• 19(current)
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows
Has anyone gotten this to work with NetliXBMC? The XBMC mapping tool doesn't recognize buttons. I'm also having trouble with it opening windows media center when I hit the guide button twice. Quite weird and I can't find a way to disable that in the WMC settings.
Used this great addon to get my RC6 MCE remote to do all I wanted it to do. One of the buttons I configured was to emulate the keyboard T command which turns subtitles on and off with one press and it worked at first. However it has stopped working now, not even pressing T on the keyboard works. I'm scratching my head a bit. I've tried loading up the default settings but T still doesn't do anything.

Any help appreciated.

Kev
HuhHuh? This isn't available from your own repository, and I don't see it where it's supposed to be in the Kodi repository. How are you supposed to install it these days? Or is this yet another orphaned plugin.
I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can help. The addon works fine 2 but with one small problem. I can no longer use the info button in WMC which is basically the context menu. Is there a way around that?
The MCERemote addon doesn't appear in the Kodi repository on my machine. I've downloaded a .zip for the addon but when I try to install it I get an error message:

Add-on does not have the correct structure.

I've searched on this issue and it seems that others have had the same experience, but I haven't found a solution.

Can anyone suggest how this can be installed?

I have an ASRock ION 330HT with Kodibuntu installed - running Kodi version Isengard 15.0 RC2.

Edit: IGNORE ME - just realised this only works where XBMC/Kodi is running in Windows....doh!
(2015-06-27, 06:04)Deihmos Wrote: I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can help. The addon works fine 2 but with one small problem. I can no longer use the info button in WMC which is basically the context menu. Is there a way around that?

You mean in Kodi or back in WMC?

If the latter I have a similar issue: I was happy with the volume keys controlling the system volume. Now they only control the Kodi volume. And there seems no way back to the old situation!
Does anyone know if this works on windows 10?
(2010-09-28, 09:37)jhsrennie Wrote:
zpike1 Wrote:I got the 0.0.5 version and when i click the "Configure MCE keyboard shourtcuts" I get a error message : "MCERemote - Error opening the IR registry key"

That means your account doesn't have permissions to write to that registry key. Either you're not using an administrator account, or you have User Access Control enabled. Try right-clicking the XBMC shortcut and choosing "Run as administrator", and then see if it works.

JR
I have a solution for this issue if you don't want to run Kodi as an administrator.

On my htpc, I have a standard account that the PC boots into and a separate administrator account that I use when I need to install software or make system changes.

This fix involves modifying the security permissions for the hidir\remotes registry key. You must have administrator rights yourself to make this change.

DISCLAIMER: Understand what you're doing before you copy code from the internet and run it on your own box. This works for me, but YMMV. If it breaks something, it's up to you to figure out how to fix it.

My system is running Windows 10 Education x64. I believe this regkey is the same for all recent windows versions, but check first.

1. Open an administrative powershell window
(Click your start button, type "powershell", right-click "Windows PowerShell" and choose "Run as administrator"
2. Copy/Paste the following lines
Code:
$acl = get-acl hklm:\system\currentcontrolset\services\hidir\Remotes
$rule = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryAccessRule ("BUILTIN\Users","FullControl","ContainerInherit","none","Allow")
$acl.SetAccessRule($rule)
$acl | set-acl -path hklm:\system\currentcontrolset\services\hidir\Remotes
3. Start Kodi/MCERemote, make your key changes, and apply them.

Good Luck.
Even with this addon, I can't seem to get some of the buttons to register in Kodi or anything else (showkeys, eventghost, etc.) in Windows 10 Pro x64. Any idea what's going on?
If I am not mistaken the add on creates a .reg file. I have taken that .reg file and updated it to my needs. Only thing that I still need to change is that the green button fires ctrl+esc allowing me to go to the start screen. I would like the green button to start Kodi and if started go to the home screen, but that doesn't work for some reason.
Nothing _really_ to do with the addon, but my discrete power on has stopped working. This isn't my first rodeo, and I had a registry backup from when that used to work, and it doesn't restore the functionality. Fortunately or unfortunately, power toggle still does work. This is just a shot in the dark, hoping that a like minded person is enamored of the discrete power on function like I am and has some idea or even just another data point on this functionality.

Thanks
This is nothing urgent since i have a workaround, but I'd like to understand what's going on. Some of my keys stopped working as expected outside of Kodi. I noticed that they had gotten mapped to what the plugin shows for them (i.e. button_next performed a ctrl-F, etc.) rather than keeping their default behaviors outside of Kodi.  The settings.xml showed the settings as I expected them, and also showed default="true" for those keys. So I couldn't see why they got remapped.

I eventually set keys back to the Windows default and rebooted, which worked. I then went into Kodi, deleted the plugin, told it to delete my data, verified that settings.xml and everything was gone, and reinstalled it. I mapped some unrelated keys, which now do what I want, but again, the same keys that had the problem before started having them again. So I set them to "mce", rebooted and those are now working as expected.

Is there somewhere else that the plugin is looking? When I had originally mapped those keys, I didn't have the problem with the unrelated keys. I don't recall doing anything to the keys in between to screw things up, but even if I had, I would have expected it to be a moot point even with less extreme measures.
Hello,

I have the following problem - mapping written by MCERemote is not picked up by Windows - the default mapping is used.
When I run Advanced MCE Remote Mapper and do "Load from registry", the correct mapping is shown (as set by "Apply current settings to remote"). But when I run ShowKey, it shows original mapping actions. For example "Play" key on remote is detected as WM_APPCOMMAND instead of Ctrl-Shift-P. "EPG" key (mapped to ctrl-G) does not work at all, as originally it points to invalid WM_APPCOMMAND 0x8d, etc, etc/

Also Kodi sees WM_APPCOMMAND messages instead of the configured keypresses.

Windows 11, testing as administrator user.

Any hints?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows3