• 4(current)
AirPlay target support integrated into XBMC natively?
got it working, but the only thing i'm able to play are videos stored in the ipod part of my iphone, youtube or cameraroll or other 3rd party video apps don't work
but it is awesome!!!

i used air home video on the iphone to airplay videos from cameraroll - works GREAT!!! this is awesome!!!
one problem is for some reason after playing one video it stops working with this exception in the terminal: "exceptions.UnboundLocalError: local variable 'durationString' referenced before assignment" and when i try to run the play2wifi.py i get - the port is already in use. tried restarting avahi and it didn't help, had to reboot to get it working again
thanks a lot for this Smile
logictester:

sudo killall python -9

that should kill the python script Smile

Blieb thanx voor the info didnt know php was executable
logictester Wrote:got it working, but the only thing i'm able to play are videos stored in the ipod part of my iphone, youtube or cameraroll or other 3rd party video apps don't work
but it is awesome!!!

Just so you know, this is a limitation of AirPlay right now. If you're Jailbroken, there are various ways to enable AirPlay in any app, but stock iOS firmware won't let you do it currently.

Very excited to see progress on this project! Smile
air home video app allows you to stream your camera roll videos over airplay and it works great, the only problem is that it only plays one video and fails on second and i have to restart the python script to make it run again, i'll test other airplay enablers to see which one allows you to stream 3rd party apps and safari to XBMC

UPDATE: airvideo enabler allows streaming of safari and 3rd party apps, unfortunatly the only thing i was able to airplay was apple.com video, youtube or 3rd party apps are unable to stream, even though the terminal window shows the video position it just stays there and does not progress and XBMC doesn't show anything.
after almost every video played over airplay i get this exception in the terminal window:

--- <exception caught here> ---
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/selectreactor.py", line 146, in _doReadOrWrite
why = getattr(selectable, method)()
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 460, in doRead
return self.protocol.dataReceived(data)
File "play2wifi.py", line 176, in dataReceived
duration, position = self.getPlayerPosition()
File "play2wifi.py", line 255, in getPlayerPosition
return durationString, positionString
exceptions.UnboundLocalError: local variable 'durationString' referenced before assignment
This solves the avahi depency on windows, run this in cmd.exe and your iDevice now detect your pc as a target for airplay (shows the little button in the videoplayer and pictureviewer)

dns-sd.exe -R <name> <domain> <port>
"c:\windows\system32\dns-sd.exe -R texaco _airplay._tcp . 225555"
logictester Wrote:air home video app allows you to stream your camera roll videos over airplay and it works great, the only problem is that it only plays one video and fails on second and i have to restart the python script to make it run again, i'll test other airplay enablers to see which one allows you to stream 3rd party apps and safari to XBMC

UPDATE: airvideo enabler allows streaming of safari and 3rd party apps, unfortunatly the only thing i was able to airplay was apple.com video, youtube or 3rd party apps are unable to stream, even though the terminal window shows the video position it just stays there and does not progress and XBMC doesn't show anything.
after almost every video played over airplay i get this exception in the terminal window:

--- <exception caught here> ---
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/selectreactor.py", line 146, in _doReadOrWrite
why = getattr(selectable, method)()
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 460, in doRead
return self.protocol.dataReceived(data)
File "play2wifi.py", line 176, in dataReceived
duration, position = self.getPlayerPosition()
File "play2wifi.py", line 255, in getPlayerPosition
return durationString, positionString
exceptions.UnboundLocalError: local variable 'durationString' referenced before assignment

I get the same exception on every video
drivesoslow Wrote:I get the same exception on every video

same here
anyone able to play youtube or other .m3u8 streams?
Guys,

I've also created a solution to make XBMC Airplay compatible. It runs on both Linux and Mac OS X, I didn't test Windows yet, but with a few small adjustments it should be possible to run it on Windows too.

It's still a bit rough though, I didn't have the time to polish it yet. You can read the README to see how to get it going. It currently supports playing videos from the Youtube app, and displaying pictures from the Pictures app.

What currently doesn't work is scrubing/seeking through movies, didn't have the time to implement that yet. It'll probably follow later on today.

Any feedback is welcome!

You can find the source at https://github.com/PascalW/Airplayer.

And a movie demonstrating it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wEKc9vdfnA
Got to the point where I could start the script (from the shell). iPhone recognizes XBMClive as host for AirPlay.
The script however runs into a 401 http error and stops after accessing the URL opener.

Has noone encountered this? How can I tell the web server to not require authentication? Thanks for any help!
kalesco Wrote:Got to the point where I could start the script (from the shell). iPhone recognizes XBMClive as host for AirPlay.
The script however runs into a 401 http error and stops after accessing the URL opener.

Has noone encountered this? How can I tell the web server to not require authentication? Thanks for any help!

I've just pushed a commit to Github which implements authentication to XBMC. You can set your username and password in the settings.py file.
i get this when trying to run pip:
root@XBMCLive:/home/xbmc/scripts/AirPlayer# pip install -r requirements.txt
Unknown option: r
Unknown or unsupported command 'install'

can't find anything on google about that....
logictester Wrote:i get this when trying to run pip:
root@XBMCLive:/home/xbmc/scripts/AirPlayer# pip install -r requirements.txt
Unknown option: r
Unknown or unsupported command 'install'

can't find anything on google about that....

it works here on xbmclive, what version of pip are you using? (pip --version)
PWiddershoven Wrote:Guys,

I've also created a solution to make XBMC Airplay compatible. It runs on both Linux and Mac OS X, I didn't test Windows yet, but with a few small adjustments it should be possible to run it on Windows too.

It's still a bit rough though, I didn't have the time to polish it yet. You can read the README to see how to get it going. It currently supports playing videos from the Youtube app, and displaying pictures from the Pictures app.

What currently doesn't work is scrubing/seeking through movies, didn't have the time to implement that yet. It'll probably follow later on today.

Any feedback is welcome!

You can find the source at https://github.com/PascalW/XBMC-Airplayer.

And a movie demonstrating it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wEKc9vdfnA

It works great! Youtube and video in iPod can be played, Only the Photo lib does not work, when I choose the airplay device. I don't see it on the tv Sad

Can I also run this script as daemon?
@logictester

Update your pip, you're probably using an old version.

@Blieb
Pictures should work, but you should be running airplayer on the same machine as where you're XBMC instance runs. Picture streaming does not work to remote hosts.

Yes you can run it as a daemon. I'll create a init script for Ubuntu soon.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay target support integrated into XBMC natively?3