XBMC Library Update and NFS problems
Hi All,

Let me start by saying I've read the FAQ, Wiki and searched. Sad I promise!

I'm a long-time user of both linux and XBMC, but I've run into a head-scratcher. As I set up my newest HTPC, I decided to use NFS instead of Samba for a share.

NFS works fine, seemingly...playback is fine, particularly through the "Videos" menu, and initial library scans work great. I set it to re-scan directories and update the library on start-up, and....nothing.

It never finds new files in the update scan - but it DOES if I "refresh" the individual TV shows. It doesn't matter how I prompt the "update library", be it the web interface or a restart or in the system menu. If I delete the whole TV library, the re-scan to rebuild it will pick up every episode, and then won't update for future additions - again, if I right-click the TV show and say "Refresh", it will re-download EVERYTHING for ALL eps of the TV show including the new ones.

I'm not sure why this behavior, because the new files do show up under videos and do show up if I manually refresh the TV show as a whole. But the "update library" just isn't catching things - at all.

The same library works just fine if using Samba, but I'd like to not do that. I've tried updating to Dharma beta but the same problem still exists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
sabbato753 Wrote:Hi All,

Let me start by saying I've read the FAQ, Wiki and searched. Sad I promise!

I'm a long-time user of both linux and XBMC, but I've run into a head-scratcher. As I set up my newest HTPC, I decided to use NFS instead of Samba for a share.

NFS works fine, seemingly...playback is fine, particularly through the "Videos" menu, and initial library scans work great. I set it to re-scan directories and update the library on start-up, and....nothing.

It never finds new files in the update scan - but it DOES if I "refresh" the individual TV shows. It doesn't matter how I prompt the "update library", be it the web interface or a restart or in the system menu. If I delete the whole TV library, the re-scan to rebuild it will pick up every episode, and then won't update for future additions - again, if I right-click the TV show and say "Refresh", it will re-download EVERYTHING for ALL eps of the TV show including the new ones.

I'm not sure why this behavior, because the new files do show up under videos and do show up if I manually refresh the TV show as a whole. But the "update library" just isn't catching things - at all.

The same library works just fine if using Samba, but I'd like to not do that. I've tried updating to Dharma beta but the same problem still exists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anything in the xbmc.log file about failed attempts to write, are the NFS shares open as read/write? Although that doesnt explain why they would update when running a scan for new content (?) option on the show folder.

How have you set up the video sources settings, are they set as scan automatically?

Will help if I can.

Cheers

Ed
Are you mounting the NFS share to a local folder or just browsing to it when setting up the library?

If you are mounting the NFS share to the local dir, try unmount, remount then update the library and see if it works.

I have seen something like this but it only seemed to occur when I added content via SMB from my Win7 PC. The NFS share on xbmc would not see it until I rebooted xbmc (which you seemed to have done) or remount the NFS share. I did not confirm with just files view (video).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Library Update and NFS problems0