Wrong aspect after upgrade to SVN
Hi.
Sorry if this is a well known problem, couldn't seem to find any relevant thread.

After upgrading from dharma to svn and at the same time upgrading from Maverick to Natty (Yes I know. Really stupid to do two upgrades at the same time...) suddenly the aspect ratio of xbmc is wrong. It's just like it thinks my 16:9 screen is 4:3, so 4:3 movies is pulled out across entire screen and 16:9 movies get top/bottom black borders.

I suspect Xorg is doing something fancy here. Not even quite sure it's showing the correct resolution (the tv is 1920x1080). Where do I check that?

The driver used is intel.

/Daniel

edit: Ok. Stupid. Systems info of course. Well, now I know the problem. It's running in 1024x768. Guess this means this isn't a xbmc problem but a Xorg problem... Anybody has any clue anyway why it would do this?
*sigh* Trying to find the problem here, but now I discovered that since the Natty upgrade Xorg doesn't even generate any log file anymore. I don't understand anything. Am I the only one with a htpc that acts this strange?

/Daniel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong aspect after upgrade to SVN0