[WIP] Addon system refactor for multiple programming languages - Overview/Status
Hi Jim... What languages do your changes bring to XBMC? You said PHP but maybe also CSS/(x)HTML? Or Perl? Or does it depend on available bindings?
How do you intend to write a plugin in XHTML/CSS? Those are markup languages and not scripting/programming languages Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
the reason for asking is not knowing. sorry for asking ..
I'll be happy to get one other for now Smile

Depending on the approach (I've been working on using SWIG), then maybe eventually everything SWIG brings to the table. However, I've been having issues with SWIG so we'll see.
Thnx. I found it: http://swig.org/compat.html#SupportedLanguages

And the reason I was asking about css/(x)HTML is that I thought it might be used to make incredible skins. Why not replace those XBMC-only XML-files to a industry standard markup language?
XML is about as standard as it gets...

I don't think Montellese is trying to give you a hard time; just pointing out that HTML and/or CSS aren't programming languages.

All they do is tell a web browser (or other client) how to display text/images.

Add-ons require a real programming language, either compiled (such as C++, Java) or scripting (Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Addon system refactor for multiple programming languages - Overview/Status1