xTV SAF - Rename Button
Hi

How do i change the name of the 'Music Video' button on the home screen to 'Media' ??

Thanks
gerryyoung1977 Wrote:Hi

How do i change the name of the 'Music Video' button on the home screen to 'Media' ??

Thanks
gerryyoung1977,

you need to edit the stings.xml file in the \language\English directory of the skin (where ever that may be on your particular system). Go to the line '<string id="31028">Music Videos</string>' and change it to whatever you want to call it.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
wyrm Wrote:gerryyoung1977,

you need to edit the stings.xml file in the \language\English directory of the skin (where ever that may be on your particular system). Go to the line '<string id="31028">Music Videos</string>' and change it to whatever you want to call it.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Hi

I have the latest Dharma release and the 0.96 version of xTV SAF, i am running windows 7.

On the strings.xml that string id does not exist, is this my system thats the problem?
gerryyoung1977 Wrote:Hi

I have the latest Dharma release and the 0.96 version of xTV SAF, i am running windows 7.

On the strings.xml that string id does not exist, is this my system thats the problem?
gerryyoung1977,

It's there Dude. I'm willing to put money on it that you are looking at the wrong strings.xml file. There is a strings.xml file for xbmc and there is one for each of the skins that you have installed.

The one you need to change is located at ...\XBMC\addons\skin.xTV_SAF_v0.96\language\English the one you are looking at is located ...\XBMC\language\English. Hint, if you are looking at the correct file you will see on line five of the file '<!-- Start startup strings 31001 - 31025-->'. If you don't see that, you are in the wrong file, keep looking.

Sorry I can't give you the exact location as I am running XP SP3 (and my next upgrade will be to Linux). From memory the Wiki lists the location of the XBMC directory in each OS, so if you can't find the location go check that out.

As a final hint, backup the strings.xml file before you start to play with it or you run the chance of completely borking the skin.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xTV SAF - Rename Button0