iPhone or HD Remote for iPad and select most episodes it wont play it.

Log from when i was using HD Remote for iPad
http://pastebin.com/CkFh7B77

Log from when using the Tvshows menu
http://pastebin.com/GJ04uZ9T
Code:
13:22:10 T:3055482752 M:1794666496   ERROR: Exists - Error checking for /media/Volume_2/Deadwood/Season 1/Deadwood.S01E07.DVDRip.XviD-FFNDVD/rar://%2fmedia%2fVolume%5f2%2fDeadwood%2fSeason%201%2fDeadwood%2eS01E07%2eDVDRip%2eXviD%2dFFNDVD%2fdeadwood%2es01e07%2edvdrip%2exvid%2dffndvd%2erar/deadwood.s01e07.dvdrip.xvid-ffndvd.avi

the ipad remote is being stupid. the first part before the rar:// should NOT be there
spiff Wrote:
Code:
13:22:10 T:3055482752 M:1794666496   ERROR: Exists - Error checking for /media/Volume_2/Deadwood/Season 1/Deadwood.S01E07.DVDRip.XviD-FFNDVD/rar://%2fmedia%2fVolume%5f2%2fDeadwood%2fSeason%201%2fDeadwood%2eS01E07%2eDVDRip%2eXviD%2dFFNDVD%2fdeadwood%2es01e07%2edvdrip%2exvid%2dffndvd%2erar/deadwood.s01e07.dvdrip.xvid-ffndvd.avi

the ipad remote is being stupid. the first part before the rar:// should NOT be there

I have had this problem before, but it went away and worked for months. Also i have this problem with two different iOS apps on different devices.
it's possibly a bug in the http api, i dunno. in any case, the rars are to blame.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Plays the wrong TV Show file?0