• 5(current)
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows
If you look at the keyboard.xml that you downloaded of mine, it says that red is shutdown menu, blue and yellow update the libraries. Recorded tv changes watched status. Did you also put the keyboard.xml from the xbmc site into the install folder, ie do all your directional buttons work?
kulprit Wrote:If you look at the keyboard.xml that you downloaded of mine, it says that red is shutdown menu, blue and yellow update the libraries. Recorded tv changes watched status. Did you also put the keyboard.xml from the xbmc site into the install folder, ie do all your directional buttons work?

ok then the red, green, yellow & blue button work Smile

everything works, I just want to add or change some functions.

- change back the powerbutton so i can start my asrock with it.
- add context menu.
- if possible, add a file to playlist (without open the contextmenu first).
- skip back or forward to the next file when you are in filemode.

Im still abit lost with all xml and reg file so any help would be greatful Smile
I plan to write a MCE remote plugin for WinLIRC. Should be able to make it such a way that it will support any remote control, not just the standard MCE remote. The hardware is capable of this.
I have the same remote zpike1, and my power button is working fine. jshrennie reg file doesn't change its output so it should just work. Of course it doesn't actually start your computer only wakes it from s3.

The green button should open your context menu if you have copied my xml. Let me know what button you want the "add file to playlist to be" (the command is queue) and then what that key outputs in showkey.exe.

I don't know the command for skip to the next file in filemode sorry. If you mean in a queue, or in the music library, its already the skip forward and skip backward buttons.

Finally in my xml i have dvd menu mapped to codecinfo during video playing, and that T button at the bottom mapped to enable and disable subtitles.
Have edited mine a bit further so radio goes to the programs menu as i have that disabled visually. Plus my green button goes back to the home screen.

I am going to work on putting jumpsms into the correct sections as well (i am not interested in filter sms)
kulprit Wrote:I have the same remote zpike1, and my power button is working fine. jshrennie reg file doesn't change its output so it should just work. Of course it doesn't actually start your computer only wakes it from s3.

The green button should open your context menu if you have copied my xml. Let me know what button you want the "add file to playlist to be" (the command is queue) and then what that key outputs in showkey.exe.

I don't know the command for skip to the next file in filemode sorry. If you mean in a queue, or in the music library, its already the skip forward and skip backward buttons.

Finally in my xml i have dvd menu mapped to codecinfo during video playing, and that T button at the bottom mapped to enable and disable subtitles.
Have edited mine a bit further so radio goes to the programs menu as i have that disabled visually. Plus my green button goes back to the home screen.

I am going to work on putting jumpsms into the correct sections as well (i am not interested in filter sms)

I got your xml fil and added it into C:\Users\100HT\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

When I click the green button "<two mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, two, 3)</two>" a small popup windows show up for a sec with the text "Key Green button" Nothing else happens Sad

If you could add the function "add to playlist" on the T button it would be great Don't think i will ever use that button anyway.
Sorry, when i say green button i meant the green button with the windows symbol on it. The big one.

Have created a new keyboard.xml for your userdata folder that will make the "T" button at the bottom of the remote queue a file, whether it be video or music, in the library or a file list.

I had it set to Show subtitles in mine.

I have commented the whole file a bit better now so it should make sense if you read through it, plus my guide at the top.

http://rapidshare.com/files/422822017/keyboard.xml
kulprit Wrote:Sorry, when i say green button i meant the green button with the windows symbol on it. The big one.

Have created a new keyboard.xml for your userdata folder that will make the "T" button at the bottom of the remote queue a file, whether it be video or music, in the library or a file list.

I had it set to Show subtitles in mine.

I have commented the whole file a bit better now so it should make sense if you read through it, plus my guide at the top.

http://rapidshare.com/files/422822017/keyboard.xml

Thanks for all help, I dunno what im doing wrong but I don't get it to work Sad

Replaced the keybord xml and restarted.
Showkey show his info:

KeyID 85 (0x54) -VK_T
Mod Ctrl
<t mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, t, 3)</t>

In filemode when i click the "T Button" it just go to the next file in the list.

Mybe is easier to map the "Context Menu" to the "T Button" that would work great to Smile
Going to the next file in the list means the file has been added to the queue. If you press "T" a few times, then press the big green button and go to now playing, all the files you pressed "T" on will be there.
kulprit Wrote:Going to the next file in the list means the file has been added to the queue. If you press "T" a few times, then press the big green button and go to now playing, all the files you pressed "T" on will be there.

I use my green "window" button to launch XBMC, maybe that's why it doesn't work ?

Think it would be easier if the T button just open the Context menu ?
jhsrennie Wrote:Your handset should now be sending ctrl-shift-W when you press the green Windows button. Right click the XBMC shortcut in the Startup menu, select properties and click in the "Shortcut Key" field. Now press the green button and you should see ctrl-shift-W appear. Click OK. Now the green button will start XBMC and it will restore XBMC if it's minimised.

To change/add functions to buttons you need a custom keyboard.xml. Look in %appdata%\xbmc\addons\plugin.script.mceremote and doubling click in the resources folder then the Data folder. Run the batch file CopyKeyboardDotXML.bat and it will create a template keyboard.xml. Run:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

to edit the file in Notepad.

XBMC has millions of actions, and it's not always obvious what action you need. If you have specific requirements post them here and I'll give you the changes you need to your keyboard.xml. You'll get the hang of it pretty quickly :-)

JR

Apparently Windows 7 only allows Ctrl-Alt-<key> as the launch shortcut. Can the remote be made to transmit this combination?
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
zpike1, open up the file with wordpad and find the word Queue. Replace it with ContextMenu and see how that goes for you.
unmesh Wrote:Apparently Windows 7 only allows Ctrl-Alt-<key> as the launch shortcut. Can the remote be made to transmit this combination?

I use ctrl-shift-W on my Windows 7 setup.

It's obviously possible to make the green button send any keypress you want, but ctrl-shift-W should work.

JR
kulprit Wrote:zpike1, open up the file with wordpad and find the word Queue. Replace it with ContextMenu and see how that goes for you.

great it worked, ContextMenu is mapped on the T Button now
thanks alot kulprit !!

If I just can figure out whats up with the powerbutton now Smile

edit : is't possible to skip to next file in filemode ?
v0.9.1 of my MCERemote addon is now available from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

This is quite a big change. I've tried to make the user interface a bit more obvious, and I've added a facility to tweak individual button settings. All comments gratefully received!

JR
Hi,

can this be used also with XBMC on linux?

Br, Zemy
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows3