• 18(current)
[MOD] Customizable Confluence
Has anyone got Weather + plugin working on this mod with the horizontal menu? I put in the plugin and it does work but then the views like igotdvds halfwall are no longer available?
Mudislander Wrote:@cruzannavy Will this be in the skin directory, or elsewhere, as I find when you update the skin it deletes everything in the skin directory & then re-installs the updated skin with the side effect that all the users collected art work gets deleted in the process.

it will be in the skin directory but i can do this. i will make two folders. "extras-cruzan" and "extras" under "skin.cruzan" but i will have the xml files look for "extras" by default. that way if you want to use what i have rename mine to "extras" and if not, drop your images in extras. that way "i think" in theory when you download an update the "extras folder you download should be empty by default" and should not overwrite what you have in that folder already since the one you download was empty... right?

Or what would you suggest?
Quote:extras folder you download should be empty by default" and should not overwrite what you have in that folder

Just to clarify I was thinking along the lines of an update through the repo installer not a manual update. Over the weekend I'll test having a empty extras folder as you suggest & see what happens. I've been working along similar lines & have been having problems passing a variable path through to the movie views. As you have done " /genre/whatever" works but "$INFO[Skin.String(GenreFanartDir)]" as I tried only works in the CommonRootView & none of the other views.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:Just to clarify I was thinking along the lines of an update through the repo installer not a manual update. Over the weekend I'll test having a empty extras folder as you suggest & see what happens. I've been working along similar lines & have been having problems passing a variable path through to the movie views. As you have done " /genre/whatever" works but "$INFO[Skin.String(GenreFanartDir)]" as I tried only works in the CommonRootView & none of the other views.

so what are you trying to do exactly ? create more genre views? ie all view you have in library view?

i am starting from scratch , well kinda. im trying to find a view that looks nice for genre icons in confluence. so far i have halfwall(halfwall2), wallstream, list (commonrootview), and thumbnails, but none of them are really waht i would like yet, surprisingly i like the list view ( with a half list mod) the most so far. but i am still looking at other skins to get ideas to make my own. the biggest problem i have, is when the background changes the genre icons kinda get lost in the mix since there are many of them. but in list view its one stationary icon that changes. the halfwall is nice too but the animation seems jerky ( and not smooth and animation isnt my strong point yet!) so im seeing how other do a halfwall/ poster icon view and see if i can get my to mirror theirs.

ps. are you from an island? or where did u get that name? just curious
cruzannavy Wrote:so what are you trying to do exactly ? create more genre views? ie all view you have in library view?
ps. are you from an island? or where did u get that name? just curious

I'm trying basically the same as yourself, but the mod I'm working on is getting too big so I wanted the user to add their own genre icons & fanart into a directory of thier choosing. I like the plain list as well, right now I'm playing with getting a genre icon to show in the poster view on the bottom left before the media flags, actually doesn't look too bad.

The name, I'm born South African but am living in the UK at the wife's family insistance. Therefore my form of protest I call the place Mudisland. The sig also very loosely translated - Don't Let The Bas*erds Grind You Down

on a side note, has anyone taken the time to go throught he xmls and fix this long outstanding issue? the issue is:
wide banners work , but poster dont and vice versa, for tv shows...

in some views the wide banner is forced into poster view and distorted?
i suggest jsut editing the xmls in question to either a custom naming convention or to hard code it to look for poster instead of wide icon ? any suggestions before i jump down into this to get it started?
Im very very curios if anyone has an easy fix other than me editing the associated xmlsHuh?
here are the mock ups of what i have done so far. I am trying to stick to the confluence color scheme. hope you guys like.
If anyone wants the code let me know. I am going to upload the new version of my skin(tonight or tomorrow), with new medial flags and the genre icons veiws.
Genre Wall -Nothing selected

Genre Wall -Action selected

Genre Wall -War

and the other view. i called it low list

Lowlist

and here is an image of the new codec flags

and if anyone has a view for the genre icon view. send me a link so i can see so i can recreate it. i do some views from scratch and then like many artists ( i steal the view and make it my own)
Cruzan Confluence 5.28.11
http://www.mediafire.com/?gxcex9l4kjk55e7

and check out this thread too.. this is where i will be posting
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102423
cruzannavy Wrote:it will be in the skin directory but i can do this. i will make two folders. "extras-cruzan" and "extras" under "skin.cruzan" but i will have the xml files look for "extras" by default. that way if you want to use what i have rename mine to "extras" and if not, drop your images in extras. that way "i think" in theory when you download an update the "extras folder you download should be empty by default" and should not overwrite what you have in that folder already since the one you download was empty... right?

Or what would you suggest?

Been testing, You're right XBMC does not delete a file if it is not to be over written. You must know how much work I have to rewind now, because I thought it would be deleted.

Mudislander Wrote:Been testing, You're right XBMC does not delete a file if it is not to be over written. You must know how much work I have to rewind now, because I thought it would be deleted.

Glad to shed some light , but hey , atleast you know now Smile once you get it all situated then it be easy, trust me i knwo how you feel. was editing some xmls and found that i had wrote teh wrong path several times. and was dreadign the re-work, until figured hmm let me see if i can open them all at once in notepad++ and tell it finda ll in all open documents, once i verified that all looked well and replaced like 500+ strings with one push of a button was such a relief. did it several more times to a couple other groups of xmls and it must have saved hours even days of work lol. lesson learned. make sure its the absolute path before committing the change Smile
cruzannavy Wrote:here are the mock ups of what i have done so far. I am trying to stick to the confluence color scheme. hope you guys like.
If anyone wants the code let me know. I am going to upload the new version of my skin(tonight or tomorrow), with new medial flags and the genre icons veiws.
Lowlist

[/img]

and if anyone has a view for the genre icon view. send me a link so i can see so i can recreate it. i do some views from scratch and then like many artists ( i steal the view and make it my own)

thank you, thank you, thank you Smile

Lowlist is my favourite Smile
castortray Wrote:thank you, thank you, thank you Smile

Lowlist is my favourite Smile

no prob, still wanting to make another actually, genre wall and low list are cool, but three views would seem more complete. if you see aview or think of any can you post the idea in this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102423
Hi All,

When I open 'movies' and all is displayed wonderfully, just for a split second the first movie background image. Despite being set to not load background images/fan art, i'm conscious this is still being displayed 'behind the scenes'

I'd like to ensure that this is somehow set, but haven't clue where to start. Any suggestions/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

JT
So im a bit of a noob, been using xbmc for a while and just downloaded and enabled this, how do I make it look like all these pictures ive seen. Ive looked through all the options in the program and i cant find a thing? :confused2:
hi. I currently have an issue with fanarts in the library mode for movies.

despite selecting "hide fanarts" it still shows them.
TV show library works fine though.

any advice?
thankyou.
My media center:
12TB Homebuilt Raid5 Server | Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid | Bose V3 lifestyle | Samsung S7 55" Slim LED TV

4 PC clients w/ xbmc (windows) - 1 w/ live
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Customizable Confluence6