Many matching problem
Hi,

After testing Plex, i'm testing XBMC. I really like XBMC but is this normal that I have so many matching issue ?

I mean, whatever scrapper I use (IMDb is the best I thing), I always have to make corrections. For exemple, it takes the same information for the 3 Resident Evil (it's an exemple, for the Matrix too).

Is there something wrong for the moment or is it juste me ?

Any solution ?
Have a look through http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

For movies use themoviedb scraper and for tv show use thetvdb scraper.

How are your movies named and what does your directory structure look like?

A debug log of you scanning movies will show why they aren't being picked up correctly.
I'll try with themoviedb later.

All my movies are in the same folder. All the name are correct, it's like : Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, ... A strange think is that for the Matrix they all have the same informations, but it's the information of the second, not the first :/
Again a debug log of you doing a scan is needed. Without it anything else is speculation. However from the sounds of it your movie naming convention could be the problem. Use the movies proper name and it will make matching better, also if you add a year to them it helps too. E.g. your Resident Evil movie folders should be named:

Resident Evil (2002)
Resident Evil Apocalypse (2004)
Resident Evil Extinction (2007)

Also check out http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide
If multiple movies are coming up with the same information, it suggests that the configuration of the scraper may not be quite 100% correct.

If all your movies are in one folder, then ensure that you "Set Content" on that folder, and ensure that none of the scraper options are set at all (other than "Run scan automatically").

If you still have problems, then turn on debug logging (settings->system->debugging), and refresh an item that is incorrectly found (Movie Information->Refresh). Grab the log and pastebin it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It was making a scan, so I prefer wait for the log, here it is : http://paste-it.net/public/s461f5d/

Another thing, some of my movie has the french name (living in Belgium, so it's normal ^^ ), for some it get the right original name, but not for all. Is it normal ?
Thanks for the log - most useful. It appears we're not matching on the <alternative_name> tags, which is why Transformers 2 for instance wasn't detected.

I've added a ticket to add support for this:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10130

If you have a list of movies that XBMC incorrectly identifies that would be great - we can use it to test the changes to the scraper.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Yeah, so there is :

- Transfomers 2 as you sayed
- Kill Bill 1
- Kill Bill 2
- Fast and Furious 1 (2, 3 and 4)
- Matrix (1, 2 and 3)
- V for Vendenta (don't know why for this one :/ )

And it has a problem with some french name as :

- Braquage à l'italienne (The Italian Job (2003))
- Démineur (The Hurt Locker (2008))

And I thing that's all.

Thanks for your help Smile
Thanks. According to your log, V for Vendetta was picked up just fine in that run.

Similarly, Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 were picked up fine.

Fast and Furious were wrong though (number 3 doesn't appear in the log though?) and don't look as though they'd be picked up using the same trick, as themoviedb.org's search doesn't give you the alternatives.

None of the Matrix films appear in your log.

The two with the french name we can't do much about if we stay reliant upon themoviedb's search (even google didn't find the first one)

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Many matching problem0