• 3(current)
[Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC
I am impressed by AWX. Nice job.

There is however something that every HTTP interfaces misses: ordering of audio files by tracknumber! If I want to playback an Mp3 album, I want it to playback in the original track order (especially live albums).

Is such a thing possible?
Basje Wrote:There is however something that every HTTP interfaces misses: ordering of audio files by tracknumber! If I want to playback an Mp3 album, I want it to playback in the original track order (especially live albums).
Currently the API has problems with the sorting and adding of songs to the playlist (see here). I will use a workaround: Get the album's songs, sort them and add each song to the playlist.
So in the next version of AWX album-songs will be added in tracknumber-order Wink
:eek2: AWX - Ajax based Webinterface for XBMC (Dharma Beta 2)
MKay Wrote:Currently the API has problems with the sorting and adding of songs to the playlist (see here). I will use a workaround: Get the album's songs, sort them and add each song to the playlist.
So in the next version of AWX album-songs will be added in tracknumber-order Wink

Sweet!
Quote:m, that's what i do already Only the visible thumbs are loaded. If the user scrolls or resizes the window and new thumbs become visible, they are loaded.
Does this not work for you (which browser?)?

Not really. I'm with firefox 3.6.10 windows. It seems to give same results with safari and always loads thumbs from the beginning.
hotlobster Wrote:Not really. I'm with firefox 3.6.10 windows. It seems to give same results with safari and always loads thumbs from the beginning.
I have only just tested this with firefox 3.6.10 on Windows 7. Everything worked fine. Maybe it loads too fast so that you cannot see the loading-process Wink

Here is version 0.2.6: http://www.mediafire.com/?7zxl9bmhbm8lw67

0.2.6:
- Added: Shortcuts for Context-Menu-Buttons (Close, Back, Clear, Search)
- Changed: Text is now automatically selected if search-input gets focus
- Changed: Files starting with "addons://" are ignored in file lists (windows only)
- Changed: Prevent error-box if no player is active and control-buttons are clicked
- Changed: Increased timeout-limit to 10sec
- Changed: Search is not started before the Enter-Key was pressed
- Fixed: Problems with windows-paths
- Fixed: Album-songs are not added to the playlist in tracknumber-order
- Fxied: Errors if no albums/artists exist
Hi, I'm loving the interface! It's nice and clear and good use of ajax so there's no reloads and everything works fast.
I do have a function request, but I'm not sure if it's doable.
Would it be possible to skip the movie by using the yellow progress bar on the bottom?

I'm not that much of a programmer, but if you let the user control the bar, get the width of it and converse it into time, and then use the
Code:
"VideoPlayer.SeekTime",

method to skip to it, that would be great.

Maybe it should already be working, but in that case consider this a bugreport, chrome on windows vista, xbmc on ubuntu 10.04
Nice interface! Pretty solid ajax implementation.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Dude: this absolutely rocks. Thanks so much for the effort & for sharing it!
bb
I had a quick look at this interface, feels great, very smooth.

In my debugging I noticed that in some places your not doing variable checking before specifying a path to the vfs, as such calls are being made to /vfs/undefined

Could you look into this; I'd like to see the issue resolved before adding it to the addon repo, if you submit it that is!

Keep up the good work

M
demichiel Wrote:I do have a function request, but I'm not sure if it's doable.
Would it be possible to skip the movie by using the yellow progress bar on the bottom?
Will be implemented in next version. thx Smile

Malard Wrote:In my debugging I noticed that in some places your not doing variable checking before specifying a path to the vfs, as such calls are being made to /vfs/undefined

Could you look into this; I'd like to see the issue resolved before adding it to the addon repo, if you submit it that is!
Will be fixed in next version, thx. Yes, i will submit it to the repo when the most bugs are fixed Smile
Great stuff!!

One thing for me: I use "Hide Artists who only appear on compilations" would something like that be possible for AWX ??
The API does not support this feature, but i already requested it: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10322
Ok i get it.

About the thumbs loading. In fact it works but didn't saw it.
When it first load the page, it request all appearing thumbs of the top of the page.

If you scroll down, it continues to finish its queue, then it queues the new thumbs showed on your page.

But as thumbs are slow to load, it takes a while before you see thumbs of your actual page position.

Perhaps it could be possible to stop the current queue loading and replace it by the current one ?

Not related but nice tip for those like me who want to put the web frontend directly on your lighthttpd or apache ( and not installed as plugin ) , here is the way to go ( works here ):

Put the plugin content directly in your webserver ( ex: /var/www/awx ), and proxy all "*jsonrpc" and "*vfs" query to xbmc web server.

conf sample for lighttpd ( xbmc webserver is 8080, lighttpd server is 80 )

Code:
$HTTP["url"] =~ "^/jsonrpc" {
proxy.server = ( "" => ( ( "host" => "127.0.0.1",
                             "port" => 8080
) )
)
}

$HTTP["url"] =~ "^/vfs" {
proxy.server = ( "" => ( ( "host" => "127.0.0.1",
                             "port" => 8080
) )
)
}

Then you can use many different xbmc webfrontend at the same time ( awx + xwmm + wtouch ).
when going in movies, i get an error message on upper right corner "Failed to retrieve movie list!"

what informations do you need?
Great that the albums and songs are shown now in Files mode. But unfortunately the albums or files are not playable. I get the message Playing File .... Failed.

Also one request. The Cursor is very big blinking. Its a little ugly.. can it get out.

I am using Windows7 xbmc beta2 and firefox
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC6