reFocus 0.8.8 skin crashes XBMC
Hi,

Loving the skin but I'm finding it crashes XBMC (dharma beta, OSX) when I view a few of my TV shows (3rd Rock, CSI NY) in slide view. The point it crashes at is when I try to view the seasons for a show. Nothing gets put into the debug log that is any different to viewing a working show and a crashlog is produced. I've checked other skins and I don't see the issue with them with the same shows.

I've tried rescanning the shows and removed the viewmodes.db but that didn't solve it. The crash only happens when I'm displaying posters, when I'm displaying fanart instead it goes to the season screen fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks
I have not experienced any crashing myself, but I did come across a little error in one of the xml's that involves the poster based slide view.

Could you do me a favor and open viewsvideo.xml, and go to around line 1019 (give or take a couple of lines). It has a redundant <visible></visible> there. Could you delete that line and see if that helps?
XBMC should ignore any <visible> tag that comes after an earlier <visible> and it definitely shouldn't crash, but it's the only thing I can think of.
Nope, that didn't fix it Sad

It's really odd that its 100% repeatable on 3 or 4 shows out of 175 and not reproduceable in fanart mode or with other skins on the same problematic shows.

I might try completely removing the show and metadata and letting it scan it again to see if that makes any difference.
Is it crashing while getting the meta information (flags)? Debug log should tell. If so, disable meta-info extraction and give it another try.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Weavus Wrote:Nope, that didn't fix it Sad

It's really odd that its 100% repeatable on 3 or 4 shows out of 175 and not reproduceable in fanart mode or with other skins on the same problematic shows.

I might try completely removing the show and metadata and letting it scan it again to see if that makes any difference.

Yes, very weird. Basically a skin shouldn't be able to crash XBMC at all. If there's big errors in a certain xml XBMC justs refuses to render it and shows a black screen. Plus, it would be 100% reproducible, for anyone using it.

If removing the shows doesn't help would you mind posting a debug log in the general help and support section? XBMC devs will probably be more capable of locating the problem, but I'll keep an eye on it too.

edit: or post here if XBMC devs are watching Wink
The debug log does not say anything apart from a warning but googling that did not suggest its an issue and I don't think it could be the metadata extraction as the same show does not crash XBMC if I'm viewing slide mode with fanart rather than posters.

Code:
19:42:42 T:2696762624 M:226017280   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (videodb://2/2/240/)
19:42:42 T:2696762624 M:226017280   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [videodb://2/2/]
19:42:42 T:2958221312 M:226041856   DEBUG: GetStackedTvShowList query: select idShow from tvshow where c00 like (select c00 from tvshow where idShow=240) order by idShow
19:42:42 T:2958221312 M:226054144   DEBUG: GetSeasonsNav query: select episode.c12,path.strPath,tvshow.c00,tvshow.c08,tvshow.c14,tvshow.c13,count(1),count(files.playCount) from episode join tvshowlinkepisode on tvshowlinkepisode.idEpisode=episode.idEpisode join tvshow on tvshow.idShow=tvshowlinkepisode.idShow join files on files.idFile=episode.idFile  join tvshowlinkpath on tvshowlinkpath.idShow = tvshow.idShow join path on path.idPath = tvshowlinkpath.idPath where tvshow.idShow = 240  group by episode.c12
19:42:42 T:2958221312 M:226054144   DEBUG: GetMoviesByWhere query: select * from movieview join movielinktvshow on movielinktvshow.idMovie=movieview.idMovie where movielinktvshow.idShow = 240
19:42:42 T:2696762624 M:226054144   DEBUG: WindowVideoNav::GetDirectory
19:42:42 T:2696762624 M:226050048   DEBUG: Saving fileitems [videodb://2/2/240/]
19:42:42 T:2696762624 M:226050048   DEBUG:   -- items: 6, sort method: 22, ascending: true
19:42:42 T:2696762624 M:226050048 WARNING: GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 11
19:42:42 T:2953850880 M:226062336   DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0

CrashLog
Any dev willing to take a look at this? I really can't make anything out of this No
Jeroen Wrote:Any dev willing to take a look at this? I really can't make anything out of this No
Perhaps you could try having Desperate Housewives, Futurama or CSI NY in your TV library and see if it crashes for you (you could setup some dummy files and scrape them if you don't have any real episodes). It might be just an OSX issue however, I imagine your on Win32 or Linux?
Looks like a divide by zero (or divide by something really, really small) to me - it won't affect release builds which is why Jeroen won't be seeing it.

I'll grab the skin and see if I can reproduce. In the meantime, if you could work on getting a smaller test case (eg does it happen if you only have a single particular show in your library? Does it happen if you reduce that show down to just one season (disable flattening)? One episode?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

After some testing it seems all the problem shows have 6 seasons. If I remove any of the seasons from the show and clean the db the problem goes away, re-add the season and it crashes again, add another season and the problem goes away.

Should be fairly easy to reproduce with this minimal test case that works for me http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1578210/CSI%20NY.zip (12kb).
Thanks for the test set - will grab and test today.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Cheers Jonathan. I'll be interested to know what seems to be causing this to happen specifically with reFocus.
Couldn't reproduce, but r33535 *might* fix it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:Couldn't reproduce, but r33535 *might* fix it.
Yes the latest build has fixed the issue.

Many thanks.
Great - thanks for letting us know Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.8.8 skin crashes XBMC0