Comparison of skin features
Updated the wiki to include a compatibility grid.

Still a WIP: http://kodi.wiki/view/Skin_features_compatibility_list
I had a plan to make it so that the compatibility table could be populated simply by adding or removing "categories" to the wiki page for that skin. I was about halfway through that when I decided to wait on updates to the MediaWiki software. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem like it will happen for maybe another year, so that means I have to make the best of what I have.

I'll try to come up with something that is easier to update than what we have now. Not that it's "bad", but it's yet another area of the wiki that should be easier than it currently is.

So the question now is, what features do we want to see on the list, to compare? What do users look for to see if it has skin support/options/etc? What's "cool" with the "young peoples"?
(2015-12-30, 10:31)Ned Scott Wrote: So the question now is, what features do we want to see on the list, to compare? What do users look for to see if it has skin support/options/etc? What's "cool" with the "young peoples"?

Hi Ned.

That sounds like a really good idea, and it's certainly about time to look at that wiki page Smile

Some of the current categories still applies, others need to be updated and yet other need to be added.

What still works for me is:
  • Custom home items
  • Artwork Downloader
  • Clear art
  • CDArt
  • Extra Fanart
  • Next Aired
  • TV Tunes
  • Skin Widgets
  • Intro Movie
  • Touch Support
  • PVR

If we include certain add-ons, we should also make room for other. So maybe we should discuss which - if any at all (script.extendedinfo, script.globalsearch, script.skin.helper.service, script.toolbox etc etc).
Most skins use script.extendedinfo instead of the old metadata actors script.
CinemaVision seems more appropiate than Cinema Experience, although I have left support for both.
TV Show Logos should be replaced by "clear logos", to reflect Clear Art and CDArt. Maybe more artwork should be added, like extra thumbs etc.
ADSP support should also be on the list, and maybe also Radio RDS Info.
We should also think of adding which skins support image resource add-ons, and maybe ronie's script.
And maybe also home screen widgets...

That's my random thoughts. I probably have overlooked certain details, which will be added later Smile
I'm a new user (less than a week).
Very impressed with the power of Kodi, but don't feel comfortable with the fact that when Kodi (for Windows) window is in focus, even in windowed mode, the screen behavior changes from normal Windows - for example, the cursor becomes a big one and moves somewhat differently etc.

I checked the very useful table at http://kodi.wiki/view/Skin_features_compatibility_list but miss a very simple information:
is there a skin that keeps the usual Windows visual behavior?
Hello @pstrg and welcome,

You need to be aware that Kodi is not a specific Windows program, it is platform agnostic.

1. It is designed to work on numerous platforms - Android, LInux, Windows etc. Therefore, expecting Kodi to work exactly like Windows can be called discriminatory to the other platforms.
2. Kodi is not designed to be used with a keyboard and mouse. Nor is it designed to be used sitting at a desk while you are typing a letter on MS Word. It is designed with this criteria... http://kodi.wiki/view/10foot_interface
3. If you need to use a mouse, then try the skin eTouchy. It is designed for touchpad and mouse use.

Hope that helps.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Does 'Works with (insert KODI version)' only pertain to skins available through the official addon repository?
It works with whatever skin is listed in the left "skin" column.

A few are listed that are not in the official repository.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am new to Kodi but not that new but am looking for a skin that allows for more then 5 menu items.  I like Aeon Nox 5 but need more items for multiple playlists to be menu items.  Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

kinghtrider
(2018-07-13, 22:25)kinghtrider Wrote: I am new to Kodi but not that new but am looking for a skin that allows for more then 5 menu items.  I like Aeon Nox 5 but need more items for multiple playlists to be menu items.  Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

kinghtrider
I've only used Estuary and Estuary Mod, but I'm now wanting to look further.
This spreadsheet is awesome and badly needed. It's a shame it has never been fully filled in, and also kept up to date (variations, mods, etc.).
Similar to kinghtrider, I would like a column that tells you if the home page Menu can be edited, added to, etc.

Another idea would be to have some screenshots of each skin.
(I know, I know - where do you stop). Confused
(2019-01-13, 11:47)Nordo Wrote: Another idea would be to have some screenshots of each skin.

Screenshots are in almost all release threads of skins in their subforums.

Here are some screenshots although some are pretty outdated: https://kodi.wiki/view/Skin_screenshots
(2018-07-13, 22:25)kinghtrider Wrote: I am new to Kodi but not that new but am looking for a skin that allows for more then 5 menu items.  I like Aeon Nox 5 but need more items for multiple playlists to be menu items.  Any suggestions would be great.

Better late than never with this suggestion but check out the SuperFavourites add-on. You could organize your playlists within folders (folders may also be nested) possibly alleviating the need to pin so many items to the menus. Like this.
(2019-01-13, 14:46)Gade Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 11:47)Nordo Wrote: Another idea would be to have some screenshots of each skin.

Screenshots are in almost all release threads of skins in their subforums.

Here are some screenshots although some are pretty outdated: https://kodi.wiki/view/Skin_screenshots 
 Thanks Gade. 👍
Hi Everybody,

I am writing here because my skin BOX is currently not correctly described in the comparison list.

So could the responsible for the wiki page please update the list:

With respect to the BOX skin:
- It is compatible with leia
- It has complete touch/ mouse support
- It has custom Menus ( 10 Menus)
- It has custom submenus ( 5 subentries per Menu)
- It has a customizable Side Menu
- It has customizable Widgets around 30+ Predefined Widgets, plus also the capability of displaying widgets with user defined custom content.
- It has tv show and movie logos
- It has cd art
- it has extra fanart
- it has tv tunes
- it has cinema experience
- it has PVR

thanks

Francisco
the responsible one? that must be you ;-)

you will have to edit your skins wiki page and add the missing entries.

here's an example:
Code:
{{Skin features
 | skin = [ [Add-on:Confluence|Confluence] ]
 | custom home items = {{partial}}
 | custom submenu items = {{partial}}
 | Media flags = {{yes}}
 | TV show logo = {{no}}
 | TV logo downloader = {{no}}
 | Artwork downloader = {{no}}
 | Clear Art = {{no}}
 | cdArt = {{no}}
 | Extra fanart = {{no}}
 | Season fanart = {{yes}}
 | Weather fanart = {{yes}}
 | Live TV = {{yes}}
 | Next Aired = {{yes}}
 | TvTunes = {{yes}}
 | Skin Widgets = {{yes}}
 | Advanced Launcher = {{no}}
 | Watchlist = {{no}}
 | MovieSets = {{yes}}
 | Metadata Actors = {{no}}
 | Cinema Experience = {{no}}
 | Intro movie = {{no}}
 | Touch = {{?}}
 | PVR = {{yes}}
}}
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2019-02-22, 11:05)ronie Wrote: the responsible one? that must be you ;-)

you will have to edit your skins wiki page and add the missing entries.

here's an example:
Code:
{{Skin features
 | skin = [ [Add-on:Confluence|Confluence] ]
 | custom home items = {{partial}}
 | custom submenu items = {{partial}}
 | Media flags = {{yes}}
 | TV show logo = {{no}}
 | TV logo downloader = {{no}}
 | Artwork downloader = {{no}}
 | Clear Art = {{no}}
 | cdArt = {{no}}