Thread Closed
  •  Previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3(current)
  • 4
  • 5
  • 38
  • Next 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker
#31
PasiZ Wrote:Does anyone else encounter very slow response with mysql?? I have one mediacenter that acts like fileserver and tv grabber. If I put mysql option on, another mc gets stucked (like movies library opening could take about 30 seconds?). This is very annoying.

Ah...finally someone with the same problem Smile
Had this on my X-Mas Wishlist.
#32
Croaker Wrote:Ah...finally someone with the same problem Smile
Had this on my X-Mas Wishlist.

I've heard that name resolution could be causing this at the MySQL level so try disabling this by setting skip_name_resolve to true on the MySQL server.
#33
hitman Wrote:I've heard that name resolution could be causing this at the MySQL level so try disabling this by setting skip_name_resolve to true on the MySQL server.

Will try that! Thanks for this hint!
#34
Croaker Wrote:Ah...finally someone with the same problem Smile
Had this on my X-Mas Wishlist.

Also when using SMB:// paths and mysql, android remote tells that movies and tv-show database is empty...

Ideas?
#35
I was going to echo Croaker's comment about awful performance, until I realized that Windows Firewall was blocking access to the Mysql server, which was causing the HTPC clients to run really slow.

Adding an exception for port 3306 fixed the problem Smile
#36
PasiZ Wrote:Also when using SMB:// paths and mysql, android remote tells that movies and tv-show database is empty...

Ideas?

Same behaviour in windows / linux xbmc, using dharma beta 4

TV-shows database is ok, but movies are not listed ( via filebrowse i can see them, but library says no movies ).

-P
#37
hitman Wrote:I've heard that name resolution could be causing this at the MySQL level so try disabling this by setting skip_name_resolve to true on the MySQL server.

Yep, fixes the slowdown prob.
#38
tried both: skip_dns and windows firewall, but no luck
perhaps i expect too much when i mean that 3 seconds loading time for 660 movies are too much?!
this is via 100MBit LAN + WIFI (draft n)
what's speed at your side?
#39
I just set this up on my WHS and have connected two pcs to the databases. The only issue i had was as others had said, i needed to pass the mysql port through the firewall on the WHS. Everything runs snappy and clean. LOVE IT!!!

Question...I have one old XBOX running xbmc in the house. Anyone know if this will work on the xbox??

Oh, and i also tried the the Linked folder approach for the Thumbails folder, so there would be one source on my server. This as well worked perfectly, but you can see a slight lag in loading fanart and posters. especially when skipping though a lot of movies. i love the idea of having a single source for this but am not sure if i am going to keep the setup or not. gonna play with it some more and see if the lag is annoying or not really that noticable.
#40
I am still testing this before going live on my Mian HTPC's I have it working fine on the test bed BUT still no update.
Did i miss something Ive read through everything and aprt from the Edit recently added script (i cant find where) I dont see any other answers ?
Is it updating ok for everybody else IE recently added.
#41
yes the recently added updates for me.
#42
Thermos Wrote:yes the recently added updates for me.

Can I ask what Version and skin your running Thanks
#43
sorry for the late reply ram2000. i am running Darhma RC1 and the skin Night.
#44
It took me the best part of three days to find the one word in the MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library thread to get the centralised database working properly; so I figure it's worthwhile putting the solution here. The word is "latin1".

Initially, following the Lifehacker instructions looked like they worked, but I couldn't select Library Mode, and I couldn't show the "TV Shows" and "Movies" options on the main menu. It was all in the character/collation schema. It's now set to "latin1_general_ci" and it's all working fine (after deleting and recreating the relevent sources).

I assume it's all in the different representation of special characters between latin1 and my original selection of utf8...
#45
Def_Proc Wrote:It took me the best part of three days to find the one word in the MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library thread to get the centralised database working properly; so I figure it's worthwhile putting the solution here. The word is "latin1".

Initially, following the Lifehacker instructions looked like they worked, but I couldn't select Library Mode, and I couldn't show the "TV Shows" and "Movies" options on the main menu. It was all in the character/collation schema. It's now set to "latin1_general_ci" and it's all working fine (after deleting and recreating the relevent sources).

I assume it's all in the different representation of special characters between latin1 and my original selection of utf8...


It seems PHPMyAdmin has defaulted to "latin1_swedish_ci" for all my tables.
  •  Previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3(current)
  • 4
  • 5
  • 38
  • Next 
  Thread Closed



HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker51