Hide Trailers from Library
A lot of my movies have trailers in the their folder, with the moviename-trailer.avi naming convention. For some reason XBMC scrapes all the trailers as separate entries in my movie library, as well as allowing them to be played through the trailer button in the actual movie info. So how do I "hide" the trailers from the Movie library?

Background:
I'm running XBMC Live on a little Atom/ION box, streaming movies etc from my Windows Home Server. I have all movies in their own folders, with the following naming convention : Moviename (year)

Sorry, posted in the wrong section. Can a mod please move this to the "XBMC General Help and Support" section?
have you tried
A good amount of the forum users use locally stored <moviename>-trailer, myself included, and I have never had or seen a post of a problem.

A debug log while scanning would give us the Devs the answers they would need...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
As mcborzu said, I log would be great. Also, are you sure you are in Library mode and not Files?
-stoli-
m3g4tr0n Wrote:have you tried

Those settings didn't work exactly, but they did lead me in the right direction and I found the following thread (Trailer files keep showing up... Must be doing something wrong...) which had the solution. I had to add the following to the advancedsettings.xml file :

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Now it's scanning properly again. Yay! Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide Trailers from Library0