[video] My first XBMC setup. Is this normal?
Just bought a Zotac ZBOX I11 box. 2GB of ram, and just threw in a 64GB Kingston SSD. Windows 7 32bit. DXVA enabled.

It seems to be working fine. However, there are a few "slow" parts. Loading different menus takes a bit sometimes. I figured that's just the Aeon skin. However, when I load a movie, for the first few seconds it may skip or stutter and get blocky artifacts. And when watching a movie, and 'tabbing' out to the menus, it's slow too. I'm still assuming this is atom related, since it's switching menus which isn't GPU accelerated.

So my question to you guys - does the speed of all of this seem normal to you? Just want to make sure my setup is good, or that I don't need to configure anything else. I just read from a bunch of members that their ION systems "FLY", so I guess I'm just a little disappointed in the speeds of menus/artwork. Perhaps this is "FLYING" for such a weak atom machine (after testing XBMC out on my Core i7 for a week haha Smile )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHZU755i3Jg&hd=1
Also - I'm running the SSD drive now. But I'd prefer having a larger drive, and not spending $100 on the SSD (I want to store all 40GB of my music on my main drive so I can bring the PC places without having to bring external drives)

So will SSD improve my performance THAT much, or will enabling DDS backgrounds be sufficient? I went from SATA to SSD and didn't notice that much of an improvement...
Try this skin instead http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81601
I love aeon65 and use it my self, but its a bit resource hungry.
Thanks I'll give it a try. I'm hoping that the SATA drive works well with it. $100 for a 64GB SSD with Windows 7 installed only leaves me 38GB free currently. I have 40+ GB of music, so I'll probably switch back to my SATA drive if the performance of this skin helps. I'm also going to convert the artwork to DDS to see if that improves performance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[video] My first XBMC setup. Is this normal?0