XBMC doesn't boot completely without (HDMI) TV turned on. (to play music without tv)
Rainbow 
Hi there,

When I turn on my HTPC (running XBMC Dharma b2) without my tv turned on it boots up just until xbmc is started. At that moment I cannot access it through ssh either. When I turn my TV on XBMC shows up immediately.

I'd like to be able to turn on my HTPC without my TV when I want to listen to music. Does anybody know what is the problem here?
If you're running live with an hdmi connection dharma b1 or b2, do you experience the same?

Greetings
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
While you didn't post much information it is likely due to xbmc not being able to initialize the HDMI interface since the TV is off. This is because xorg wants to probe the port for device capabilities. There are threads here to explain how people have worked around this though I have not been successful in doing so myself.

I see that the majority of those that have been successful are using nvidia video devices but in my case I have an Intel.

The basics are you need to dump the binary information from your display and pass it to xorg when it is starting and tell it not to probe.
tripkip Wrote:When I turn on my HTPC (running XBMC Dharma b2) without my tv turned on it boots up just until xbmc is started. At that moment I cannot access it through ssh either. When I turn my TV on XBMC shows up immediately.
How do you know it actually boots up? If it's connected through A/V receiver, any chance you have Panasonic TV and/or Yamaha receiver? Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q150 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
russg Wrote:While you didn't post much information it is likely due to xbmc not being able to initialize the HDMI interface since the TV is off. This is because xorg wants to probe the port for device capabilities. There are threads here to explain how people have worked around this though I have not been successful in doing so myself.

I see that the majority of those that have been successful are using nvidia video devices but in my case I have an Intel.

The basics are you need to dump the binary information from your display and pass it to xorg when it is starting and tell it not to probe.

Thanks, that looks like a very possible explanation. I cannot find any such threads. I'm sorry to bother you, could you point me to one?
I have Nvidia so that's a good start.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
What you need to do is setup xorg with a manual loaded EDID.

I had to do this for my old pioneer receiver as it wouldn't pass this information to the TV properly. But with the new receiver it does, it allows me to turn off the TV and listen to music, and also keeps XBMC running in the background with the TV/receiver off.

Here's an excellent post which will help you setup a manually loaded EDID:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54685

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC doesn't boot completely without (HDMI) TV turned on. (to play music without tv)0