some requests
Hey all!
first of all thanx alot for all your work on this great skin! I love it.
I use xbmc on a mac, playing so an nightly build osx.
Despite the unstable version, it works all ok! I've just 3 things to ask
1. It would be great that the mouse arrow disappeares during the movie playing, instead after a while it turn on visible. Is it possible to hide it?
2. Surfing into the movie list I would move fast to reach the letters and so the titles I look for... instead here I can just move title after title, even just a bit faster keeping pressed the ffw button. In another skin instead it was possible to activate a scroll bar (key down) and use it to move fast among the titles. Is this option also present in backrow?
3. when I exit from a movie, instead to return on this movie in the film lists, it returns on the first position of the list. Also in this case, there is the possibility to remain in the same position?
thank you again
GM
gatto_mannaro Wrote:Hey all!
first of all thanx alot for all your work on this great skin! I love it.
I use xbmc on a mac, playing so an nightly build osx.
Despite the unstable version, it works all ok! I've just 3 things to ask
1. It would be great that the mouse arrow disappeares during the movie playing, instead after a while it turn on visible. Is it possible to hide it?
2. Surfing into the movie list I would move fast to reach the letters and so the titles I look for... instead here I can just move title after title, even just a bit faster keeping pressed the ffw button. In another skin instead it was possible to activate a scroll bar (key down) and use it to move fast among the titles. Is this option also present in backrow?
3. when I exit from a movie, instead to return on this movie in the film lists, it returns on the first position of the list. Also in this case, there is the possibility to remain in the same position?
thank you again
GM

Hi and thanks - glad you like the skin.

To answer your questions:

1) You can disable the mouse in settings\system\input options. It's either that or put it somewhere it won't get knocked when watching videos.

2) Some views (mainly the video library wrap views) have a hidden scroll bar you can activate by moving down. Otherwise you can activate scrollbars on most views by selecting settings\skin options\menus\scroll bar toggle.

3) Yes it's a known skin bug on certain views that share an id with other conditional visibility instances. It's something that's a big job to fix and one that I will get round to when I next overhaul the skin.

Cheers
I also have some requests/questions about the skin, so if u dont mind I'll borrow this thread.

First off, I love the skin and if there are solutions to these things I'll def use it as my standard skin:

1. Is there a way to remove the countdown when going into Settings, TV-Shows etc. I can tell its gonna bug me in a big way after a while Laugh

2. When using Confluence(sp?) and having TV-shows listed as List it says the number of episodes within each show beside the show-name. Is there a way to get this into Back Row? I want to have my shows listed as the "List"-option.

This way I can easliy see what show has gotten new episodes etc (I know I can filter with Unwatched but I would rather not do this).

Hopefully you guys can help me with this. Great work.

Regards,
Hello zombien

Well yes there is a way to remove the countdown -there's two actually.

The first way is to disable the countdown - Settings\Skin Options\Home\Disable Movie Countdown (it's at the bottom of the list under home - keep scrolling down).

The second way is to use multiple home wallpapers - Settings\Skin OPtions\Home\Use Multiple Home Wallpapers

Also if you're using library mode the number of tv episodes should already be displayed for all views at the tv show level - or are you meaning altering where the label is situated?

Cheers
Thanks for the help on the first part.

Figured it would be best to show you what I ment on the other, instead of me trying to explain it Smile

Confluence (how i want it)

Backrow:

edit: also missing some checked symbols on Seasons and episodes watched
Okay I see what you mean and I'll see what I can do. The watched overlays are currently disabled by default. They can be enabled in skin options.
Okay I've added the episodes label to the TV show level library list. The update is available from the SVN or the mediafire download link in the stickied fist post. It will be in the repo next time we ask for an update.
Sharpe Wrote:It will be in the repo next time we ask for an update.

wow thanx!
I like this option!!
exactly what i wanted! thank you so much. Def using Backrow from now on. Great skin and great with quick and good support!
Hi, me again Smile

Loving the theme and only using this one now.

However, found some small tweaks that would make it perfect for my use:

1. In the home-screen; I only have Videos, TV-Shows and Settings displayed. Would it be possible to only have those 3 boxes displayed and not having them go on a loop? Will post screen and describe if needed.

2. When using the List function the left box takes a lot of space for things I dont need. I know the plot of my shows and I dont need that little poster. Would much rather see more of the fan art. Would it be possible to make a feature that removes this entire box? Displayed in the screen below. I know I could use the fanart layout, but that defeats the purpose of my requests stated in previous posts.

I'm thinking in lines of this, but only having the show-list box on the left. I want it where it was originally on the right side, but maybe not so wide as it is now?:

If this would only be possible as a static feature and not one you could turn on and off I would donate some $ to Backrow to have this fixed and sent to me.

This was a lot of "demands", so I'm not expecting to get everything done obviously, but if possible it would be great and I would happily make a donation Wink

Regards

edit: I only want it done for this screen. When you go into a show the setup is fine as it is.
zombien Wrote:Hi, me again Smile

Loving the theme and only using this one now.

However, found some small tweaks that would make it perfect for my use:

1. In the home-screen; I only have Videos, TV-Shows and Settings displayed. Would it be possible to only have those 3 boxes displayed and not having them go on a loop? Will post screen and describe if needed.

2. When using the List function the left box takes a lot of space for things I dont need. I know the plot of my shows and I dont need that little poster. Would much rather see more of the fan art. Would it be possible to make a feature that removes this entire box? Displayed in the screen below. I know I could use the fanart layout, but that defeats the purpose of my requests stated in previous posts.

I'm thinking in lines of this, but only having the show-list box on the left. I want it where it was originally on the right side, but maybe not so wide as it is now?:

If this would only be possible as a static feature and not one you could turn on and off I would donate some $ to Backrow to have this fixed and sent to me.

This was a lot of "demands", so I'm not expecting to get everything done obviously, but if possible it would be great and I would happily make a donation Wink

Regards

edit: I only want it done for this screen. When you go into a show the setup is fine as it is.

Ok here's a little mod which does what you've asked: TV shows listed on the right with no extra info or icons and the Home screen wraplist converted to a fixed list. Just extract the files into the corresponding skin folders.

No need to make a donation to Backrow but if you're feeling generous this seems a very good cause Megan's Quest

Cheers
Hi,

thanks for a quick respons and mod.

The homescreen is what I wanted! However, no change in the tv show department. The left box with plot and poster is still there. (I'm using the List-view, if that wasnt mentioned).

I will def make a donation to that cause.

Cheers, thanks
Nice one - if you copy over the 2 xmls in the mod to the PAL16x9 in the skin the new TV Show view "Mini List" should be there - cycle through the views and see if you can find it.
sweet, found it now. Excellent. Would it be possible to get the quick-scrollbar onto this one? Only thing thats missing now to make it perfect Big Grin Sorry for all the requests
Also, now the checked mark at watched episodes has gone away. I have the "Watched Overlay Switch" button checked, so it happend after I extracted the new files

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
some requests0