[HELP] Dharma Beta Skin Issues
Below is a user problem with Dharma Beta that I have tested and found to be true in my Legacy Dark skin. I then replicated in Confluence and all is fine. I really have no idea why this would be happening and it does not in any previous build (tested as well). If anyone can get my in the right direction, I would love to get this bug worked out....especially the shutdown issue. Thanks to anyone who can help

"I'm running beta - 1 of Dharma and the latest version of LegacyDark. I think I've spotted a couple of bugs and I also have a feature request.

There appears to be an issue bringing up the systems menu using the S key under certain circumstances. For eg, if I log in with a profile then immediately press S everything works as it should. If I then scroll the home menu items left or right, then S no longer brings up the menu. When this happens the only way to sign out is to hit the power off icon. When this happens, the same is true of pressing C for the context menu. I'm wondering if their is a focus issue here.

On occasion (doesn't always happen) if I'm in the movie library and press the down arrow (so that I can scroll left and right really fast) I'm not able to return to normal scrolling by pressing the up arrow. The only way to return to normal scrolling when this happens is to exit the library.

When profiles are active and you start XBMC the first profile doesn't immediately have focus. So for example you have to press enter twice to launch the first profile in the list. However, if when you launch XBMC you press right arrow to select the second profile then this doesn't occur."
Do you have a 'Kiosk' mode?
Yes I do. I only coded it to work with my media panel for switching views within the browser. I never added anything to to context menu's or shutdown dialog.
OK, just wondering whether he'd enabled it without realising.
I might just have to hope that future revisions work the problem out for me.....
I have been trying to get to the bottom of this issue but I can not seem to see why it is happening. I tried to replicate it in Confluence, but it does not happedn. I tried it with Alaska tonight and realized Alaska shares the same issue.

First I launch xbmc to the login screen, and select a user. I immediately hit "s" and choose log out.

Next I choose the 2nd user and login. I immediately hit "s" again and choose log out.

I then choose the 1st user and login. Now when I hit "s" the dialog will not come up. I go into library window and still nothing. If I go back to home it still does not work as well. I tested it on severl version before Dharma Beta and the issue never happens.

Below is my debug, but I don't seem to see what is causing this. I would really appreciate any help that can be given.

http://pastebin.com/0UEtUCBs
Hi,

I have been having this problem with the windows build using Transparency skin for a 'long' time. On my previous htpc build using xp I had this problem several months ago. Then I stopped using profiles, but now I have tested again on a new htpc using win7 with the latest Dharma builds again (still using Transparency) and the problem is still there.
As there are very few reports of this in the forum I simply presumed I did something wrong, but now it look like it is a xbmc or a skin issue.

Can't help you with a solution, but atleast I can confirm that other skins also have this issue.
Should a trac ticket be opened or is this a skin issue that is being overlooked by everyone except for Jezz?
I am not knocking Aeon but I was always having problem until I shifted to Dharma B3 as well as Transparency. Its powerful and elegant...

I also came across a bug and being a Noob, forgive if this was to be posted elsewhere...

Here is are two bugs I found...
AMD64/4GB/1.5TB/9500GT/Win7/Dharma Beta 3/Transparency 3.x

Bug one:
=======
I created two users: Hollywood and International

When I click on shutdown icon and then click on log off I get to the next log in and I logged in successfully as Hollywood.

Then the shutdown button on the right bottom became not click able and lost all its functionality.

Bug two:
If I leave computer under settings it goes into Dim instead of slide show. All other places it goes to Slideshow.
BTW, for DVD play I have set it to time out to DIM as it did not offer slideshow as an option...

Best Regards

fundseth Wrote:Hi,

I have been having this problem with the windows build using Transparency skin for a 'long' time. On my previous htpc build using xp I had this problem several months ago. Then I stopped using profiles, but now I have tested again on a new htpc using win7 with the latest Dharma builds again (still using Transparency) and the problem is still there.
As there are very few reports of this in the forum I simply presumed I did something wrong, but now it look like it is a xbmc or a skin issue.

Can't help you with a solution, but atleast I can confirm that other skins also have this issue.
im a bit late to the party, but figured out the cause of the profiles/shutdown issue.

all affected skins Aeon/Alaska/BackRow/...there may be more,
add this to the profile logoff button in DialogButtonMenu.xml:

Code:
    [b]<onclick>dialog.close(all,true)</onclick>[/b]
    <onclick>system.logoff</onclick>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Nice one ronie.
since we're discussing issues affecting multiple skins,
also check (and fix if needed) this one:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post649273
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks a bunch Ronie! I had started doing different things with DialogButtonMenu.xml in Solace and I thought that the changes that I made to it somehow did this. I couldn't figure it out and I'm a little too shy to ask around.

cheers,
-DOTW
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
SeaSonic Platinum 860W PSU - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - 8TB storage
Mouse- Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Keyboard- Mad Catz V.7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HELP] Dharma Beta Skin Issues0