XBMC Live Wipe Library using ftp/purty i think...
I wiped out my windows vista to move to windows 7. Tried sharing with that with nothing but problems so I went back to vista. I went to clean the library on both revo live xbmc machines and it moves so slow. I'm thinking is has to do with xbmc looking for the shared folder but can't find them and some how gets confused. After letting them be for the day and sometimes the next they freeze or just don't finish and say maybe some odd number like 40% done. Thinking I should have wiped the library before changing windows might have done it so much faster. So now without having to reinstall xbmc on both machines and go thru re-configuring them I would like to try and erase stuff thru ftp or putty I think it's called so that I may start the shares over again with a clean slate.
Thank you all for your time,
C
Putty is the application to ssh into your xbmc-live

you can delete your userdata folder restart xbmc and re-add sources

Code:
rm -r ~/.xbmc/userdata
killall xinit
Thank you for the fast responce. I'll give that a shot. This is a big help. now if I can just get my SD card install of xbmc live to work with my original xbox remote as the built in revo 160 gig hard drive does I'll be all set. Edited files thru putty the same way but it doesn't work. Hmmmm...
may I recommend the xbmcFreak-live install over the xbmc-live install its got the new Dharma version of xbmc with addons

my remote worked out of the box with out having to configure anything on it

-=jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:may I recommend the xbmcFreak-live install over the xbmc-live install its got the new Dharma version of xbmc with addons

my remote worked out of the box with out having to configure anything on it

-=jason=-
Really? The original xbox dongle remote work without making any edit changes? Where might I find this download?
Thank you,
C
im not sure about original xbox dongle, but my remote using the MCE drivers worked like a charm. see my signature for the download

-=Jason=-
Hi Jason,

The commands didn't work. Could not find folder when entering that command. Any thoughts?
Bump
splatman2 Wrote:Hi Jason,

The commands didn't work. Could not find folder when entering that command. Any thoughts?

what does the error say when running that command?

-=jason=-
Never mind I found my mistake. Was trying through the root directory when thats how I do everything else like setting up the original xbox remote. Thank you all for your big help.
Chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live Wipe Library using ftp/purty i think...0