Mysql - Dharma Beta 1
I have installd mysql on my freenas server, but i dont get it to work!!

On my Imac i run "Dharma Beta 2" and use this "advancedsettings.xml"
Code:
<advancedsettings>

<videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.2.2</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_video</name>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.2.2</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_music</name>
    </musicdatabase>

</advancedsettings>

and it looks like its working.. (the mysql database get some info)

then on xbmc nr2 iam running "Dharma Beta 1" linux ver.
and when i use the same "advancedsetting.xml" file and reboot, the library files dont show up...! nothing...
and if i go back to the org. file its shows again...

any one have any idee?

(ps. Sorry for my bad english)
if you look at logs you'll notice some errors talking about database being a newer version... dharma 2 uses video database version 42, while dharma 1 uses version 41,that's why the computer running dharma 1 isn't able to read the database
succo Wrote:if you look at logs you'll notice some errors talking about database being a newer version... dharma 2 uses video database version 42, while dharma 1 uses version 41,that's why the computer running dharma 1 isn't able to read the database

okej.. sorry..
so if i install dharma beta 2 on the "linux" cpu it will work ?
i cant seem to get anything to appear in my sql db. is there any way of checking if xbmc has access or if there are any errors/reasons as to why it's not using my db (on a seperate server)

my setup is pretty much the same as primarymaster's above

thanks Smile
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

just thought id let people know i solved my mysql problem. It appears that on linux, mysql by default gets installed to only listen on Localhost (or 127.0.0.1)

this is held within your /etc/mysql/my.cnf file

the bit you need to find is the bind-address. Just comment out this section (using a #) and all will be well Smile

ps i used this link to help me ...
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=96393&page=2
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

Thanks smithr99! It's fantastic when people post their solutions. Nod
the setup was done fast and pretty straight forward. using mysql works pretty fine. but there seems to be a problem with the music library. xbmc scans the requested music into mysql (i can see filled tables within mysql) but xbmc doesn't allow me to use the db mode in the music section. the log throws out an error in regards to the music db:

http://pastebin.com/VdeDSeuZ

any hints?
As of Dharma Beta 2 you need to run these 2 commands in the mysql server to create views that are not created by default.

http://pastebin.com/jX7SBtM5
Why aren't they created by default? Sounds like a bug.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm not sure why they aren't created, I was browsing the source tree, and the musicdatabase.cpp looks like it executes the same sql commands on all things, so the views SHOULD be created, they are in the code to be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mysql - Dharma Beta 10