[MAC] Compiling XBMC setup
uname -a
davilla Wrote:uname -a

Darwin ######-macbook-pro.local 10.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23 18:27:12 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.7.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
how did you remove macports 1.9 ?
davilla Wrote:how did you remove macports 1.9 ?

Ran removal command listed in the beginning of xbmc-ports document.
Trexx Wrote:Ran removal command listed in the beginning of xbmc-ports document.

Checking into this, I don't have a box capable of booting a 64-bit darwin kernel.

sudo grep -r "least one of the universal_archs values" /opt/*
sudo port install ncursesw

then try installing pcre
davilla Wrote:sudo port install ncursesw

then try installing pcre

I almost made it through all the port installs now.

Erroring out on this one:

sudo port install libsamplerate +universal

http://pastebin.com/JdyY5x3H

Thanks for all your help also.
Grrr, macports is being stubborn on your box.

try without the +universal
davilla Wrote:Grrr, macports is being stubborn on your box.

try without the +universal

No go w/o +universal switch, still bombs out on building Flac. Tried manually installing flac via sudo port install flac (w & w/o +universal) and it fails during those.

Tried manually running build via ./configure, Make, etc. (based on README), fails during that.

Some of the errors include

rm: .libs/bitmath.o: Permission denied

Wondering if it makes more sense to have you just compile a build that works for the 70015 card and I can give you a dropbox/mobileme/etc. location to put it to.

I have tried a couple of the recent unofficial builds from sshc.com/xbmc and am still having the same issue with those in terms of WMV files having no video windows.
Trexx Wrote:No go w/o +universal switch, still bombs out on building Flac. Tried manually installing flac via sudo port install flac (w & w/o +universal) and it fails during those.

Tried manually running build via ./configure, Make, etc. (based on README), fails during that.

Some of the errors include

Wondering if it makes more sense to have you just compile a build that works for the 70015 card and I can give you a dropbox/mobileme/etc. location to put it to.

I have tried a couple of the recent unofficial builds from sshc.com/xbmc and am still having the same issue with those in terms of WMV files having no video windows.

Beta2 has this problem ? It does know about 70015 cards and this is the first time it's been mentioned in this thread.
davilla Wrote:Beta2 has this problem ? It does know about 70015 cards and this is the first time it's been mentioned in this thread.

The current build I am running is 33963 from 9/18 (I don't have it in front of me but that is prettt close if it isn't)

Sorry that I didn't mention that i was on beta 2. Now i am not sure which trunk that build is compiled from. It should be listed on the builds notes at sshc.com/xbmc. Launcher I believe shows it as OSx during download.
Trexx Wrote:The current build I am running is 33963 from 9/18 (I don't have it in front of me but that is prettt close if it isn't)

Sorry that I didn't mention that i was on beta 2. Now i am not sure which trunk that build is compiled from. It should be listed on the builds notes at sshc.com/xbmc. Launcher I believe shows it as OSx during download.

And what is the problem ? MediaInfo on these WMV files. If they are VC1, then the that will be fixed in the next beta build. You can play these if you stop playback, then play again. There was a bug in how crystalhd setup was handled when playing back a video format that was different (h264, vc1, mpeg2) than previous.
davilla Wrote:And what is the problem ? MediaInfo on these WMV files. If they are VC1, then the that will be fixed in the next beta build. You can play these if you stop playback, then play again. There was a bug in how crystalhd setup was handled when playing back a video format that was different (h264, vc1, mpeg2) than previous.

The problem is when selecting these files (which I believe are VC1 files in WMV Pro format), when you select play, you get audio only, but no video playback. The video list just stays on the screen, with the playback controls showing up in the left hand side under the menu.

I detailed the issue over in the CrystalHD thread which includes the media-info/xbmc log for the file I have been testing with.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70537&page=6

This even happens when it is the first video played after launching XBMC. I will try the stop/restart playback trick tonight to see if that makes any difference.

T.
I just tested stopping/restarting the video playback, no change.. no video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Compiling XBMC setup0