• 102(current)
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
(2012-07-02, 22:47)ventolin Wrote: Pressing the 'IMDB' link on a movie within XBMC Commander has been broken for...... as long as I can remember.

Using the most recent version of the IMDB app, it simply crashes every time. Perhaps this is a problem with the IMDB app itself, in which case I apologise, but I'm figuring they perhaps changed their app URL scheme?

Seems to have been a bug in the IMDB app - newest version doesn't bomb out any more.

Keep up the great work!
Great app keep up the excellent work. I've only just begun to use the remote app to play music and create and edit playlists. A great feature would be when you select a song one of the options is to enque the song but to play next rather than add it to the bottom of the playlist. Also when editing the current playlist when you press the "edit" button it should toggle to "done" to indicate to the user to press it again once you,ve made your edits.
Great Application, thanks !
Do you know what instructions Commander send to XBMC for "Pause" and "Next/Previous Chapter" ?

Because we use MPC-HC for player and I would try to change MPC hotkeys to suit to Commander instructions.
It would be great !!! :-)

(Start and stop already work)
Why wouldn't you try the Config Kaz ? Auto setup for XBMC + MPC-HC with ffdshow, reclock and all for perfect picture. :;):
I'm using the latest version of this it keeps crashing when I'm looking through my catalogue anybody else having these problems...The older version was more stable, I've changed my ports etc still same...

Anyone else having these problems??
Openelec PVR in lounge 6tb of storage...
XBMC PVR on 27in I3 Mac in bedroom...
Ipad 2 running XBMC...

What more do you want...
What's happened to the dev ? Is the app not supported now. It's been awhile wounder I he is busy
(2012-08-06, 08:11)meridius Wrote: What's happened to the dev ? Is the app not supported now. It's been awhile wounder I he is busy

See post #1501
Hey folks,

just wanted to let you know:
After having a pretty busy summer (got some pretty big projects on my "day" job and last but not least i got wed two weeks ago) i finally found the time to do another update, and submitted it to apple a few minutes ago.

Changes:
- added automatic crash reporting
- should work with latest pre-Frodo releases
- added a longpress gesture to artists (for playing all stuff of an artist)
- improved connection detection, no more error popups (connection errors are now displayed on the remote control page)
- fixed a crash that occurred when updating badges for new items
- youtube keyboard will be released when content is scolled
- added a settings option to automatically send a WOL packet on startup
- fixed some display glitches in iPhones
- adjusted some of the german translations

Hi there

Congrats on getting married it's nice to see you back
Hi.. Bought this brilliant app for the ipad..

But on the movie page, i only get a selected few covers.. But in xbmc v11 there perfect.. Using aeon skin..

Tried rescraping with a different scraper.. Same thing..

Cleared cash, re-downloaded. But still the same..

Any ideas ;-)
hm two things to check:
- do all cover show up if you connect to XBMCs webinterface via browser? (thats http://<your-xbmc-ip>:<port>/ )
- All thumbnails are cached on the ipads storage before getting displayed. Maybe your ipads "disk" is full?
grywnn I have a quick question lately when I launch the XBMC Commander app and click on movies I get the pinwheel loading then the app crashes back to the home screen on the iPhone. I am using the latest nightly build for my setup. I noticed you submitted an update to Apple and wanted to inquire to see if that would fix the problem? Thanks again man.
MaDeMaNN:
Yep that will fix it.
There has been a major change in how genres are returned by XBMC.
During testing i found another thing that might cause crashes when viewing movie details. I'll add that too, which will delay the update a few days.

... well thats the drawback of using nightlies: Things will break from time to time :-) ...

But in return for all the breakage Frodo users will get a new feature: Marking movies / episodes watched (or unwatched) from within the app!
(2012-08-23, 15:29)grywnn Wrote: hm two things to check:
- do all cover show up if you connect to XBMCs webinterface via browser? (thats http://<your-xbmc-ip>:<port>/ )
- All thumbnails are cached on the ipads storage before getting displayed. Maybe your ipads "disk" is full?

You are a star... Was the port, changed from 21 to 8080.. And all flew down..

Thanks mate..

Thanks for the fast reply grywnn for now I just use the files section to browse as a workaround on the app =). Your work is greatly appreciated!
Hi There Grywnn,

Greetz from The Netherlands and thanks for developing this great app!!!
One quick question, after connecting the Ipad 2 with the ATV 2 everything worked fine.
The only problem is that a lot of movie covers appear two times and i can´t delete the double ones.
Updating the library makes it worse, some movies are now visable three times with covers.
Any clue what went wrong.....

Thanks for responding.
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad13