Is SVN database newer than Dharma?
Ever since troubleshooting a trac ticket I created 2 months back, I've been building my own XBMC builds from the main trunk. Today I downloaded Dharma Beta 1 to help with troubleshooting and I'm getting a script.recentlyadded failed message. Looking at the logs I noticed:

ERROR: Can't open the database MyVideos34.db as it is a NEWER version than what we were expecting!

I'm assuming my SVN builds have updated my database versions. Is there any way around this? Will I be able to use the Dharma Final with my current databases?
What version is your database? You may be able to downgrade it quite simply - it depends on when you last built trunk.

Use sqlitespy or similar to take a nosy in the version table.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:What version is your database? You may be able to downgrade it quite simply - it depends on when you last built trunk.

Use sqlitespy or similar to take a nosy in the version table.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I have a few versions according to sqlitespy. My current database is 42. My main backup is 41 and I also have an ancient backup (before the addon system I believe) that is 34.

My music library is very dear to me. I've spent countless hours tweaking it. Playcounts, ratings, etc... I'd rather not have to wipe the past few months of music playback.

I usually update the SVN every day or two depending what updates the timeline shows.
Music hasn't been updated for ages. The update to version 42 of the video db just dropped the streamdetails table, so you can easily just change the version to 41 without issues. You were simply unlikely to use trunk after I pushed that change (and after Dharma Beta1 is already out). Dharma Beta2 will have that change in it as well.

update version set iVersion=41

Or something similar.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is SVN database newer than Dharma?0