Cable Card Question
Has anyone tried or know if the ceton infinitv 4 cable card will work with XBMC. Kind of interested in buying this card for my future HTPC build.
That would be up to what back-end you choose to use. XBMC acts as the front-end.
As of now the PVR stuff got pushed to the next release (at the soonest) so its not gonna work with Dharma.

And even with that said, usually XBMC has trouble with DRM. That is why XBMC can't play the newest Blu Rays or iTunes videos- its an open source project so anything that is DRM usually works poorly with it.

Cablecard is basically DRM. Its the content providers attempt at closing the "analogue hole." As far as I know no open source backend works with cable cards- only pay for Windows software (and EyeTV) does.

So my prediction is that I wouldn't expect any of the open source backends to support that card soon, or anytime in the next five years....

There is one exception, and that is on content that is not flagged. Read more here:

http://www.geektonic.com/2010/08/cableca...o-non.html

I was thinking of using NPVR as my backend or could i just use XBMC as my frontend and launch media center when I want to watch TV. Would I need Event Ghost for this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cable Card Question0