[WINDOWS] Very slow performance
- Acer Travelmate 290E laptop
- WinXP SP3 + DirectX 9c SDK (apr/may 2010 ish)
- 1.3Ghz Pentium M
- 256MB RAM (512 in next day or so)
- 855GM gfx (that's the chipset id i think, but you get the idea)

tried latest (9.11) but got all-white movie playback so dropped down to 9.04 (i think). Switching to classic PM III skin helped with performance but menu navigation is a dog, seems like the mouse is moving about a second behind. When playing mp3s over LAN it stutters whenever you try to move around the menus (e.g. making a playlist on the fly) either with keyboard or mouse

Seems like the UI is just eating the entire system resources for no good reason. Note that I'm complaining bout GUI speed issues, surely i dont need a megablaster of a video card just to show a few buttons and a list of files?

XBMC on xbox on exact same LAN has none of these issues, i have been using it for years and am a very happy customer in that regard!
The "all white playback" is because your graphics chipset doesn't support the Pixel Shader 2.0 api requird by XBMC v9.11. You might want to try the Dharma beta as I believer this has a workaround for older GPUs like yours. XBMC v9.04 used OpenGL for the display and I'd guess that your graphics chipset doesn't support accelerated OpenGL. Again Dharma beta 1 might help as it uses DirectX not OpenGL. Note however that you won't be able to play 1080p videos, though most 720p videos should play.

JR
Thanks, will try a different dharma and see if that helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Very slow performance0