"NfoScrape" scraper function
Question 
While the "NfoUrl" scraper function is documented a few places on the wiki (Scrapers, HOW-TO write media info scrapers, and Import-Export Library), I was looking at the code (still thinking of building a Python scraper interface) and found invocation of a "NfoScrape" function (NfoFile.cpp, CNfoFile::Scrape) which I don't see documented anywhere. Is this a vestigial function that's not used any more, or is it an interface that should be documented? My reason for asking is to determine whether I would need to support it for Python scrapers, or if it can be removed entirely.
it can be removed, it was a failed attempt at scraping info from nfo files that ship with music video scene releases.
but in any case, you should really not design your api to only handle the currently used functions. the scraper functions are general beasts. the particular uses (movie, tvshow, musicvideo, album, artist) are semantics put on top of the general parser.
spiff Wrote:but in any case, you should really not design your api to only handle the currently used functions. the scraper functions are general beasts. the particular uses (movie, tvshow, musicvideo, album, artist) are semantics put on top of the general parser.

I don't intend to, although I think a little encapsulation is in order - e.g., exposing scraper.GetParser() seems out of line when the scraper isn't an XML parser.
Ditto with the "FileNameScrape" function (called from utils/IMDB.cpp, CIMDB::ScrapeFilename, checked for in CIMDB::InternalFindMovie)? Nothing in addons/ appears to be using it and I can't find any documentation for it.
as the name says, it's used for scraping filenames. useful as a last resort with music videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"NfoScrape" scraper function0