Programs & Plugins on 10b1? Gone?
I just tried updating to 10b1/dharma. it went much smoother than an earlier attempt to upgrade alpha.

but before i go nuts, what happened to all the programs/plugins?

there is a "programs" section in the default confluence skin, and there is still a folder:

~/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/

but none appear. also the "Get more" option does nothing now. I think it did the first time I tried it, but then after trying to add the "plugins" folder as a source (I know, rather random attempt), now it doesn't function.

in addition, in a random attempt to select plugins added as sources, I tried "iPhoto" which has a URL of plugin://pictures/iPhoto/. It gives the weird error "Remote Share: Could Not Connect to Remote Server". The flickr plugin did the same thing.
ctawn Wrote:I just tried updating to 10b1/dharma. it went much smoother than an earlier attempt to upgrade alpha.

but before i go nuts, what happened to all the programs/plugins?

there is a "programs" section in the default confluence skin, and there is still a folder:

~/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/

but none appear. also the "Get more" option does nothing now. I think it did the first time I tried it, but then after trying to add the "plugins" folder as a source (I know, rather random attempt), now it doesn't function.

in addition, in a random attempt to select plugins added as sources, I tried "iPhoto" which has a URL of plugin://pictures/iPhoto/. It gives the weird error "Remote Share: Could Not Connect to Remote Server". The flickr plugin did the same thing.

addons replaced plugins
can you please be kind enough to link to some docs that would be helpful in making the transition?

what about old plugins?

finally, why does the "Get More" option do nothing?
ctawn Wrote:can you please be kind enough to link to some docs that would be helpful in making the transition?

what about old plugins?

finally, why does the "Get More" option do nothing?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Addons

any old plugin needs to migrate to the addon structure.

"Get More" where ? Be specific.
Programs - Program Add-ons - Get More...
I'm wondering to
ridderdk Wrote:Programs - Program Add-ons - Get More...
I'm wondering to

System -> addons -> blah, blah first Smile
Thank You ;-)
ridderdk Wrote:Programs - Program Add-ons - Get More...
I'm wondering to

The Get More... under program add-ons link doesn't seem to work for me either. Also the Program add-ons link from the front of some skins is a bit misleading to me. On Alaska, for example, it simply says "Add-Ons" and it's hard to tell it's only talking about "Program Add-Ons". I'd have to look if this is a global problem on other skins.

You'll notice under Videos/Pictures/Music you have "Add-ons" from the main screen for each section (this is where you use the add-ons). You add them under "Settings - Add Ons." The "Get More" under those "use" sections should bring you to the appropriate "Settings - Add Ons - XXXX" so you can add some new ones.
we had forgotten a backport. fixed for final.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Programs & Plugins on 10b1? Gone?0