[Zbox] What build should I install?
Just registered to enjoy the magic that XBMC brings to many homes. I just got my Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 and almost finished my Windows XP installation on a partition of my Solid State Disk. I'll be using Windows for gaming on my TV or any other Windows App.

I would link to install XBMC on a Linux distribution to ensure a quick startup and avoid Windows frustration. Therefore i'm looking for the best build that I could use. I have some experience installing Ubuntu and controling some webservers. Other than that Linux is new to me. And the amount of information and possibilities are quiet overwhelming on this forum (which is good). I already read the sticky post on the precompiled builds, but i'm not sure if that is what is should use.

Are there any other Zbox user that have installed a certain build / distribution they suggest looking into, especially for Zbox HD-ID11 users? Or is there anybody with some pointers to get me started. I would like to install linux from a USB flash drive and i'm not sure what build to choose.
I'd rock the XBMCFreak-Live version. but not sure how you are going to go about dual booting. it will either boot into xp or xbmc-live or you will have to tell grub which OS you want to boot to when the menu pops up.

that grub menu on my laptop that has win7 and Ubuntu desktop 10.04 is NOT a fast booting machine, probably because the grub menu has a timer so I can pick which OS to boot to, by default it boots to win7 for the WAF.

-=Jason=-
Thanks for pointing that out. I've got the same damn Grub Loader on my pc at work. I wonder if it is possible to configure it in such way that i'de have to tap a button in order to have it interfere with my choice of OS.

I could also just run XBMC on Windows. I'm afraid however that it will slow down as I add games and application to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Zbox] What build should I install?0