[AppleTV] Screen sharing question
This question is not really XBMC related so apologies for that.

A hacked AppleTV (via ATVUSB-Creator) can run XBMC which is what I use it for. However what some people may not know is that after being hacked, it does have a version of the Apple Remote Desktop client installed, version 2.2.1 to be precise. I have successfully used a Mac to 'screen share' to an AppleTV and seen the full BackRow style interface.

My question, is does anyone know how to upgrade the ARD client to a newer version, say 3.0 or 3.2. It would not be possible to upgrade to 3.3 as this requires at least Mac OS X 10.4.11 and the AppleTV is running 10.4.7.

I have tried using Apple Remote Desktop Administrator 3 but this was not successful.

If anyone from the ATVUSB-Creator team is reading, or anyone has contact with them, perhaps a future version could include a newer ARD Client?
ATVUSB-Creator does not install Apple Remote Desktop client, NitoTV must be doing it.
Nito installs VNC as part of smart installer
davilla Wrote:ATVUSB-Creator does not install Apple Remote Desktop client, NitoTV must be doing it.

Thank you for that, I did install NitoTV as well so your probably right. I will try and get in touch with them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Screen sharing question0