• 90(current)
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
Hi Thizizmyname,
the troubleshooting link has always been there in the info post, i just removed the pre-eden experimental buzah, since eden isn't pre anymore and working pretty stable.
What you're describing actually sounds like the app is thinking it communicates with a dharma build.
Looking through my code is see that updating a XBMC system known to XBMC Commander from dharma to eden might confuse the app under some circumstances. If the problem persists, please try removing the host entry in the app and creating a new one afterwards. This might help.
I'll submit an update to apple today that makes switching XBMC versions more stable.
Hi mate just checked out your new version of xbmc commander. The profile switching is much much better there is no more delay when switching profiles.

Exellent work.

And guess what:
Ten minutes ago i submitted another update featuring
- Lots of updated graphics for retina displays (looks awesome on the new ipad)
- Music video support!!

Might take a week to pass review though, apple seems to get flooded with updates at the moment Smile
(2012-03-18, 21:29)grywnn Wrote: And guess what:
- Music video support!!

Might take a week to pass review though, apple seems to get flooded with updates at the moment Smile

Can't wait!

Thanks for updating with retina support so quickly.

XBMC Commander is definitely one of my most used and most "money-well-spent" apps on my iPad!
- Music video support!!

I guess you bought a new iPad. Thanks for improving that profile speed.

Just forgot. You still can not view movies and tv show when off line very well. I have cached all the data but it seems a little flaky for that
Before I press the "buy" button,

1) Does this have a full ipad view?
2) Does it have the ability to display Newest TV / Video playlists?
(2012-03-18, 22:45)ClayM Wrote: Before I press the "buy" button,

1) Does this have a full ipad view?
2) Does it have the ability to display Newest TV / Video playlists?

Just buy it. It's the best remote app on the iPad for xbmc trust me. Also the developer comes in here and listens to buyers and try's to improve it. He has added or fixed at least 3 problems for me.

Great app
Hi,

Absolutely love this app. Totally dependent on it. Just a feature request, not sure if its possible or someone has asked for it already;

Every now and then I need to navigate to Video Library Settings and run 'Clean Library' to keep things... well... clean..

Is it possible, like you have in the shortcuts, to scan the video library, to also add a new shortcut to 'clean library'

would be real awesome!
@mukati
Thats already possible with the ipad version where you can customize the menu.
I've had adding this to the iPhone on my todo list for quite some time now, and finally pushed it to the top of the todo stack.
Once i got this finished (i need to recode the whole part) you'll be able to add a shortcut to clean libraries on the iPhone too.

@ClayM:
1) Full iPad view ... don't know for sure what you mean, but the app has first been written for the iPad only and then been ported to the smaller devices. So you won't have the bloated 2x view of an iPhone app, but a full fledged iPad optimized interface.
2) Theres no explicit "recently added items" view in the app, but you can sort each library by "recently added" making the newest items apear on top.
Are you planning further addon support (apple trailers, adv launcher etc)? Could users maybe design their own themes and load into the app?
Check my new site http://CustomHT.org and find High Resolution backdrops / fanart, Coverart and Bootskins for your HTPC.
(2012-03-13, 12:16)grywnn Wrote: Hi Thizizmyname,
the troubleshooting link has always been there in the info post, i just removed the pre-eden experimental buzah, since eden isn't pre anymore and working pretty stable.
What you're describing actually sounds like the app is thinking it communicates with a dharma build.
Looking through my code is see that updating a XBMC system known to XBMC Commander from dharma to eden might confuse the app under some circumstances. If the problem persists, please try removing the host entry in the app and creating a new one afterwards. This might help.
I'll submit an update to apple today that makes switching XBMC versions more stable.

Hi
After updating everything, threatened it and still failing it finally worked after I changed port from 8080 to 6542 (random), I also had disabled the firewall but since its still working after it got online again I guess that didn't have anything to do with it.

Kind of a non-issue since I don't use your app as primary remote, but I just wanted to know if having smart playlists as tabs is somewhere on your to-do list?
I don't use the movie library, I've separated it to three playlists on homescreen. Movies/Disney/Bollywood
Like I said, nothing I ask you start working on since the times I use your app is as secondary remote and when I'm watching tv-shows and too lazy reaching for the primary Tongue
Just wanted to know if it's in the theoretical future that you start thinking about it.
grywnn: Are you getting the new Ipad? Was hopping you would make a version for that with higher res on covers and stuff Smile
- Music video support!!

(2012-03-20, 08:43)Bkam Wrote: grywnn: Are you getting the new Ipad? Was hopping you would make a version for that with higher res on covers and stuff Smile

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched 20-30 pages

Will we see YouTube account support anytime soon?

Thanks
@NaDs: Smile
YouTube: No problem, you wouldn't have found anything ...
Account support isn't planned atm. If i get loads of requests i might add it though.

@CustomHT:
Customizable themes - i thought about it, but i'm afraid coding a skinning engine is a bit above my skills Sad
Theres currently no official external interface to addons. Some addons respond to external commands, but most of the time i have to dig deeply into the addon code to find out (like making the youtube addon play a specific video). Until addons are officially supported in the JSON API this is a major PITA.
@Thizizmyname: Unfortunately the same goes for playlist. No way to get them from XBMC (yet, this is officially planed for a future release of XBMC)

@bkam:
High res thumbs are already supported (retina display on iPhone ftw). If you restored your iPad3 from a backup, you'll have to clear the cache once to get rid of the lowres ones.
With my own htpc setup, i found that not all thumbs in XBMCs database are high res enough though. So if part of your thumbs still look kinda rubbish on retina, it might be cause that was the resolution they were scraped at by XBMC.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad13