Tuxbox PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2?
I'll have a bash at the weekend when my brain is working better, thanks for replying.
Ok, I managed to get and compile your git. With xbmc up and going I can see your addon and fill in the appropriate fields but when I go to LIVE TV it says I don't have a frontend started despite your addon enabled. Do I have to enable one of the other front ends or should just yours be enough?

Essentially, once up and running after compiling, what else do I need to do to get LIVE TV to show my channels etc

Also, in the required fields it asks for my username and password. For my web interface I have no username and password set but I realise there is a u/n and p/w set for the box itself by default root & dreambox. Should I leave these fields empty or put in root and dreambox?
redknight Wrote:Ok, I managed to get and compile your git. With xbmc up and going I can see your addon and fill in the appropriate fields but when I go to LIVE TV it says I don't have a frontend started despite your addon enabled. Do I have to enable one of the other front ends or should just yours be enough?

Essentially, once up and running after compiling, what else do I need to do to get LIVE TV to show my channels etc

Also, in the required fields it asks for my username and password. For my web interface I have no username and password set but I realise there is a u/n and p/w set for the box itself by default root & dreambox. Should I leave these fields empty or put in root and dreambox?

Thanks for testing it!

1. You should configure the ip and then enable the addon - it should then start loading the channels, EPG etc.

2. You do not need to set a username and password if your web interface is not password protected

3. If you are sure that you enabled the addon, then can you please paste the xbmc.log to something like pastebin so that I can have a look?

Cheers,

Jörg
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
Ok, so just to be clear then. From what you're saying I should disable all of the other PVR client addons that come with the build and enable just yours.

Make sure PVR functions are switched on in LIVE TV settings.

I should then enter the IP of my VU+ 192.168.0.99 in my case, leave the username and password blank. This is verified by simply hitting up the IP from firefox and I can see and use the web interface with this info.

You say that essentially as soon as I hit ok/save the PVR should then start automaticly pulling in my bouquets and channels etc. I don't have to manually pull them from anywhere or enable any other front end.

Is there any sort of on-screen information telling me it is pulling this information? How am I to know if it's worked?

I then exit settings and go to LIVE TV on the homescreen, which should bring up an EPG and my channel bouquets?

P.S. This is awesome if I can stop being a noob and get it to work lol!

P.P.S I'll post a log when I get a chance ASAP

Edit: I think part of my problem is that I'm doing this from within a virtual machine of Ubuntu sitting on windows 7. I'll try a fresh install of ubuntu tomorrow as I can't access my windows network at all from xbmc at the moment.
redknight Wrote:Ok, so just to be clear then. From what you're saying I should disable all of the other PVR client addons that come with the build and enable just yours.

Make sure PVR functions are switched on in LIVE TV settings.

I should then enter the IP of my VU+ 192.168.0.99 in my case, leave the username and password blank. This is verified by simply hitting up the IP from firefox and I can see and use the web interface with this info.

You say that essentially as soon as I hit ok/save the PVR should then start automaticly pulling in my bouquets and channels etc. I don't have to manually pull them from anywhere or enable any other front end.

Exactly. The only thing that you might also want to do is to copy your picons onto your xbmc box and set the path within the addon settings to get the nice looking icons in the tv channel list.

redknight Wrote:Is there any sort of on-screen information telling me it is pulling this information? How am I to know if it's worked?

I then exit settings and go to LIVE TV on the homescreen, which should bring up an EPG and my channel bouquets?

A little notification should pop up in the upper right corner, saying "importing channels" or something like that. Based on the number of channels the initial import can take some time...after the channel import it will start importing the EPG data, but you can already switch to the "live tv" section on the home screen at this time.

After you edited the settings in the addon, please make sure that you also hit "enable" - configuring the addon does not automatically enable it! Maybe that's why you get the error message.
What should my streaming IP be?

from a browser I hit 192.168.0.99:8080 to get open Webif with no password, but when I zap and stream a channel (which loads in VLC for me) it says streaming 192.168.0.99:8001
redknight Wrote:What should my streaming IP be?

from a browser I hit 192.168.0.99:8080 to get open Webif with no password, but when I zap and stream a channel (which loads in VLC for me) it says streaming 192.168.0.99:8001

Ahh, that is the error. The addon assumes that the webinterface-Port is 80, not 8080. Can you change it on the VU+?

I can add a setting for that tomorrow...
Holy ****, it's working! You're a total rockstar man!

yes, streaming port is 8001, the program was assuming I was using port 80 for the web interface. It's changed for now but would nice to be able to specifiy which web interface port I'm using.
redknight Wrote:Holy ****, it's working! You're a total rockstar man!

yes, streaming port is 8001, the program was assuming I was using port 80 for the web interface. It's changed for now but would nice to be able to specifiy which web interface port I'm using.

Glad to hear that it is working for you now.

I just used my breakfast-break for making the webinterface port a setting within the addon - maybe you can give it a try and report back?
I'm not at home at the minute but I've taken it a stage further in work and compiled a win32 and linux version of the branch as it stands today.

For anyone who wants to test today's build here's a full copy of xbmc-eden-rc2-PVR including the addon. There are some pre-requisites, the easiest way to get these is to install xbmc from [url][/url] but run the xbmc.exe from my folder instead.

EDIT: Doesnt work, dont bother with this
jdembski Wrote:Glad to hear that it is working for you now.

I just used my breakfast-break for making the webinterface port a setting within the addon - maybe you can give it a try and report back?

I have it up and running in work, just need to get home where my VU+ is. The changes are certainly appearing as configure options but haven't been able to test yet.
Hi,

i want test your windows version with th vuplus addon.

After installing this http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/x...en_rc2.exe
Must i replace the full folder XBMC with yours in http://www.mediafire.com/?jsfjwwszfzknaj6 ?
razorbakmax Wrote:Hi,

i want test your windows version with th vuplus addon.

After installing this [url="[/url]
Must i replace the full folder XBMC with yours in [url="[/url] ?

Just to be clear, this is jdembski's creation, I'm just helping out with testing it.

No, I only suggested installing xbmc eden rc2 to get the dependencies, in fact I think all you need is Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) if you don't have it already, but installing xbmc is quick and easy as it installs this for you.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/det...px?id=5555
redknight Wrote:Just to be clear, this is jdembski's creation, I'm just helping out with testing it.

No, I only suggested installing xbmc eden rc2 to get the dependencies, in fact I think all you need is Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) if you don't have it already, but installing xbmc is quick and easy as it installs this for you.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/det...px?id=5555
Now i can see the vu+ addon in the PVR client, but if i activate it, i have a message saying me that no pvr client are enable.

I suppose that something is missing .
in XBMC\addons\pvr.vuplus there is no XBMC_vuplus_win32.pvr !!
redknight Wrote:I'm not at home at the minute but I've taken it a stage further in work and compiled a win32 and linux version of the branch as it stands today.

For anyone who wants to test today's build here's a full copy of xbmc-eden-rc2-PVR including the addon. There are some pre-requisites, the easiest way to get these is to install xbmc from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/x...en_rc2.exe but run the xbmc.exe from my folder instead.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jsfjwwszfzknaj6

This is awesome! Can you share the visual studio project files so that I can include it in the Pull Request?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tuxbox PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2?2