ION2 and Dharma?
pico Wrote:@openelec.tv

Installation without any problem, very fast startup... no hdmi-audio
why xbmc reports only 1 CPU? Atom525 is DualCore i think

some error messages on startup openelec.tv

the message about framebuffer is known... for a nicer startup:

- login via ssh to this box (username: root password: openelec)
- remount the /flash as r/w with
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /flash
- edit /flash/extlinux.conf with vi or nano and add "vga=792" to the APPEND line (without quotes)
- reboot

the other two messages are not known by me, maybe thats your problem (also with showing only one CPU). can you also login via ssh and send me the output from 'dmesg'?
greetings, Stephan

pico Wrote:hi, i just get my jetway last week and tried to start dharma or dharma from xbmcfreak and also original ubuntu 10.04.1.... and run exactly into the same issue like geeba...

My System:
1x Jetway Mini-TOP D525 52W-BW ion2 System
1x ExtremeMemory XLR8 60Gb SSD
2x Elixir S0-DIMM DDR-2 800Mhz

1. Windows 7 work with no problems
2. Dharma Live Beta 1 from XBMC *NOT WORKING*
3. Dharma Live Beta 1 from XbmcFreak.nl *NOT WORKING*
4. Ubuntu 10.04.1 from Ubuntu *NOT WORKING*
5. XBMC Live 9.11 Rev14 from XbmcFreak.nl *Working with no Sound out of the Box*

i think the problem is the old kernel in dharma and ubuntu,
is there any way to install it clean with a newer kernel?

Aha!!! Big Grin glad it wasnt just me... I did try for hours but my Linux knowledge is limited... I have exactly the same... any Dharma build will not boot... Camelot Live works but no Audio at all... windows 7 works fantastically well...

I gave up and installed windows7 x64 last night... pretty gutted it just not what I want if I'm going to get the Mrs to use it.
Geeba Wrote:I gave up and installed windows7 x64 last night... pretty gutted it just not what I want if I'm going to get the Mrs to use it.

Geeba - Can you explain this comment further please. I'm also having a really frustrating time getting a live linux version to work properly and have thought about giving windows 7 a go - but it costs even more money and last I heard de-interlacing didn't work - something I need. Why wouldn't the mrs use it? What are the downsides? (Sorry if this is a little OT).
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:Geeba - Can you explain this comment further please. I'm also having a really frustrating time getting a live linux version to work properly and have thought about giving windows 7 a go - but it costs even more money and last I heard de-interlacing didn't work - something I need. Why wouldn't the mrs use it? What are the downsides? (Sorry if this is a little OT).

Hiya KidKiwi - Like you (your sig) I'm an old Xbox user... the Mrs has got used to flicking a switch and 10 seconds later picking up a fully functioning remote and browsing for something nice to watch.... I was trying to get as close as I could to this.. so the natural choice would be Live... but it has turned into a nightmare... Dharma will install but wont boot... Camelot will boot but I get no sound... So I installed Win7 (luckily I have a TechNet account) to try. I can get everything working in a fashion. but remotes and keyboards are a pain... you cant drive Win7 from a remote.. so you need a keyboard... not good with a toddler in the house.. then the Harmony is not correct and it has a bad laggy feel to it. and windows doing what windows does its forever trying to update or do something in the background which will pop up right in the middle of a movie and I cant get it to disappear without once again reaching for the keyboard... if I'm out having a few beers with my friends I can guarantee the Mrs will be on the phone at some point... Eek

Dont get me wrong... it works and XBMC is of course wonderfull.... but it just doesnt have the appliance feel to it for me.
pecinko Wrote:Those pictures below are looking like some kind of XBMC??

Yep... but trust me its BAD! LOL! Laugh
Geeba Wrote:Hiya KidKiwi - Like you (your sig) I'm an old Xbox user... the Mrs has got used to flicking a switch and 10 seconds later picking up a fully functioning remote and browsing for something nice to watch.... I was trying to get as close as I could to this.. so the natural choice would be Live... but it has turned into a nightmare... Dharma will install but wont boot... Camelot will boot but I get no sound... So I installed Win7 (luckily I have a TechNet account) to try. I can get everything working in a fashion. but remotes and keyboards are a pain... you cant drive Win7 from a remote.. so you need a keyboard... not good with a toddler in the house.. then the Harmony is not correct and it has a bad laggy feel to it. and windows doing what windows does its forever trying to update or do something in the background which will pop up right in the middle of a movie and I cant get it to disappear without once again reaching for the keyboard... if I'm out having a few beers with my friends I can guarantee the Mrs will be on the phone at some point... Eek

Dont get me wrong... it works and XBMC is of course wonderfull.... but it just doesnt have the appliance feel to it for me.

Well...I'm still an Xbox user. Big Grin Best $129 I ever spent - unlike the pile a sh*t I've spent over $800 on - and it still doesn't work!

I've just brought an Ion M'b and got live to boot, but having other issues that give me major headaches. Haven't even moved it in to the TV room yet - still too many issues. So much for the media appliance with linux!

I heard Win7 was going okay (except for de-interlace), but I'd have to buy a version I try it (dont' know of a trial d/l?). I thought a MCE remote would've worked. Lot of stuff in a big O/S like Windoze thoughRolleyes

Looks like I'll be sticking with the Xbox for some time to come. I don't have time to get a Phd in computer science just to figure the damn thing out.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:Well...I'm still an Xbox user. Big Grin Best $129 I ever spent - unlike the pile a sh*t I've spent over $800 on - and it still doesn't work!

I've just brought an Ion M'b and got live to boot, but having other issues that give me major headaches. Haven't even moved it in to the TV room yet - still too many issues. So much for the media appliance with linux!

I heard Win7 was going okay (except for de-interlace), but I'd have to buy a version I try it (dont' know of a trial d/l?). I thought a MCE remote would've worked. Lot of stuff in a big O/S like Windoze thoughRolleyes

Looks like I'll be sticking with the Xbox for some time to come. I don't have time to get a Phd in computer science just to figure the damn thing out.

Yep pretty much in the same boat.. when I said "old Xbox user" I meant me being old! Laugh LOL!

The Xbox is still my weapon of choice in the lounge to... I've not tried the de-interlacing stuff in windows... its pretty much a default install except enabling DXVA2, region, shares etc.... if I was you I would look on one of the well know download site... demon/bay Wink and download a TechNet unmolested version of Win7 to trial... then if you like it you can buy it Wink
Yep Win7 is a tad on the large side as an underlying OS but its pretty good on resources these days... I'm running it on old P4's with a gig of RAM and they work pretty well... stick M$ Security Essentials on and dont install anything else like all the Live stuff... I edited the startup as well so it only boots essential stuff... its not bad, but not really where I want to be. Blush
I think my Revo is an ION2, and it boots Dharma fine.
I had similar issues with mine, when I tried certain types of RAM, do you have another stick you can try in it? Even it is tiny (1gig) and slow it will let you eliminate that side of it.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
^ If you're referring to the Revo 1600 in your sig, that's an ION1. Smile
Pico has different memory from me but still get the same issues with exactly the same versions... he also has a different SSD... only thing that they have in common is ION2
openelec.tv Wrote:Hi Pico,

only of interest...

you want try OpenELEC.tv and give me some feedback if it works (what works, what not)?

see also this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=602...tcount=418

or http://www.openelec.tv
for support #openelec on freenode (or with the webchat frontend or forum on http://www.openelec.tv)

Openelec.tv - does your version support the "C-Media CM108AH Audio" found in the jetway? Just curious as I've spent soooooo long on this already... if it doesnt then its a non starter really.. Confused
Geeba, I have the same Jetway Mini-Top that you do. I just got it set up with the openelec.tv build. I have not tested it fully to find out what all is working and what is not, but hopefully we can help each other out. If you come across any fixes for your setup let me know and I will do the same.
@prostuff: do you use hdmi-audio?

@geeba: i hope to get my jetway working next weekend...
new system in the house...
pico Wrote:@prostuff: do you use hdmi-audio?

I will be testing that out in the next couple days. Don't have a lot of time to spend testing right now but if i get a chance i will test it tonight and report back.
pico Wrote:@prostuff: do you use hdmi-audio?

@geeba: i hope to get my jetway working next weekend...

pico, can you test the generic image if its work better with audio?

FYI: the generic image has included much more drivers as the ION image. so please test with this first. Maybe i must only add some drivers to the ION image.
greetings, Stephan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ION2 and Dharma?0