Filter by MPAA rating
Just let the user do the work, create an "Needs Password Include and Exclude List" setting.
So if you have a living room media center situation and want to keep the kids out of your "Rated R" and "PG-13" movies, but let them still watch "G" and "PG"
Put "Rated-R", "Rated-NR" and "PG-13" in the include list
Put "Rated-PG" and "Rated-G" in the exclude list

So if a "PG-13" movie is selected (all of them are seen, only checked against playing), the rating is checked against the strings in include first, then the exclude list, so "PG-13" passes the include list because it has "PG" in it, but fails as it hits the exclude list because "PG-13" is in it. If the lists are text strings, you could put in the MPAA ratings and/or the UK, AU ones as well.
It seems like it would be simpler to code, and would make the functionality based on the user's particular setup.
It doesn't have to be just the ratings field, it could be any of the elements of the database for the entry, Rating,Tagline, Plot, Title, Actor, whatever. So that you could password movies that have the word "Raunchy" or "Sex" in the plot/tagline.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I'm working on a workaround for kid filtering myself. I've switched over to using MySQl as the database for my media, as I have multiple clients. One of the clients is my kids' laptop. I'm working on the theory that I can build a query against the main DB to produce a filtered DB that I will point the kids' laptop at.

My only problems at this point are keeping the kids' DB updated, and preventing their client from scanning content directories.
HTPC Rig:
Acer Revo 1600 /Tira2 IR rcvr
NAS: UNRAID
Trying to figure this one out, I have what might be a unique situation in that I have about 25Tb of content, as my kids are grown and out of the house this really would only get used when the nieces/nephews or eventually grand kids come to visit. The idea of manually sorting all of this files is daunting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you can create a smart playlist then it should be possible to setup the video library nodes function to do this.
Along this line, is there a way to add the MPAA rating on the list or maybe where Confluence displays video specs, for example? As I run down the list, I'd like to see what the MPAA rating is without to go to the movie information panel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filter by MPAA rating0