Harmony activity won't turn HTPC?
I have my activity to watch XBMC

and it turns on tv, av receiver but leaves my HTPC as is.

If I use the "all off" button in the top right it wil turn the HTPC off. It is clearly acting as a toggle because if it's turned off (sleeping) it will awaken...

Any idea why my activity isn't turning it on or anything?

Is there any way to differentiate between turning ON and OFF so I am not toggling it?
I have never figured out sleep on a computer yet and I am no professional but certainly not a noob at it either. I tried my new rig with sleep and could never get it to wake up - other than the reset button (reboot).
For now, until I can look into it some more, I simply leave the HTPC powered on. My harmony turns on the TV and AVR just fine.
My desktop PC remains on all the time anyway. The HTPC throttles back power while idle anyway. I have had it for a month. Just got the power bill and there is no difference.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
I think I might know the answer to this. The harmony remote is not sending the "on" pulse long enough for the pc to recognize it. I had this problem. I found that if I hit the on button a bunch of times in a row, it would eventually come on. I emailed the company support and they turned on a feature in the software where I could adjust the on pulse and now it comes on every time. I hope this helps!
If you use the help function on the Harmony will it turn it on?
patm95 Wrote:I think I might know the answer to this. The harmony remote is not sending the "on" pulse long enough for the pc to recognize it. I had this problem. I found that if I hit the on button a bunch of times in a row, it would eventually come on. I emailed the company support and they turned on a feature in the software where I could adjust the on pulse and now it comes on every time. I hope this helps!

thats the problem. some tv's also needs a longer pulse to turn the device on. there is a option in the logitech sotware for that. so you can ajust the pulse signal. just search search search for it, its hidden pretty deep but its there

im pretty sure thats also the topic starters problem with his htpc
I seem to have got it working now - it will come in and out of sleep.

There is no ON and OFF signal, is there?

Given different activities its possible it may already be on, so I wouldn't want to toggle it off...
I don't think there is on/off signal. Just a toggle. What did u do to get it to work?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony activity won't turn HTPC?0